KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin Skywalker is an unintentionally unlikable protagonist?

Anakin Skywalker is an unintentionally unlikable protagonist?
Started by: Lawrence375

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Swing and a miss.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ouch...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 06:58 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

I always got the impression Lucas inadvertently made Obi-Wan the protagonist of the PT, instead of Anakin. At least among my circle of friends, we looked at the new trilogy as Obi-Wan's story (his rise to Jedi Knight, tutelage of Anakin, and his promotion to Jedi Master/ Council member) that just happened to shed some light on Anakin, as well.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 05:33 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lucas... That sneaky little bastard

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 03:15 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
I always got the impression Lucas inadvertently made Obi-Wan the protagonist of the PT, instead of Anakin. At least among my circle of friends, we looked at the new trilogy as Obi-Wan's story (his rise to Jedi Knight, tutelage of Anakin, and his promotion to Jedi Master/ Council member) that just happened to shed some light on Anakin, as well.

He did a bit, especially in AOTC. In TPM it seems to be Qui Gon (also not entirely). And in ROTS Anakin seems to be the protagonist, but his character development in absent or at best totally incomprehensible… So yeah, it's a bit of a mess…

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 08:12 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

I meant to write hero instead of protagonist, but either way, I saw the prequels as more of Obi-Wan's story. Not that I was complaining much. He's my favorite character. cool

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hero, protagonist… in movies like SW that's usually the same person. wink

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 06:42 PM
atv2

It sure was a rough life for Anakin. His marriage went to the Abyss. Had to leave Padme and the kids behind. Jedi council's been probing him from childhood. The prophecy was overrated for him. What was he killin himself for going to battle and war on a basis and liftin them cans everyday. He had to quit the council and get him a job. It was a mess for him, he needed some kind of job; As a cook, Dishwasher, small time mercenary. He had to get a hustle and a few broads on the side. The war garnished him crazy. He once had 20,000 and now he's lucky to live on 9. Oh and Father's Day, was big miss for him. Didn't get to see his kids and didn't even know who they were when he saw them. Then when the Force brought it to his attention, he tried to hustle them to the Emperor's Cage only to die for them in the end.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 02:35 PM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

Then he became Mr. Invisible, his claim to fame. A man without his kids and woman, he no longer had to feel the pain. Indispensible, he was more than a plain old human being, shaping today for everything for a world that was so mean. A world that didn't seem right for him so now he can remain invisible that way he no longer had to explain a thing. He didn't even have to be on the scene. It was so ridiculous, fighting through the strife, the bliss, and the hard driven snow, will now go through him to miss all the things that hurt them so. Yet they will know, Life was so precious and it didn't come for free as they claim freedom to be. To live young as a slave and be bought from man to man never free from the other, he got so deep in the plantation that he turned on his brother. All the things he went through shouldn't have been meant be, He came to himself giving his life and now he can be free. (WOW!!!!)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 03:06 PM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by atv2
Then he became Mr. Invisible, his claim to fame. A man without his kids and woman, he no longer had to feel the pain. Indispensible, he was more than a plain old human being, shaping today for everything for a world that was so mean. A world that didn't seem right for him so now he can remain invisible that way he no longer had to explain a thing. He didn't even have to be on the scene. It was so ridiculous, fighting through the strife, the bliss, and the hard driven snow, will now go through him to miss all the things that hurt them so. Yet they will know, Life was so precious and it didn't come for free as they claim freedom to be. To live young as a slave and be bought from man to man never free from the other, he got so deep in the plantation that he turned on his brother. All the things he went through shouldn't have been meant be, He came to himself giving his life and now he can be free. (WOW!!!!)

You know with this song I just did, I realize that Anakin will be a great influence post death. I'm sure as a force ghost he come giving advise from time to time as Obiwan did for Luke. Even if he's not around his fulfillment of the prophecy will live on through what left of him, his children, grandchildren and generations to come(like Cade)

In the prequel trilogy, it focused on his rise as a Jedi and his fall to the Sith. In the original trilogy, it focused on his time as a Sith and his redemption to the Jedi. In the sequel trilogy, it will show his influence as both a Jedi and Sith to live on through his children and grandchildren. He was meant to be a protagonist and Hero.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 03:24 PM