KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anybody else here more excited for the spinoffs than the new trilogy?

More excited for the spinofs or ep 7-8-9?
This poll is closed.
More excited for the spinoffs 2 66.67%
The new trilogy all the way 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anybody else here more excited for the spinoffs than the new trilogy?
Started by: Shey Tapani

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Abu-Bactr

Anybody else here more excited for the spinoffs than the new trilogy?

I know i am. they will probably play those much safer than the spinoffs.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 10:14 AM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No, not really no.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 10:52 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Depends on who the spinoff movie is about and who is in it.

If they make an Obi-Wan movie in between the events of Episode 3 and 4, and they get Ewan McGregor for it, I would be extremely excited for that.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hmmm... now, that could actually be nice.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 08:31 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

Unless it was just him hanging out in the desert!

A Boba or Jango Fett movie might be nice. I would also like an Ahsoka Tano movie - provided they could get excellent makeup effects that would stand up to two hours at the center of attention.

Speaking of which, have there been any movies where the protagonist was an alien with obvious non-human features? I can't think of one offhand.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2014 08:31 AM
Ace Hambone

Oh, yes! How could I forget that one?

But the central character was still the regular human guy. I suspect it makes a difference whether it's featured supporting characters versus the lead character.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2014 11:07 AM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

You could get away with an alien if it's a Jidge Dredd-like story where the personality does not matter that much opposed to badassery.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2014 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Depends on who the spinoff movie is about and who is in it.

If they make an Obi-Wan movie in between the events of Episode 3 and 4, and they get Ewan McGregor for it, I would be extremely excited for that.

That would be nice. Because whatever people's views on the Prequels, Ewan's portrayal of Obi-Wan was clearly liked in them.

And the Villain could be Darth Maul, seen as he is still alive somewhere in Disney's new SW Official Canon now, and we know Obi-Wan can't face Vader again. Plus Maul was another fondly remembered character in the prequels Imho, (but more in a he's a cool looking villain way).

Only problem might be since Ewan was already pretty much the main Jedi in the Prequels, it might be seen as too much of a sequel to the prequels, which I think Disney want to try and move away from.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2014 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

PLus OB1 and Maul... that would be endlessly repeating the same conflict...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2014 06:53 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah. I don't care that Maul was brought back in the Clone Wars series, in my own SW universe, it's the movies I go by, and as far as I'm concerned, Maul is dead.

An Obi-Wan movie might feel like a sequel to the PT, but there's still plenty of people who would see it, I guarantee that.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2014 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup, if done right. The character is interesting enough.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2014 02:12 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Yeah. I don't care that Maul was brought back in the Clone Wars series, in my own SW universe, it's the movies I go by, and as far as I'm concerned, Maul is dead.

Well Disney's Lucasfilm have made it quite clear that TCW and Rebels are part of the new movie Universe.

But yeah the biggest problem with that would be that people who don't watch the animation and never heard of Maul returning will somehow need to be updated. Although that is something Marvel tends to deal with all the time with their Shared Universe.

Originally posted by queeq
PLus OB1 and Maul... that would be endlessly repeating the same conflict...

Just don't see who else could be an interesting and powerful enough villain for him. They certainly can't have Vader or introduce another Sith. Even introducing new Darksiders could be problematic. Ventress would be nice though. She's also still around in the new Canon.

Unless he'd just going up against Tusken Raiders, Pirates or Bounty Hunters.

Dunno maybe it's just me, but looking at Maul and Kenobi's popularity, I can see a lot of people wanting to watch that.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 02:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul's an obvious villain choice for a Kenobi spin-off. I think it'd be really cool to see the final showdown between them. Could be some sort of adaptation of that Old Wounds comic.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Dionysus a Private Message Find more posts by Dionysus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

It would depend on who/what the spinoffs are about.

For example, a Scout spinoff would definitely be more exciting for me than the new trilogy.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 06:43 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

I doubt they will be using EU characters.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:09 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah, I'm also pretty excited for the next season of Game of Thrones to start.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I hope we get something great again like season three. That series often has quite boring stuff.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 10:00 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That's how they do it; lots of character and plot development that trudges along and then BAM! a wedding.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2014 06:14 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Jar jar spin off guest directing by lucas is the only one worthy of looking forward too....

Old Post Dec 17th, 2014 07:04 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote