KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » George Lucas and Episode 7

George Lucas and Episode 7
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

George Lucas and Episode 7

Well for those of you who haven't heard. Lucas has never seen the teaser trailer yet (so he says) and doesnt want to take 88 seconds out of his busy life to see it.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/showb....html?hpt=en_c1

I kinda feel bad for lucas that the Internet is making episode 7 out to be better than the prequals. I can see why he might be a little bitter if he's seen all the bad mouthing, especially with the ep7 special edition teaser trailer. Sounds like he has little involvement in ep 7 regardless. Perhaps he knows too much already to watch it anyway, but who knows.....

Old Post Dec 10th, 2014 02:24 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Wow, that's a bit harsh. I think.maybe it's just dumb rumors.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2014 06:39 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Because he said he'd prefer to just watch the finished film in Theatres. He knows the Story and Plot anyway.

He did the best thing selling the franchise off after the way fans constantly bad mouthed him over the last 15 years. Now whether Ep. 7 Sucks or if it's Awesome, at least he knows everyone will be off his back.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2014 11:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

iirc he said he wants to see the trailer and/or film on the big screen as opposed to a monitor/tv, which is it be expected from most artsy film director types who place heavy stock in their chosen medium.

also, inb4 "look what you all did to poor george lucas shame on you!" nonsense.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 10th, 2014 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2014 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I'm glad Lucas hasn't watched a second of the trailer. If Jar Jar's not in the movie I won't even see it.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2014 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 07:20 PM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

Good, he should not be involved in any way. I am fine with him not watching the movie.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:52 AM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Did you guys hear about Lucas selling Star Wars to Disney?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 07:13 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Well. Calling him a creative consultant sounds like it was bullsh$t

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 08:13 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

A little bitter? Only just?

Any fans of anything, that sends creators of the things they like, bad mouthing constantly, death threats(yes these have happened to some creators as I recall) and so on.

1. They aren't really fans.

2. You don't like some stuff that has happened? Ok fine...you don't like it, that's no excuse to pretty much tear down the creator, the guy/girl who created something that you love in the first place.

See point one, a fan while they may disagree with some choices have been made, should still respect the person what they gave them and what they are so passionate about, because without that person.....the fan wouldn't be there.

3. Insulting/Bad Mouthing and Death threats. ....I shouldn't even have to explain this...it's just....no. You don't just insult a person for what they changed/added to what they created, you don't have to like it...but you shouldn't call them a moron, that's just disrespectful.

You also certainly don't send out death threats, or tell them to kill themselves, over some fictional characters or settings. That entirely, is completely stupid.

Sorry for the rant I'm just...I keep seeing these comments about various people who created wonderful settings/characters and the comments just....get to me.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

I am perfectly happy with not considered a fan, it does not change a thing about my enjoyement of the franchise and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 07:05 AM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
A little bitter? Only just?

Any fans of anything, that sends creators of the things they like, bad mouthing constantly, death threats(yes these have happened to some creators as I recall) and so on.

1. They aren't really fans.

2. You don't like some stuff that has happened? Ok fine...you don't like it, that's no excuse to pretty much tear down the creator, the guy/girl who created something that you love in the first place.

See point one, a fan while they may disagree with some choices have been made, should still respect the person what they gave them and what they are so passionate about, because without that person.....the fan wouldn't be there.

3. Insulting/Bad Mouthing and Death threats. ....I shouldn't even have to explain this...it's just....no. You don't just insult a person for what they changed/added to what they created, you don't have to like it...but you shouldn't call them a moron, that's just disrespectful.

You also certainly don't send out death threats, or tell them to kill themselves, over some fictional characters or settings. That entirely, is completely stupid.

Sorry for the rant I'm just...I keep seeing these comments about various people who created wonderful settings/characters and the comments just....get to me.

everyone has the right to express negative opinions on films without having to deal with you assigning labels and accusations of being a part of some malignant anti-lucas terrorist group in your imagination.

and wtf are you on about death threats? this brings strawman bashing to a whole new dimension. get over yourself

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 14th, 2014 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
everyone has the right to express negative opinions on films without having to deal with you assigning labels and accusations of being a part of some malignant anti-lucas terrorist group in your imagination.

and wtf are you on about death threats? this brings strawman bashing to a whole new dimension. get over yourself

I see that you didn't really read my post, my post was a generalizing one encompassing all creators of different works, not just one person.

Also I realize that, hence I said you don't need to like what the creator has done, but constantly bash them for it?

I'm on about death threats, because I have seen some posts/comments relating to different creators about them.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

Also I realize that, hence I said you don't need to like what the creator has done, but constantly bash them for it?

If you don't like it and it comes up what else could happen?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 07:02 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Don't worry about it Zenwolf. When I was defending Lucas and the PT a few years back I was flat out called a troll because I suggested some people take these movies a bit too seriously.

Look at it this way, people can complain about Lucas as much as they want...the guy is still a billion dollars richer then all of his higher than thou "critics" because he did something with his life instead of being a disgruntled keyboard commando.

Oh, by the way, an article came out today which apparently surprised a lot of people. The article is that the ball droid from the trailer is actually real and not CGI.

Not exactly a compelling case for the "we've gone all practical" if people thought something practical was CGI. lmao!!

I bet Lucas is laughing that one all the way to the bank.

Cheers!

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Dec 15th, 2014 at 07:19 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I see that you didn't really read my post, my post was a generalizing one encompassing all creators of different works, not just one person.

I'm on about death threats, because I have seen some posts/comments relating to different creators about them.

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Don't worry about it Zenwolf. When I was defending Lucas and the PT a few years back I was flat out called a troll because I suggested some people take these movies a bit too seriously.

Look at it this way, people can complain about Lucas as much as they want...the guy is still a billion dollars richer then all of his higher than thou "critics" because he did something with his life instead of being a disgruntled keyboard commando.

Oh, by the way, an article came out today which apparently surprised a lot of people. The article is that the ball droid from the trailer is actually real and not CGI.

Not exactly a compelling case for the "we've gone all practical" if people thought something practical was CGI. lmao!!

I bet Lucas is laughing that one all the way to the bank.

Cheers!

thumb up

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 12:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

and there's the reality-free circlejerk dogpile exactly as predicted.

tell me more about all the horrible things me and my evil brethren personally did to george lucas. dont leave out all those apparent death threats that you totally didnt just make up. then hug eachother tight and cry harder.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 15th, 2014 at 02:33 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:26 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I don't know about your guys but I'm really excited for this movie Happy Dance

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/0...nt-of-view.html

Well, it's pretty much confirmed lucas had nothing to do with ep7. Disney didn't take lucas's story treatments. That sucks......

I hope they totally make up a bunch a crap with spinoffs and destroy it to a point it becomes retarded (being sarcastic)

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 06:00 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 05:58 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

never was it said that george lucas's rough draft of ep 7 was to be followed to the letter. don't let that cool your hate tho. let it flow through you.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 03:13 AM