KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?

ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Good idea!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:57 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Even more important is that TPM is now 15 years old!

I like George.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 02:12 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And still not a a classic. wink

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 06:14 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I'm afraid you are mistaken, about a great many things.... shifty

I like George.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 04:58 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But not about the PT. wink

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 07:36 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yesterday ROTS just turned 10....wow.

Just re-watched it recently. It has aged decently well. Some of the editing really drives me nuts.

Parts of the movie really feel like a collection of short scenes without a beginning or end (the overuse of transitional wipes makes some of the scenes feel like they are starting somewhere in the middle, AKA: Transition to Anakin & Padme sitting on a couch) but otherwise, it works where it needs to work, for the most part. Even with some of the shortcomings, I honestly think the this movie has the majority of "best moments" out of all 6.

I really think Ian McDairmid and Ewan McGregor's performance are among the most enjoyable of all 6 movies.

The final 40 minutes, I still love every second of it. smile

Anyone can say what they want about the PT, but ROTS easily beats ROTJ in my book, and even though ROTS has some annoying flaws, it entertains the heck out of me. If I were stuck alone on an island and could take only one SW movie, I really feel this one would have the most replay value.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on May 21st, 2015 at 01:12 AM

Old Post May 21st, 2015 01:07 AM
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe... I still prefer ESB.

Irony has it that the PT IS technologically seriously outdated. Apart from the most part of TPM, the other movies are shot in 2K digital. They'll never be in a higher resolution than 2K. While the OT has an endless resolution and will enjoy a very good 4K transfer.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 07:11 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

rub it in, why don't you.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hey, I didn't shoot it in 2K digital...

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 11:47 AM
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Even with some of the shortcomings, I honestly think the this movie has the majority of "best moments" out of all 6.

I really think Ian McDairmid and Ewan McGregor's performance are among the most enjoyable of all 6 movies.

The final 40 minutes, I still love every second of it. smile

Anyone can say what they want about the PT, but ROTS easily beats ROTJ in my book, and even though ROTS has some annoying flaws, it entertains the heck out of me. If I were stuck alone on an island and could take only one SW movie, I really feel this one would have the most replay value.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Agree with almost everything, but I do give ROTJ a lot more credit than most people give it. I actually put it almost on par with Empire. My only issue is Han Solo didn't have much to do in the film. If not for that 1 issue I'd put it on par with Empire.

ROTS is actually the mirror image film of ROTJ, and it's great to watch them both back to back.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 08:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i'll never forget opening night of ep1, when i saw/heard jar jar for the first time.

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post May 27th, 2015 06:45 AM
Darth Luminous
kusemono

That theater was strangely empty on opening night...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
That theater was strangely empty on opening night...

For Episode 1?

I went to all 3 prequels either on opening night or a week after and the theater was packed for them all.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 07:41 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think he was referring to the clip Bashar was showing. wink

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 11:09 AM