KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars Winding Down.

Clone Wars Winding Down.
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So I went ahead and watched the final few episodes first(had to see what the Yoda/Palpatine clash was all about.) Much to my surprise, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the battle between them wasn't real in the physical sense... Although you could argue that a real fight between them in that particular setting would have played out the same way, given that they essentially battled one another on the astral plane.<------Do not highlight unless you want major spoilers.

Anyway, Yoda's final 'realization'(you'll know what I'm talking about when you watch the last episode) was an absolutely perfect way to conclude the series.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 9th, 2014 at 02:21 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I've watched all of them now except the Yoda Arc. Looks like that's where all the excitement is, but was a bit much to cramp it all in one day.

Anyway found the Mace and Jar Jar Arc disappointing, but enjoyed the Clone Trooper Arc and the Clovis Arc was pretty interesting.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Finally catching up- I am perpetually three years behind on Clone Wars. In many ways a good job they've stopped or I'd never catch up.

Are there any plans to release the concluding half-season on DVD, do we know?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 02:15 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I've watched all of them now except the Yoda Arc. Looks like that's where all the excitement is
The Yoda arc is by far the best, imo.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Good to see Embo is still roaming the universe. I wonder if we'll ever see Cad Bane or Ventress again?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 05:02 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm sure Cad Bane will appear in Rebels. But I'm content with what the CW did with Ventress.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 05:20 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I forgot but what became of Ventress? I know she helped Anakin catch Barriss but that's all I can remember.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 05:53 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

That's the last we see of her, yeah. But basically Dooku betrays her, she goes to get help from the Nightsisters but the Separatists wipe them out, and then she becomes a bounty hunter

She's still out there, but I think her arc was wrapped up pretty nicely.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 05:55 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Plus they'll need to have a few 'known' antagonists appear in Rebels to help satiate the preexisting CW fanbase, imo.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 06:08 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I'm guessing there is a 13 year or so gap between CW and Rebels.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 06:31 PM
ares834

On a different note, these episodes show that Dooku was working with Sidious before TPM. This is evident as Sifo-Dyas was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: killed at the behest of Dooku when Valorum was the Chancellor.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 07:24 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Technically, that could have still taken place during TPM, as Valorum was still the Chancellor for part of the film until Padme issued a vote of no-confidence. /shrug

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 09:15 PM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually liked the Mace & Jar Jar arc, I loved the contrast between the two, but the Mace vs. Talzin fight was disappointing.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 10:45 PM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Technically, that could have still taken place during TPM, as Valorum was still the Chancellor for part of the film until Padme issued a vote of no-confidence. /shrug

True. I was just trying to simplifying what I said. Either way it differs from what happened in the EU as Dooku was working with Sidious prior to Qui-Gon's death.

Originally posted by King Joker
I actually liked the Mace & Jar Jar arc, I loved the contrast between the two, but the Mace vs. Talzin fight was disappointing.

It was surprising alright for a Jar Jar centric arc. But I wasn't a fan of the idea that Talzin could become uber powerful by using some stupid ritual. Plus, they focused on Jar Jar's bumbling antics rather than the Talzin/Windu fight... Meh.

Last edited by ares834 on Mar 9th, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 10:47 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

On episode 8, enjoying it so far...

Dammit Jar-Jar... I didn't see THAT coming.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 11:32 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
True. I was just trying to simplifying what I said. Either way it differs from what happened in the EU as Dooku was working with Sidious prior to Qui-Gon's death.
EU material has Dooku as a Sith 10 years before the battle Geonosis--so pretty much during TPM.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 01:34 AM
ares834

But still afterwords. Qui-Gon's death was the catalyst that drove him to join the Sith.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 01:40 AM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Awesome seeing Jar Jar getting some pussy though...

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 01:51 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
But still afterwords. Qui-Gon's death was the catalyst that drove him to join the Sith.
Ah yes. Same year, but just a smidgen after Jinn's death. thumb up

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 01:53 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Those ****ing feels...

Bit disappointed that I didn't see more of my favourites, but that Yoda arc... ****ing hell.

I am sooo gonna miss this show; when it's at its best, it's every bit the reason I continue to be a die-hard SW fan.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 04:10 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote