KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Is the Clone Wars series from 2003 canon to the star wars universe?

Is the Clone Wars series from 2003 canon to the star wars universe?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Is the Clone Wars series from 2003 canon to the star wars universe?

I know that the Computer Generated Clone Wars series from 2008 is classed as canon.

But there was also a less well known hand-drawn Clone Wars series from 2003, which seems to have been forgotten about.

George Lucas never speaks of it or brings it up. It's as if the 2008 series is the only Clone Wars series that counts. The 2003 series does feel like it lines up very well from episodes 2 -3 & feels like it joins the dots between those 2 episodes.

But the 2008 series doesn't appear to take place in the same Universe as the 2003 series.

So what I wonder is, is the 2003 series still canon, or are they basically forgetting that even existed & saying the "2008 series is the only one that counts as canon"?

Because the 2003 series was made between episodes 2 & 3, it actually feels more canon, because there is some awkward continuity between the 2008 series & the star wars films. But you don't have that with the 2003 series Everything feels like it lines up really well, but is it not canon?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 01:05 AM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Only the 2008 series is Canon under Disney.

Not sure if the 2003 series counts under Legends though.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 11:02 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Only the 2008 series is Canon under Disney.

Not sure if the 2003 series counts under Legends though.

What do you mean by "Legends" exactly?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 02:52 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
What do you mean by "Legends" exactly?

Legends is the banner given to all the Old Eu (except for The Clone Wars animated series). Legends is not considered part of "Official" Canon. I.e. The new movies and other material will not necessarily acknowledge them and probably outright contradict them.

Official canon that Will be Acknowledged and Not contradicted (at least not intentionally) is the existing 6 movies, TCW and Rebels animation and anything New they make in any form- Movies, Animation, Novels, Comics, Games that Don't have the name "Legends" on them.

Here's a couple of links for you to understand better:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/04/di...universe-novels

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Legends is the banner given to all the Old Eu (except for The Clone Wars animated series). Legends is not considered part of "Official" Canon. I.e. The new movies and other material will not necessarily acknowledge them and probably outright contradict them.

Official canon that Will be Acknowledged and Not contradicted (at least not intentionally) is the existing 6 movies, TCW and Rebels animation and anything New they make in any form- Movies, Animation, Novels, Comics, Games that Don't have the name "Legends" on them.

Here's a couple of links for you to understand better:

I see! Thanks for explaining it!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 12:27 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Personally, I'm against having new canon comics/novels/games. I'll probably get a lot of flak for saying, but the problem with the EU was that way too many hands were stirring the pot, giving us a lot of bad or inconsistent storytelling. No reason for films to be constrained by that.

The New Canon has the opportunity to avoid this, but I fear allowing new canon comics and canon novels is simply going to get us right back to where we started and we'll be needing a new new canon sometime afterward.

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Feb 17th, 2015 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote