KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti
Started by: Matthew F

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

The distinction between EU and canon is no more. Everything SW is now considered canon. Sorry.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Doesn't stop some of the people in Japan that fall in love with an image on a pillow.

Japan…. Proves my point. wink

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 04:50 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
The distinction between EU and canon is no more. Everything SW is now considered canon. Sorry.

Japan…. Proves my point. wink

Wait, so they actually did the whole "lets decide on one canon" thing, and then decided to just include everything? Really?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 01:46 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 01:18 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Am I missing something? Where does it say that everything is canon now?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 08:08 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Read the article, dude. This is what it says:

quote:

The mouse and the chainsaw

Word began trickling out over Twitter last week that Disney will be drastically redefining the state of the Star Wars lore, eliminating the bifurcated mainline/EU arrangement and in its place constructing a single official canon. All things that are part of the canon are "real," as far as Star Wars is concerned; all things not in the canon are "not real." This eliminates the quasi-real EU tier—going forward, things will either exist officially, or not at all.

Lucasfilm employee Leland Chee, who currently maintains the internal Lucasfilm database that tracks the different elements of the canon, will be one of the folks making this decision. He tweeted that "Star Wars Canon is now determined by the Lucasfilm Story Group," which he and fellow Lucasfilm employee Pablo Hidalgo are part of. When asked specifically whether the group's goal was to eliminate the mainline/EU canon arrangement and its tiers of official-ness, Chee responded with a definitive yes. "More so than ever," he said, "the canon field will serve us internally simply for classification rather than setting hierarchy."

Now, no longer will there be a complex multi-level hierarchy of canonicity—there will simply be canon, and not.

This is an excellent decision, and one that a certain other science fiction franchise whose name also includes the word "Star" made long ago. For Star Trek, the tie-in novels and other ephemera have always been non-canonical. At times, this has been a good thing, because some of the novels have been truly terrible, although at other times it's prevented Star Trek from going down what might have been some truly wonderful paths (like an on-screen exploration of John M. Ford's beautifully poetic take on the Klingons, or a far less idiotic tale of Human-Vulcan first contact).

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 08:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Maybe we have our wires crossed then, because I've read it twice now (once before, and again now that you've quoted it).

I don't get where it says that they've decreed that everything is now canon. I took from it that they were going to decide what was and wasn't.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 08:34 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Yeah to me it says, that they will remove the EU as a tier of canon and pick what they like to make canon. Everything else will be explicitly non canon going forward. Not that everything will suddenly be canon.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nothing's definite yet. But it does seem a lot of EU will be added to what we consider to be canon.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 05:50 AM