KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why does all literature place Sidious as strongest sith lord?

Do you think Sidious deserves to be strongest?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, he is the most powerful Sith Lord. 41 71.93%
No, there are others that should surpass him. 16 28.07%
Total: 57 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Why does all literature place Sidious as strongest sith lord?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I know.

I was more asking about the 'universal power level' bullshit.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

lol agreed.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 01:02 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Based
I get that everyone is entitled to an opinion but the hypocrisy is amazing. Believe what you want but you are the last person on this planet that can complain about about

A) being a fanboy
B) unnecessarily hyping feats (or in your case unnecessarily hyping descriptions in lieu to a LACK of feats)
C) calling out writers because they don't share YOUR biased view.

Like believe what you want, but there's no fvcking way you don't see that you do the same exact thing you're calling out people on with regards to TOR characters. There's no point in trying to refute that either.

So fans who make statements such as these:

Originally posted by The Merchant
Sidious can tear the fabric of space itself. Universal level power there.

- are objective and not biased?

Read my entire post a hundred times and then pass your judgment about me you "numbskull and pathetic Sidious fanboy of highest order."

I try to "restore" sense in debates about Star Wars lore in this forum, otherwise we get posts such as "Anakin will blitz Vitiate" and vice versa.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Nov 10th, 2013 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 04:28 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

LeGenD, Based's point was, that you have no room to talk, and he was right. Quit complaining when you do the exact same thing, except on a far greater scale. Hell, you suggested that Revan, just because he's powerful, can move as fast Palpatine despite nothing even suggesting it.

TBH, I don't think Merchant meant "universal scale power." I think he used poor choice of words. But the Comics Companion does say that the storm Palpatine unleashed against the new republic fleet did threaten to consume all of space (interpret that as you will). Regardless, Palpatine's ability to instantly summon storms that rip the very fabric of space/time, capable of destroying entire star fleets, is a display of personal raw power and mastery that Vitiate has never came close to demonstrating. The closest Vitiate came to matching that kind of destructive power, required either aid or lots of preparation.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Still holding out for that nerd!rage hurricane. Anyone gonna lead the charge to unseat the saga's Big Bad?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 11:45 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Correction: I meant despite Revan having no feats to suggest it.

Power does play a huge part in speed just as it does in any other universal power, such as telepathy, TK, etc. But being powerful doesn't automatically mean one is as fast as Sidious. Same with telepathy (which is a universal power), being powerful doesn't automatically mean one is as potent as Vitiate with TP.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Still holding out for that nerd!rage hurricane. Anyone gonna lead the charge to unseat the saga's Big Bad?

No one cares. And your gleeful attempts to egg us on aren't exactly convinced us to bother.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys
No one cares. And your gleeful attempts to egg us on aren't exactly convinced us to bother.

(please log in to view the image)

I got you to 'bother' back on page 1, sweetheart. wink

I can only assume you're just displeased with the poll results. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:10 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

But you already agree that Sidious is basically the top tho, right, Neph?

I see that you believe that there are a few that can contend/possibly defeat him in battle, but you do agree that he is one of the top combatants and has displayed some of the most destructive powers in the mythos.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:11 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The_Tempest
(please log in to view the image)

I got you to 'bother' back on page 1, sweetheart. wink

I can only assume you're just displeased with the poll results. laughing out loud

No, you got me to post. You didn't get me to lead your 'nerd-rage hurricane'. I don't give a shit about leading the charge. I gave my opinion and thats it.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
But you already agree that Sidious is basically the top tho, right, Neph?

I see that you believe that there are a few that can contend/possibly defeat him in battle, but you do agree that he is one of the top combatants and has displayed some of the most destructive powers in the mythos.

I agree that he stands on top of the mountain, just not that he is the peak.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:11 AM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys
No, you got me to post. You didn't get me to lead your 'nerd-rage hurricane'. I don't give a shit about leading the charge. I gave my opinion and thats it.

...Because I wanted you to. Such is my power over you.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:15 AM
Dominis

So, who do you believe stands at the top, Neph? Not trying to debate. Just curious.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:18 AM
Dominis

Or peak or whatever.

And no, I don't care about double posting.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:19 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Lo'tekk/World Razer thumb up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:20 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

thumb up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:20 AM
Dominis

Oh.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:21 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

overall those are those strongest, sans the Ones.

Out of just jedi/sith it's Luke.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:22 AM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lo'tekk/World Razer thumb up

proofplz

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:24 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Both were considered to have galaxy shattering power.

Just more TOR media smile

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:24 AM
The_Tempest

moredetailplz

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 12:28 AM