KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars Winding Down.

Clone Wars Winding Down.
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I have the feeling Disney wants to leave the PT era behind. So I'm not expecting many connections to the PT films now. People like Ashoka, Vos, and Ventress are always possible though since they were never in the films, and I don't think TCW gets that same hate that the PT gets.

That's because it did the PT better than the PT for the most part.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 05:11 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well I'm not really on the PT hate wagon, but do admit TCW expanded on those movies very nicely, filling in necessary gaps in the overall plot and character development.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

I don't hate him, he just never grabbed my attention in the comics. I always felt like he was a bit of a Marty Stu, so I wasn't really interested in him.
Oh, now see I thought his story in Republic(particularly his post-Order 666 story) was one of the better stories throughout the comic-based medium. I loved what they did with him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well I'm not really on the PT hate wagon, but do admit TCW expanded on those movies very nicely, filling in necessary gaps in the overall plot and character development.

I don't hate the PT as a whole. There are parts I like, and parts I despise. I do think, though, that they're seriously beneath the Original Trilogy for the most part.

Originally posted by Galan007
Oh, now see I thought his story in Republic(particularly his post-Order 666 story) was one of the better stories throughout the comic-based medium. I loved what they did with him.

At the start of the story in Republic, I really liked him. I just felt like he was bit of an author avatar at times, and that stuff can put me off if it's not handled a certain way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 11:49 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

In my opinion TCW>>>Prequel Movies...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2014 01:33 PM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As a whole I definitely agree. Filoni was willing to take 'risks' that Lucas was not, imho.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2014 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

As a whole I definitely agree. Filoni was willing to take 'risks' that Lucas was not, imho.

Definitely. I also like Anakin as a character 10x more than how he was in the movies.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 12:54 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well its easy to praise other people when we see some good Star Wars and criticise Lucas every time we see some bad Star Wars, but fact is nothing happened on TCW without Lucas's consent and all the big story lines and ideas came directly from him. All the Star Wars we've seen on the big and small screen up until now has all bee courtesy of Mr. Lucas. So don't forget if your still a Star Wars fan it is all down to him. I personally am grateful for his work and will miss it now that its ended.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 11:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No one is hating on Lucas. Just saying that in my personal opinion, TCW was much, much better than the PT films in pretty much every area. Filoni was simply able to do more with the SW mythos in the animated universe(and do it easier) than Lucas could have ever hoped to do with the characters/plot in the cinematic universe. That much is a fact.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 05:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think it needs to be considered that TCW did have a lot more freedom, and a lot more time, to build things that the movies either couldn't, or wouldn't.

Well its easy to praise other people when we see some good Star Wars and criticise Lucas every time we see some bad Star Wars, but fact is nothing happened on TCW without Lucas's consent and all the big story lines and ideas came directly from him. All the Star Wars we've seen on the big and small screen up until now has all bee courtesy of Mr. Lucas. So don't forget if your still a Star Wars fan it is all down to him. I personally am grateful for his work and will miss it now that its ended.

It's not about praise or criticism. Lucas did sign off on all of the "big decisions", but the fact remains that there are things from that show that weren't Lucas in the slightest.

Like the character interactions and dialogue which were, for me, one of the very best things about the show. Lucas didn't sit and write all of that dialogue.

Lucas has his positives, and he has his faults. I can be grateful without being a yes man; that's what got us the shitty parts of the prequels, after all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 05:50 PM
Darth Thor

No one is hating on Lucas. Just saying that in my personal opinion, TCW was much, much better than the PT films in pretty much every area. Filoni was simply able to do more with the SW mythos in the animated universe(and do it easier) than Lucas could have ever hoped to do with the characters/plot in the cinematic universe. That much is a fact.

Yeah except again TCW wasn't Filoni's creation. It was Lucas's. Filoni was simply executing what Lucas wanted and the way Lucas wanted it.

I think it needs to be considered that TCW did have a lot more freedom, and a lot more time, to build things that the movies either couldn't, or wouldn't.

It's not about praise or criticism. Lucas did sign off on all of the "big decisions", but the fact remains that there are things from that show that weren't Lucas in the slightest.

Like the character interactions and dialogue which were, for me, one of the very best things about the show. Lucas didn't sit and write all of that dialogue.

Lucas has his positives, and he has his faults. I can be grateful without being a yes man; that's what got us the shitty parts of the prequels, after all.

That's true that he didn't write the dialogue. (Although the dialogue still isn't exactly the strongest part of TCW either). But I think you've hit it on the mark that this was a series, and just gave Lucas and Filoni much more room to expand on things and fill in gaps that just couldn't be done in a coouple of films.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 07:20 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah except again TCW wasn't Filoni's creation. It was Lucas's. Filoni was simply executing what Lucas wanted and the way Lucas wanted it.
...Which doesn't change a thing I said.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 08:14 PM
Darth Thor

^ I thought you said Filoni did something Lucas couldn't have with the SW prequel era? Filoni was just doing what Lucas told him. Or did you mean the animation was doing stuff the films couldn't have?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 08:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I said that Filoni was able to do things in the animated universe that Lucas couldn't(or at least failed to) pull off in the cinematic universe... Which is glaringly obvious.

I can break down a few of these differences further, if required.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 16th, 2014 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 08:46 PM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ahsoka is such a BAMF.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 10:33 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's true that he didn't write the dialogue. (Although the dialogue still isn't exactly the strongest part of TCW either). But I think you've hit it on the mark that this was a series, and just gave Lucas and Filoni much more room to expand on things and fill in gaps that just couldn't be done in a coouple of films.

I think you're giving Lucas way too much credit, personally.

Either way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 17th, 2014 02:19 AM
Darth Thor

I said that Filoni was able to do things in the animated universe that Lucas couldn't(or at least failed to) pull off in the cinematic universe... Which is glaringly obvious.

I can break down a few of these differences further, if required.

I think you're giving Lucas way too much credit, personally.

Either way.

I can see it's obvious TCW really expanded on the Prequel era and the movies. What I can't see is why the credit is going to Filoni instead of Lucas.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2014 08:50 AM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

The credit should go to both of them equally.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2014 06:45 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can see it's obvious TCW really expanded on the Prequel era and the movies. What I can't see is why the credit is going to Filoni instead of Lucas.

They should both get it. Just more should go to Filoni for the success of TCW itself.

Lucas is a great ideas man, but too often he falls short on the minutiae, which is where Filoni seemed to excel. At least imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 17th, 2014 09:48 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Filoni was the supervising director in overall charge of TCW. Lucas may have created the franchise and 'brainstormed' with Filoni here and there, but he was still just the executive producer of the show itself. It's the same reason people give most of the credit for the success of the Indiana Jones franchise to Spielberg, who directed the films, and not Lucas, who created the franchise and executive produced the films.

That being said, I believe Filoni should get the bulk of the credit for TCW. He did a much better overall job depicting the SWU than Lucas ever did in his films--that is to say: pretty much everything about the show was better than the PT films. The glaring difference in generalized appeal between said media can be credited almost exclusively to Filoni, imho.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2014 10:32 PM