KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » What is your opinion on Star Wars The Clone Wars

What is your opinion on Star Wars The Clone Wars
Started by: PTforthewin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is your opinion on Star Wars The Clone Wars

I think it was a great show, the movie and the first 2 seasons where a little bit childish but it wasn't unwatchable it was fun because of the ton of action. the only characters that I hated seeing in them where Jar Jar and C-3P0. Season 3-6 where very dark and the story arcs where pretty good. My favorite ones are the maul story arc in season 5 and the clone trooper Arc, my favorite one was the Yoda arc in season 6. What is your opinion on the clone wars?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 02:39 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yellowfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

pretty bad

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Yellowfin a Private Message Find more posts by Yellowfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

It was a piece of crap wrapped in colorful wrapping paper.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Crap like everything associated with the Prequels

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 05:29 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I enjoyed them all, the original trilogy, the prequels, the Legends EU, but yeah, Star Wars: The Clone Wars provided a good amount of filler between AtoC and RotS, it was entertaining, fun and overall enjoyable.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

TCW is better than the Prequels IMO. But all in all, I think TCW is fantastic.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 06:29 PM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
in my opinion prequals are better then OT what does the prequals offer? Nice action, cool characters, a nice, darkish storyline, and great effects and fight scenes. What does the original trilogy offer? A drug dealer, a walking carpet, a annoying farm boy, a preppy princess, and sloppy and horrible lightsaber moves.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 06:39 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

retconned Maul and Ventresses race, that urked me. Savage Opress just makes me want to shoot myself, Ahsokas existence doesn't make sense. Maul shouldn't have survived Naboo so I didn't like that. The Animation was excellent and it gave exposure to some characters that other wise wouldn't have. Had a few good stories. Any episode with Jar Jar was just horrible. But the show did keep Darth Bane canon though the Disney EU change so that is a good thing, in the end its a meh show

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 07:20 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by PTforthewin
in my opinion prequals are better then OT what does the prequals offer? Nice action, cool characters, a nice, darkish storyline, and great effects and fight scenes. What does the original trilogy offer? A drug dealer, a walking carpet, a annoying farm boy, a preppy princess, and sloppy and horrible lightsaber moves.

You must be kidding.

What does the PT offer? Boring and/or characters, effects that might be good if they weren't so over the top and lame fight scenes.

The characters are boring and they act bored most of the time. For example, in TPM the Jedi don't seem to notice when a giant monster is about to eat them. How are we supposed to feel for the characters if they themselves don't care? Compare that to Luke facing the rancor and actually reacting to it.

The effects might be good if there wasn't so much clutter on the screen you can't tell what's going on most of the time. Plus the fact that almost the entire movie was made in a computer so it looks fake. In the OT when you see people in a forest it looks real because it was filmed in a real forest.

The fight scenes are especially bad. Twirling and spinning around like idiots does not look cool. It looks dumb.

What does the the OT offer? A likeable main hero, a good story of the underdog prevailing and cool lightsabre moves that actually look like two people fighting as opposed to the PT's wushu show.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 07:27 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

^Don't kid yourself, OT lightsaber battles were shit. Sorry.

The North Remembers

Last edited by Lord Stark on Apr 30th, 2014 at 08:00 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

TCW was generally good, with moments of great and moments of suck. I'd give it a B-.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 08:20 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'd settle for C+. Trying to stay positive.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I could see C+.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 08:48 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

A

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 09:45 PM
chilled monkey

Re: What is your opinion on Star Wars The Clone Wars

Originally posted by PTforthewin
What is your opinion on the clone wars?

Mostly indifference. It had some good stuff but mainly I didn't really care.

Scout wasn't in it which was a huge disappointment. There weren't any characters I was particularly endeared to except Barriss Offee (and we know what happened there). On the upside it did lead to the novel "No Prisoners." It was good to see Callista again.

As I said, Star Wars: The Clone Wars had some good stuff but overall I'm not a big fan.

Originally posted by carthage

To be fair the Prequels did lead to some great stuff. Yoda: Dark Rendezvous is awesome, as is the Mace Windu comic.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
^Don't kid yourself, OT lightsaber battles were shit. Sorry.

And still better than those of the PT.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Apr 30th, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 10:01 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by The_Tempest
TCW was generally good, with moments of great and moments of suck. I'd give it a B-.

I'd agree with that. I'd give it a solid B, curving it slightly because it is a children's show.

Originally posted by chilled monkey
And still better than those of the PT.

Most certainly not.

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

I'd agree with that. I'd give it a solid B, curving it slightly because it is a children's show.

A childrens show with torture scenes, war, death, decapitation, people being blown to literal bits, amputations and several attempts at genocide... let give it an E for everyone

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 11:40 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by WildBantha88
A childrens show with torture scenes, war, death, decapitation, people being blown to literal bits, amputations and several attempts at genocide... let give it an E for everyone

Eh Anime is aimed towards 5-12 year olds and yet it shows shit that's just as bad. So yeah its a kids show.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 1st, 2014 12:32 AM
chilled monkey

Eh Anime is aimed towards 5-12 year olds and yet it shows shit that's just as bad. So yeah its a kids show.

Not always. There are many anime series that are rated "15" or "18." Anime is just like movies; there are many different types. Some are aimed at children, some are aimed at adults.

"Berserk" "Bastard!!" and "Kannazuki no Miko" for example are certainly not aimed at 5-12 year olds.

Most certainly not.

Most certainly yes. The PT lightsabre fights are complete honk with guys spinning around like morons and twirling their weapons as if they were cheerleading batons. I tried re-watching the ROTS final duel and ended up turning the TV off in disgust.

Last edited by chilled monkey on May 1st, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2014 12:45 AM
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Not always. There are many anime series that are rated "15" or "18." Anime is just like movies; there are many different types. Some are aimed at children, some are aimed at adults.

"Berserk" "Bastard!!" and "Kannazuki no Miko" for example are certainly not aimed at 5-12 year olds.

Most certainly yes. The PT lightsabre fights are complete honk with guys spinning around like morons and twirling their weapons as if they were cheerleading batons. I tried re-watching the ROTS final duel and ended up turning the TV off in disgust.
because your one of those prequal hating old timers

Old Post May 1st, 2014 01:50 AM