KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » 6 Star Wars Episodes.

6 Star Wars Episodes.
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Hehehe... So, sweersa, why do you rate ESB so low?

It never did much for me, can't really put my finger on it though. It's a great movie, but compared to most of the other Star Wars films it doesn't stand out as much.

I did grow up watching Star Wars and ROTJ, and didn't see Empire until years later so that may have something to do with it. I didn't watch ESB much as a child.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2013 04:28 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So your childhood determines the likeability of a movie?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2013 10:55 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

So your childhood determines the likeability of a movie?

You could say it's nostalgic. If I enjoyed watching a movie or a TV show as a child I seem to enjoy it as an adult, where as some other movies my friends enjoyed as children that I never watches, don't seem as appealing to me when I see them.

Maybe that's why I enjoyed the prequel and original trilogy. I grew up watching both of them. big grin

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2013 05:20 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I grew up to an extent with the Prequel trilogy. I liked it once, long ago. Put RotS at the top of the list too.

But then I developed a sense of discernment and the ability to judge films based on more than just nostalgic appeal/"ooh look at the lightsabers!"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2013 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

When I was a kid Empire was not my favorite. But it became my favorite when it came out on video and I got to rematch them. I value it because it's the best told story of them all, is the most balanced story, has the best character development and the best performances from the actors. Just about everything is darn perfect on this one.

ANH is great but has cringe moments (like Toshi Station or the condo between Han en Luke after escaping the DS), ROTJ has the best opening and great scenes with Luke, Vader and the Emperor, but Ford is not great here, Fisher has a couple is extremely clumsy scenes and then there's the Ewoks.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 12:21 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

When I was a kid, Empire was my favorite because of the AT-ATs. Period. I didn't care about Luke and his father, Han falling for Leia, C3PO getting blown apart.. those M$%#&@ F$^#%@ AT-ATs were insane on the big screen!

Many movies made around 1980 were so awesome for kids; ET, ESB, Blade Runner, Tron, The Black Hole, Superman, ST:Wrath of Khan, Raiders of the Lost Ark... just a great time to be a kid.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Old Post May 1st, 2014 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Kickballjedi
When I was a kid, Empire was my favorite because of the AT-ATs. Period. I didn't care about Luke and his father, Han falling for Leia, C3PO getting blown apart.. those M$%#&@ F$^#%@ AT-ATs were insane on the big screen!

Many movies made around 1980 were so awesome for kids; ET, ESB, Blade Runner, Tron, The Black Hole, Superman, ST:Wrath of Khan, Raiders of the Lost Ark... just a great time to be a kid.

Don't forget The Goonies!

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 12:12 PM
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol a bunch of old pricks wtf are goonies

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post May 16th, 2014 04:58 AM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

My God you're dumb.

Old Post May 16th, 2014 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by PTforthewin
Lol a bunch of old pricks wtf are goonies

Execute Order 67 - the deliberate and systematic destruction of all movie nitwits… ;-)

Learn your history, dude!!!

Old Post May 18th, 2014 01:15 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by sweersa
It never did much for me, can't really put my finger on it though. It's a great movie, but compared to most of the other Star Wars films it doesn't stand out as much.

First time I've seen someone other than myself feel the same way.

However, I will acknowledge that from a production standpoint itself, it was the best developed.

Aside from that, I just think it's good. Never quite placed ESB on the golden pedestal everyone else has. Aside from the last 30 minutes or so I don't find it to be very entertaining at all.

There was a time in the 90's where ESB wasn't as iconic as it is today.

The release of TPM had a lot to do with that, because people realized TPM had Jar Jar, ROTJ had Ewoks...and oh yeah, I guess the last real mature one was "ESB."

Fun fact, when ESB was first released, it received very mixed reviews. Amazing how time changes one's perception on things.

I like George.

Old Post May 20th, 2014 06:19 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed. But to be frank, it IS the best. Best acted, best directed, best storyline, best drama, best music. SW never got better than ESB.

Old Post May 20th, 2014 08:12 PM
beedubaya

V, III, VI, II, IV, I

Old Post Jul 8th, 2014 06:07 PM
Click here to Send beedubaya a Private Message Find more posts by beedubaya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oooh... III on second place... that is daring.

And I do think ROTJ deserves a better spot than the outright horrible EPII... wink

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 07:08 AM
overlold
Supreme Gentleman Member

Originally posted by sweersa
They change slightly from time to time. I re-watched the prequel trilogy recently and really don't see why people hate on them so much.

Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 1
Episode 6
Episode 5
Episode 2
I thought episode 1 was pretty cool
much the same reason I like 5.
They have some really original planets. I also loved the game of TPM.

My friends say the prequels are bad because of reviews they read. Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 12:13 PM
Click here to Send overlold a Private Message Find more posts by overlold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh I thought it was because they are boring, narratively flawed and sometimes horribly acted.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 02:32 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Oh I thought it was because they are boring, narratively flawed and sometimes horribly acted.
What? No way! People who have negative opinions of the Prequels are only just copying the sentiment of reviews. That fact negates their criticism.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 10:56 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ah, so that's where I got it from. wink

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 12:32 PM
queeq
Chaos

Of course.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 07:32 PM