KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars Episode VII teaser trailer (November '14)

Star Wars Episode VII teaser trailer (November '14)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Yeah Maul's Saber Staff was very restrictive in it's use. 1 Blade will always be in the exact opposite position to the other blade.

But who cares it was cool as f***

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 01:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Maul weapon not stupid at all !!
And I have been a judge for a light saber desining competition I've even seen 4 blade light saber the the design have nothing wrong...

This is too push the light saber designing to the stupidity, light saber staff O.K no problem Kuri light saber O.K The design of the expirimentals light saber in the old republics O.K...

Here no. Not the claymore noo simply nooo... Light saber staff is difficult to handle and have this problem of being easly cuted (exept for Kun one...)
The weapon is also pretty big so I repeat myself difficult to handle !
But there is defensiv and offensiv advantages in compensation.

Here if you try to detail and exploit the weaknesses of such a weapon... Yhea quicly find.. Advantages?? No, there simply NO ADVANTAGES TO USE THIS KIND OF WEAPON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will cannot justify the use of those blades.. He needn't replace those energitical blade with phrik.. And yhea NOW IT'S WORKING !!! You cannot cut your toes, it's paring light saber, and it have the design of a claymore !!

Do you finally understand?

Holonet staff laugh when they see that weapon.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 01:21 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

http://www.starwars-holonet.com/inf...ncept-arts.html

http://www.starwars-holonet.com/inf...er-mechant.html

There it is take a translator and read that shit !!!!

De même, son sabre laser au design controversé n'apparaît pas non plus sur ce concept-art dans sa version définitive ; d'autres variations le montrerait avec un manche ressemblant Ã_ l'épée de Musclor avec des lasers latéraux venant rejoindre la lame principale, ou avec des éléments en os et en cristal. Il semble en tout cas acquis qu'elle possède une garde élaborée ; la couleur de la lame, enfin, serait rouge.
épée de musclor musclor's sword :
http://assets.bellmedia.ca.s3.amazo...r1395312683.jpg
It is a mockery about the design of the weapon.. And that was before the trailer
they hope that wasn't definitive.
THey talk about the contreversial

http://www.starwars-holonet.com/new...ept-arts-13.jpg
The place where he live.. Because Compte dooku fighter like a mousquetar wasn't enough !!!!

http://www.starwars-holonet.com/inf...abre-laser.html
Read also this !!!

Vous ne rêvez pas, il s'agit bien d'un sabre laser et non pas d'un jouet, si ce concept art s'avère exact.

A première vu, cette rumeur ressemble à une volonté du site de faire le buzz, sortant sa propre rumeur, avec un concept art différent des autres au niveau de la qualité.

Alors oui, on est bien tenté de rigoler et dans l'équipe la rédaction de cette actualité n'a pas fait l'unanimité, mais voilà qu'un autre site bien connu grâce à ses rumeurs sur Star Wars vient confirmer cette rumeur.

Vous l'avez surement deviné, il s'agit bien sur du site MakingStarWars, qui a inondé le web ces dernières semaines de description de concept art ainsi que d'image et de rumeurs diverses, qui affirme avoir été en possession de nombreuses images sur le sujet, présentant le cyborg (dont on vous parlait ici) en armure de combat.

Et ce n'est pas le seul site a affirmé la légitimité de ce concept art puisque le site Indie Revolver a lui aussi tenu à confirmer cette rumeur.

Bien sur, rien de bien officiel pour l'instant, mais une rumeur qui semble rassembler plusieurs sites. Et vous, qu'en pensez vous ? Cette rumeur vous fait elle rire comme c'est le cas pour moi en ce moment ? N'hésitez pas à commenter cette actualité ou à venir en parler sur le forum !

On a bien tenté de rigoler= We were very tenmpted to laugh.
Son sabre laser au design contreversial=His contreversial light saber design.

Last edited by Revanchiste on Nov 29th, 2014 at 01:35 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yeah Maul's Saber Staff was very restrictive in it's use. 1 Blade will always be in the exact opposite position to the other blade.

But who cares it was cool as f***

Difficult to handle, can be cutedin two... But it have ofensiv and defensiv advantages... And it became a common weapon in the universe !! In JKA without light saber skill LVL3 O.K this weapon suck, but who care in the story mode you can obtain it when you have the light saber skill lvl III !!!

This weapon wasn't a good weapon and in the old republic era, and be considered as a training weapon...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 01:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Please stop bringing in EU material here. Also please calm down the nature of your posts and making repeated posts in the same thread.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2...hen_Daymond.jpg

This are basic design and they ra fines...

Personaly I like when in SW rebels they discuss about form III etc and light saber technics this reference was so enjoyable !!!

http://stephen-daymond.deviantart.c...quest-185412399
This rapier have phrik. I trpotect from light saber blow and lightning...

