KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sequel Trilogy - why bother?

Sequel Trilogy - why bother?
Started by: chilled monkey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yeah. Don't know if you can define a true fan. All I know is I am. And I'm sure there's many others in all respects. I'm sure I'm gonna whine and b$tch about something small( or big) in ep 7 as well....

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Jul 27th, 2014 at 04:24 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:22 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, with how many of the "True Fans" became whiny bitches about the PT, I'm not really concerned at all about what the True Fans think. The True Fans are also seem like the type that don't like Michael Bay Transformers films despite how well they do.

oh wow, so you're a true true fan.

how convenient for you.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:30 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Guys, keep it civilised.

The movies are coming. I am still not sure if the three new movies will actually be sequels. We do know that Ep& is a sequel but no the rest.

Personally I think the whole concept of "dark", "gritty", "mature" or even movies that explain stuff is the point. SW is like any other adventure movie: it should be simple, it should be captivating, it should feel real and alive and it should work as a whole. Personally, again, I think the PT failed miserably on those counts. I can only hope EP7 will not. And if it's good, I could see a new SW any day.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:51 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
oh wow, so you're a true true fan.

how convenient for you.

Nope. Just a fan. I don't pretend my love of Star Wars is "better" than other people's. smile

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 03:11 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

A pet peeve of mine is when directors make movies literally dark to show how thematically dark and serious the movie is. I'd prefer they lay off the digital tinting controls. Let the screenplay and acting show how dark the themes are.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree. Story first, form follows function.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 06:09 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Ace Hambone
A pet peeve of mine is when directors make movies literally dark to show how thematically dark and serious the movie is. I'd prefer they lay off the digital tinting controls. Let the screenplay and acting show how dark the themes are.

What about the green-tint to the Matrix films? Did that also irritate you? I hear/read that it irritated many people.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 01:27 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

Matrix tinting didn't bother me as much as some - I'm not sure why.

The rave scenes, on the other hand...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Nope. Just a fan. I don't pretend my love of Star Wars is "better" than other people's. smile

don't mind me. it's just that those very words "true fan" have often been spoken by people in self-appraisal after self-appraisal with 100% sincerity.

it's a pavlov bell which sends me into a frenzy of growling and snapping.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

If your on this forum. You have interest in Star Wars. All has there opinions and most are sound. Star Wars is entertainment, and meant for you....fans are fans from different eras. There are those who will disagree with you, and those who are on the same page. The freedoms we enjoy, can be mutual or argumentative. Guess that's democracy...

Always fun to complain on a particular day, then agree on another day..

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 02:41 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by JediRobin23
If your on this forum. You have interest in Star Wars. All has there opinions and most are sound. Star Wars is entertainment, and meant for you....fans are fans from different eras. There are those who will disagree with you, and those who are on the same page. The freedoms we enjoy, can be mutual or argumentative. Guess that's democracy...

Always fun to complain on a particular day, then agree on another day..
No, shut up, I agree.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Good stuff

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 04:05 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

<------ There's only one person who's opinion is right around here. angel

I like George.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

You and chuck Norris both...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 01:37 AM
queeq
Chaos

All bow for SMX.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 11:43 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

According to my post count, I've been right exactly 7,651 times. smile

So in all seriousness though, I can't wait for Episode 7.

The only thing I'm reserved about are the spin-off movies.

To me there's a novelty behind waiting several years for a new SW film. I don't want the spin-offs to over-saturate the market or weaken my anticipation for a new movie.

I love the SW universe as part of a singular saga. Can't say I'm eagerly excited for a Boba Fett movie. I will definitely give it a try though.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How many times have you been wrong? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 04:30 PM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
lol wut?

It's quite simple. If you don't like something that happens in a series you can chose to ignore it.

For example if you don't like the ending of Digimon Series 2 you can read or write a fanfic that has it end differently and that is the canon to you personally.

The True Fans are also seem like the type that don't like Michael Bay Transformers films despite how well they do.

What, you're saying we should like a film series just because of "how well they do"?

I don't give a filoffal "how well they do." I decide for myself what I like and what I don't. If a movie bombs at the box office but I enjoyed it then guess what, I liked it. If it's a huge hit but I dislike it then you can get stuffed if you think I should like just because a ton of other people do.

I for one hope the Sequel Trilogy performs very well and they deliver a good Star Wars experience.

Maybe it will. I doubt it but maybe the Sequel Trilogy will surprise me.

They enjoy hating popular things.

Correction, we enjoy having our own free will and not mindlessly worshipping popular things just because they're popular.

All I'm saying is think for yourself. If you like something that happens to be popular that's great. But like it because that's what YOU think, not just because a bunch of people tell you to.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Aug 6th, 2014 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 05:45 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good advice.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 07:37 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by chilled monkey
It's quite simple. If you don't like something that happens in a series you can chose to ignore it.
Yeah, ignoring it is one thing. Saying it's "not canon" is another. I can ignore traffic laws, but those laws still exist regardless of how I feel about them.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote