KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars Episode VII teaser trailer (November '14)

Star Wars Episode VII teaser trailer (November '14)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Star Wars Episode VII teaser trailer (November '14)

Well, the first new Star Wars trailer for a long time- definitely worth its own thread! Obviously spoilers will be here so stay away if you are waiting for a big screen view.

I used the UK youtube link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta4...eature=youtu.be

Just a couple of early thoughts:

- Very coy on plot

- Interesting to see Stormtroopers still around

- Classical vibe enhanced by X-Wings

- I do like the new lightsabre design. Technically a guard like that is a risk of slicing yourself open when made out of sabre energy, but that's no worse than a staff weapon where you can only hold the middle- it looked good.

Overall, nothing like the impact of the first trailer for TPM- where the double sabre/three way fight reveal had people going mental- but this feels (and is) earlier in development than that, and of course many thought the TPM trailer was better than the film itself in the end...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 28th, 2014 at 03:45 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

notice they are still leaving out "episode VII", yet it's a direct sequel to ep 6. I think Disney wants to disown the PT.

you might have to change the thread title.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 03:45 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

How on Earth is that disowning the PT? The only thing it would be disowning is the original trilogy.

No change needed- this is episode VII.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the presence of the same characters and storyline far outweighs a non-sequential title.

no I didn't mean now. I just suspect strongly that it will be eventually revealed and then you will have to change the title of the thread.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 03:55 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry, I still have no idea what you are getting at, really.

Nothing is going to be revealed- the opening crawl will have 'Episode VII ' on the same principle as all the others. There's no lack of clarity about what this thread is.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 28th, 2014 at 04:01 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 03:58 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Lame, you banned the EU topics.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The reason for that is pretty much in your post- it's not EU, yeah?

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:04 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

we'll see.

watched it again, and that hyper-panning/shakey cam/lensflare BS in the falcon scene makes me taste bile.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Nov 28th, 2014 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:06 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The reason for that is pretty much in your post- it's not EU, yeah?

So you move it to the Prequel Trilogy section... (please log in to view the image) Seems legit. thumb up
I put it in the EU section because most of them don't check the others.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

hey could you maybe go confront authority in another thread?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:10 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So you move it to the Prequel Trilogy section... (please log in to view the image) Seems legit. thumb up
I put it in the EU section because most of them don't check the others.

Lacking the ability to create new forum areas, this area is the de facto place to discuss the new films.

Sorry, it doesn't matter why you put it there- it's off topic and does not belong there. This is the official thread for it.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:12 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Where did Raz state this is the "de facto place to discuss the new films?"

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:12 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He didn't- the Star Wars area mods did.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:13 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I will follow the rules because Badabing decreed it, then. (please log in to view the image)
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Until next time, Ushgarak... (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:14 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry you're not happy!

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:15 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:16 PM
Nalaniel

Nice! The Stormtroopers look pretty cool. Only the lightsaber looks stupid. ^^

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Wait, wut. Just realized this picture was leaked a month before the trailer. We all thought it was fake...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:36 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

on a positive note: HNNNNGGG!!!!!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:56 PM