KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...

The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arhael
Devoid of reality

quote:
Dooku pulled an elaborated escape plan off, or he would have been cut into pieces sooner or later. The very same faith would await Sidious, if he where to face Yoda on equal ground.

At least in film Yoda's and Dooku's fight is pretty even. Both script and book, if I remember correctly, confirm that Dooku got tired and slowed down. And Yoda failed to outskill or outspeed even tired Dooku. I don't see how Yoda can wear out Sidious, who has much greater Force reserves than Dooku.

Also, unlike Dooku, Sidious is confirmed to be level 9 combatant like Yoda, which means that the outcome of their fight will be based on circumstances and plain luck. So you have no basis to claim that Sidious would be sooner or later cut into pieces on even ground.

On contrary I have the basis to claim that Sidious is more likely to win on even ground:

"He's better than Yoda in a way because he has the extra power of the dark side," Gillard explains. "His character is so shrouded that his fighting style should be shrouded as well. The Emperor is deadly dangerous."- Nick Gillard

quote:
They are both fighting on a confined space. That one of them either choses or is forced to fight on less of that space than his opponent is irrelevant to that fact. Sidious could have utilized the sides of the podium, just as Yoda did. But either he didn't want to do so, because the advantages the middles position offered to him. Or he was forced to stay in that middle position, because Yoda was the superior fighter.

You don't take into account their size difference. Yoda is much smaller, so for him the same platform offers more space.

Moreover, Yoda is plainly far more agile, which gives him far more options on confined/uneven space. Other characters clearly can't jump around the way Yoda does. Anakin tried, lost all his limbs as result.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arhael
At least in film Yoda's and Dooku's fight is pretty even. Both script and book, if I remember correctly, confirm that Dooku got tired and slowed down. And Yoda failed to outskill or outspeed even tired Dooku. I don't see how Yoda can wear out Sidious, who has much greater Force reserves than Dooku.

I really don't get how you reach your conclusions from the stuff you're posting. So, Dooku gets tired, slows down and then runs for it. Yet, somehow, that does translate into "being pretty even" compared to Yoda? I can just wonder how that leap in your logic works. Because, to me, if one of two opponents tires, slows down and finally runs away, that is a clear indicator of being the inferior one.

quote:

Also, unlike Dooku, Sidious is confirmed to be level 9 combatant like Yoda, which means that the outcome of their fight will be based on circumstances and plain luck. So you have no basis to claim that Sidious would be sooner or later cut into pieces on even ground.

Unfortunatelly for you, Nick Gillards personal opinion is nothing to base an argument on. So you can just erase the idea of "levels" to put the combatants on.

quote:

On contrary I have the basis to claim that Sidious is more likely to win on even ground:

"He's better than Yoda in a way because he has the extra power of the dark side," Gillard explains. "His character is so shrouded that his fighting style should be shrouded as well. The Emperor is deadly dangerous."- Nick Gillard

Nice. But the rule applies: Nick Gillard's personal thoughts on the issue are entirely irrelevant. They aren't canon. They aren't part of the source material as its defined. They are just some additional information for Star Wars fans that may or may not be correct. Hell. Gillard is the same guy who denied the existance of lightsaber forms and - specifically - Vaapad in the first place. So citing him, is about as conclusive as citing the thoughts of your mom on the issue.

quote:

You don't take into account their size difference. Yoda is much smaller, so for him the same platform offers more space.

Does the size of Yoda somehow influence the size of the podium? No. So does Yoda have "more space to manouver"? No. Sidious could very well jump around on the side of the podium, swinging his lightsaber from side to side. But, meanwhile, Yoda could just go and have a drink, because their is no way, that Sidious could hit Yoda with a lightsaber, if the Sith Lord was standing on the side of the podium with the Jedi Master in the middle.

That the same guy who can perform massive leaps pretty much on the spot to evade hits from Maul/Opress in the Clone Wars should be hampered by "confined space" on the podium is a pretty ridiculous theory.

quote:

Moreover, Yoda is plainly far more agile, which gives him far more options on confined/uneven space. Other characters clearly can't jump around the way Yoda does. Anakin tried, lost all his limbs as result.

So a higher agility and manouverability is an advantage for stunts in confined space but doesn't influence Yoda's lightsaber skill in comparison to Sidious. I'd say a higher agility / manouverability would count as advantage in the fighting department. Apparently, you see that differently.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
That sounds reasonable. Let me try.

I don't care anymore.

Now let's talk about something else in a thread that isn't a testament to birth control for someone's parents.

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 01:05 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by The_Tempest
50/50 shot at 4

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

He thought 4 was Sidious.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 05:38 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

stfu

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Dies at 6 for certain.

Probably gets driven away from 5 (or at least fights him to a standstill / 'til one of them slips up due to fatigue).

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 06:06 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Falls at 5 or 6.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 06:16 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Dies to RotS Palpatine

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

stops at 5 in a great fight

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Lmfao

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 09:38 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I've a question for the veterans out there 'cause I'm curious: In the golden age of Star Wars debating, did every thread yield 30 pages of discussion, or is this just an exception?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

As a historian of the olden days of great debating: generally speaking, yes. When the forum first started, the general quality was ****ing awful, with but a couple shining lights. Then users like Lightsnake, Gideon, Janus, Faunus, Nai, Lord Lucien, HeWhoKnowsAll, Neph, SIDIOUS66, LeG, (LeG I value because he works hard and sparks responses/discussion, and Neph is extremely underrated these days, I remember when I first got on kmc I thought he nearly rivaled Temp, and there was viable evidence for that,) etc. joined and made for some intellectually juicy arguments, with some great snarky wit in the process. Since they've gotten older and more lethargic, users like myself, Ant, NewGuy, and DMB tried to carry the torch along with the other new blood. Suffice it to say, we now follow their lead as far as lethargy is concerned in Star Wars content, though Ant and especially DMB remain incredibly hard-working, and you are also a nice addition to the forum. The SWTOR forums members were also solid additions, though AP and Beni are the only ones who still churn out quality posts. Nova is sort of stuck in the rut I was where it almost seems like he says the same things every single day, (bless his persistence, a trait I never had with Star Wars). DC is essentially the black version of me, and for that I love him. smile

That said, Carthage I love you too, but you legitimately destroyed KMC. I need to make a thread about this for those who don't know, Don't I? smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 07:24 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I love how 2013 is now the olden days kek.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:16 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Well, I was referring to like 2004-2005.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:19 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Thank you for the detailed response. smile

Makes me kinda sad, though, when I look at threads nowadays and compare them to the older ones. sad

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 01:29 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Ah.

Then he defeats HoT with difficulty.

#throwbacktuesday

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 01:21 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Azronger
Dies to RotS Palpatine

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:37 PM
Darth Thor

^ Except he didn't.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote