KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who would have liked to have seen the jedi temple raid?

Who wanted to see Jedi get massacred?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes! 8 80.00%
No 2 20.00%
Maybe 0 0%
What, you actually want to see poor jedi killed? 0 0%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would have liked to have seen the jedi temple raid?
Started by: Doctorwho?

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps
nope

potential mass murderer? yes.

"closeted" suggests that he actually is a mass murderer in secret or he is fighting the constant urge to be a mass murderer.

My bad. I guess all those men, women, and children he murdered in the Sand People camp in Episode II wasn't a mass murder that was kept secret inside some sort of metaphorical dwelling enclosure that houses clothing.

For me, that's overwhelming evidence that Anakin was mass murderer in the making...something Yoda touched on in Episode 1. It's almost as if a single person wrote Episodes 1-3. smile

And the slaying of all the younglings in the temple, afterwards? That most certainly wasn't a culmination of his issues, at all. [/sarcasm]

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 02:27 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
My bad. I guess all those men, women, and children he murdered in the Sand People camp in Episode II wasn't a mass murder that was kept secret inside some sort of metaphorical dwelling enclosure that houses clothing.

do you think you're cute when you delete the very part of my quote that argues against your point? (its actually downright infantile)

nothing in the films beyond the tusken slaughter suggests either, even remotely. in fact overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

-before the tusken slaughter he had committed no murder.

-between the time of the tusken slaughter and anakin's turn to darth vader (aprox 3 years), he had committed no murder. /fact.

-the tusken slaughter was triggered by rage at the torture and death of his own mother. this was not anakin's typical impulse as you are tying to insist by calling him a 'closeted mass murderer'.

For me, that's overwhelming evidence that Anakin was mass murderer in the making...something Yoda touched on in Episode 1. It's almost as if a single person wrote Episodes 1-3. smile

agreed. a mass murderer in the making. not a closeted mass murderer.

do you really need to do 20 pages of your trademark flailing and logical gymnastics because you're too immature to admit that you misapplied the word "closeted"?

And the slaying of all the younglings in the temple, afterwards? That most certainly wasn't a culmination of his issues, at all. [/sarcasm]

yes he turned mass murderer when he became darth vader. good sleuthing.

now get madder and repeat the same fallacious assertions as if having the last word makes you right.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Sep 17th, 2013 at 03:16 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 03:02 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

do you think you're cute when you delete the very part of my quote that argues against your point? (its actually downright infantile)

Not nearly as cute as you ignoring the section of my post, in that very same post you're whining about, that directly addressed the section I did not quote.

between the time of the tusken slaughter and anakin's turn to darth vader, he had not been a mass murderer. /fact.

False. He was already a mass-murderer at that point and he kills again before the Jedi Temple Raid. Or are you forgetting he killed Dooku after he clearly defeated him?

agreed. a mass murderer in the making. not a closeted mass murderer.

Incorrect. He did not reveal that he had just mass-murdered an entire tribe of Tuskans. His secret was swept under the rug by himself and Padme. He proceeded with his Jedi career as though nothing happened.

It is quite obvious that you have no clue what "closeted mass murderer" means.

do you really need to do 20 pages of your trademark flailing and logical gymnastics because you're too immature to admit that you misapplied the word "closeted"?

These words apply to you Mr. Transformers threads.

yes he turned mass murderer when he became darth vader. good sleuthing.

About those Tuskans...

now get madder and repeat the same fallacious assertions as if having the last word makes you right.

You COULD waste more time backpeddling and being wrong. You could...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 03:15 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

im not going to allow you to bait me into yet another redundant and fruitless exchange because you need to assert your bootless assertions with fallacious drivel and semantics clowning. grow up.

These words apply to you Mr. Transformers threads.

is that the motive for your antics?
obvious cross-forum butthurt? how infantile.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Sep 17th, 2013 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 03:18 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

im not going to allow you to bait me into yet another redundant and fruitless exchange because you need to assert your bootless assertions with fallacious drivel and semantics clowning. grow up.

That's my line... You can't pretend to be a victim of your own machinations. erm

is that the motive for your antics?
obvious cross-forum butthurt? how infantile.

Yeah, because we argued soooo much in those threads right?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 03:38 PM
master jedi dav

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
I would have liked to see him duel Shaak Ti or Cin Dralig. Or perhaps both. But given ROTS had the most duels of any film already, I guess that was pushing it.

But seeing him outduel Cin Dralig or some other hyped dueling champ would have been nice for establishing Vader's power. I guess ultimately it would have been useless since the Jedi Council was reduced to Mace, Yoda, Kenobi with an occasional side of Ki-Adi Mundi.
Shaak Ti or Cin Dralig ? Shaak Ti is said to have a escaped and killed by vaders appentice star killer

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 07:28 AM
Click here to Send master jedi dav a Private Message Find more posts by master jedi dav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't care who, I'd just would have liked to see Vader becoming the baddie he was supposed to be, including the bit that he 'helped hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights'… It all happened… rather quickly.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 02:10 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth C'baoth

Cin Drallig, Whie, Scout, Barriss Offee, and maybe a few other named jedi unknowns would have been fine

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Darth C'baoth a Private Message Find more posts by Darth C'baoth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Who?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 02:36 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Only name I recognized was Cin Drallig....that was Nic Gillard, the stunt coordinator's name spelled backward who was one of the Jedi that appeared in the hologram.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The other three are a misspelling of Winnie from the Wonder Years, a Harper Lee character, and Folger's main rival.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Sounds like a lot of EU… and since we don't discuss that here...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 07:38 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The entire problem of not seeing a noble hero fall to darkness notwithstanding, if that aspect had actually been done then seeing Anakin going in and killing his own people would have been all the more tragic. Nothing gory or sadistic, maybe see in his face that he hates having to do what he feels is very necessary. It didn't need to be an actual scene all its own, nor did it need to be an intense, action-packed scene. Maybe turn down the sound and let the sombre music do the talking, have it done with back-to-back cutaways of the clones killing the Jedi out in the galaxy.

Of course the whole trilogy needs a massive overhaul, so if done right, what we think of in regards to Order 66 may be wholly changed with a better screenplay.

I forgot about this post. It is a gem. So, to sound like a broken record...

A+ suggestions.

thumb up

The killing sequence you suggested would have been a massive improvement.

no remake. just bury it like a cat buries a turd, and release the unmolested version of the OT. cancel the sequel abortion trilogy and let it rest.

They are going to release the OT unmolested. smile

But screw your idea of not releasing a ST. I want an ST.

Last edited by dadudemon on Aug 21st, 2014 at 01:16 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 01:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Look forward to the OOT. ON blu ray please.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 05:00 PM