Inquisitor O.K because if you are lazy in pratice.. The matter his how the blade continue to work.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2...armiranda90.jpg
Thois O.K.

4 blade light saber WITH an egonoic handling O.K.... I mean not the big one which are just like the fusion of 22 light saber tsaff.. I mean the fusion of Exar kun light saber staff, with some how can I explain it It permit to hand the weapon with one hande the blades are shorts and dam.. Cannot explain...

http://jamesvillanueva.deviantart.c...saber-164312085
I love it.

http://fayola.deviantart.com/art/Lightsaber-4-32158840
Here it's working. That's the kind of weapon which is bad ass and usefull in the same time.

http://hapajedi.deviantart.com/art/...Hilts-153672608

No purpose.

http://hapajedi.deviantart.com/art/...ber-4-173597626

There it's wonderfull..

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2...iel-d4nwrqq.jpg
And this purple blade? How that's art. Hum !

Look The 4 blade light saber is in this serie :
http://tanathiel.deviantart.com/art/Sith-Lord-127911690

http://tanathiel.deviantart.com/art...evail-273505730

Those are pure bad ass Vilan...

And just look until you find her and her 4 bladed light saber and you will know about What I'm talking about...

I post I recharch I post I recharch.. And sometime I'm rechearching more than 15 minutes and That's too late cannot aedit anymore !!!

Last edited by Revanchiste on Nov 29th, 2014 at 02:16 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 02:04 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Please stop bringing in EU material here. Also please calm down the nature of your posts and making repeated posts in the same thread.

Originally posted by Revanchiste
[Spams more posts]

(please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 03:59 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fanboys are up in arms about the Sith's cross guards.

http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2014/1...ease-hire-me-jj

Maybe this saber will be used with a different style of saber combat.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This is a real dissonance thing going on here. People accepted these things as kids, no question, and then suddenly want to apply logic now they are older, but don't apply that retrospectively to just as logically silly things from before.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I think the lightsaber in the teaser looks cool. Reminds me of conans sword. In a sword fight, you can use it to protect your fingers. Makes sense....

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 05:38 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by JediRobin23
I think the lightsaber in the teaser looks cool. Reminds me of conans sword. In a sword fight, you can use it to protect your fingers. Makes sense....

No it doesn't! In a sword fight those things would be burning he wielder's hand. As said before, from a "real-life" perspective it would be like having a sword where the quillons are double-edged knife blades.

Besides which, from a purely aesthetic stance, it looks stupid and just straight-up ugly.

And for the record I don't like sabre-staffs either.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 06:11 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

In real life, when you hold a sword, you have a firm grip. If the attackers blade slides along your blade, then the crossbars stop it.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 06:25 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

They wouldn't burn the hand as a Saber blade produces absolutely no heat until it comes in contact with matter. You could literally hold your hand a fraction of an inch away and not feel anything until you actually touch itmSo unless he just drags the webbing of his hand down to the side blades he'll be fine.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 06:28 PM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Good point. The energy of the lightsaber is there anyway without the crossbars.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 06:36 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i think its a completely fair to point out that the lightsaber crossguard (?) in question is woefully impractical.

I read an acceptable bit of fan theory that because the saber is of an ancient make, those side blades might actually be some sort of exhaust that was necessary before the weapon was modernized. I could accept that. as long as they have a purpose.

and I don't think maul's blade was as impractical as people make it out to be since it's basically a staff and wielded as such.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, ['m afraid not. Any staff or hafted weapon is wielded along its full length for maximum reach. Only being able to hold it in the middle makes it useless in practice.

Like I said, these 'impractical' criticisms are simply selective. None of this needs justifying- none of it ever made senss to start with.

It's fine if you don't like it of course. But it is not even vaguely 'fair' to try and justify your dislike with spurious reasoning.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 29th, 2014 at 06:53 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 06:51 PM
Zenwolf

Guys, guys, you're trying to apply real logic to a universe, where there are beings who can pull of things real humans can, can push their physicals well above normal, can react to fast moving objects faster than a human eye could see, etc, etc.

So of course this saber wouldn't make sense for real life.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Ushgarak
No, that's wrong. Any staff or hafted weapon is wielded along its full length for maximum reach.

with certain attacks, yes. he does twirl and dodge with it like a staff, though. would it have been more practical to make the hilt longer and the blades shorter? of course. he would then have been able to perform an attack like you're describing. regardless, it has at least some bearing in practicality.

a crossguard (assuming it is) that's exposed at the exact point where it's required to be effective is just silly.

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Nov 29th, 2014 at 07:07 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There is no practical form of staff fighting that involves you only being able to hold the middle. The appeal to realism is fruitless- it;s never been the justification. Like I say, the entire style of all the fights is totally divorced from realism. It's never good grounds. This is star Wars for heaven's sake, with star fighters fighting in WW2 style.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:18 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Hmm. The way I see it, a Jedi or sith knows how to use his/her weapon

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:24 PM