KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » George Lucas and Episode 7

George Lucas and Episode 7
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

If it's not what lucas would have done then it's not Star Wars anymore. It's now Disney wars.....

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 05:56 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

What else is there really? EU

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 07:24 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

your kingdom awaits. i'll miss you.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...y.php?forumid=6

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Oh FFS, I can't believe that almost 10 years later people insist upon piling on people who love the PT over the OT. I personally loathe Jar Jar Binks but I don't begrudge SMX or anyone else their love of the saga whether it be the OT, the PT or all six movies.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 07:34 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
your kingdom awaits. i'll miss you.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...y.php?forumid=6

Come join the kingdom

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t607837.html

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 08:41 AM
queeq
Chaos

We're just a little worried, JP. That is all.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 11:33 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ~JP~
Oh FFS, I can't believe that almost 10 years later people insist upon piling on people who love the PT over the OT. I personally loathe Jar Jar Binks but I don't begrudge SMX or anyone else their love of the saga whether it be the OT, the PT or all six movies.

Yes, I never got that. Among my age peers who also like Star Wars, I'm in a majority with my opinion. But on the internet with all of the neckbeards, I'm apparently a troll and just pretending to like the PT, more.

I'd like to clarify that Queeq and Lord Lucien have been the only two to discuss the topic at great lengths with me with out using that ad hominem to dismiss my opinion. It's not all bad and not every forum-dweller is like that.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 07:32 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

So excited I'm going to see Strange Magic later today!

Lucas said it's like Star Wars for girls, but mesa don't care. mesa going anyway!

smile

I like George.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by queeq
We're just a little worried, JP. That is all.

You and I have discussed this many times, and we agree that they should have just left the damn saga alone already. I just get tired of the endless arguing about the PT vs the OT. Damn, the horse is dead, move on.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:03 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I actually really liked George Lucas's vision of the pt and ot. The story of the pt was more important to me than jar jar. Now, without any lucas story input, it's just not the same....

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:39 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by JediRobin23
I actually really liked George Lucas's vision of the pt and ot. The story of the pt was more important to me than jar jar. Now, without any lucas story input, it's just not the same....

but again your assertion that george lucas has zero input is unsubstantiated. he was given the role of consultant and nothing more. this was announced very publically and by george lucas with disney.

sorry you were duped into believing that disney was going to allow george lucas to control the writing process, or be any part of it. but nothing of the sort was ever suggested by disney or lucas.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jan 26th, 2015 at 03:09 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 03:02 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I knew there was no lucas control of the story. My point is that the story treatments sounded like there were thrown in the garbage, and lucas saying it wasn't what he envisioned makes lucas totally separated from this film. Lucas was distanced from this film fully is what it is.

Maybe he knows it sucks already......

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 05:19 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you are basing this all off of the words:

"The ones [drafts] that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn’t really want to do those. So they made up their own. So it’s not the ones that I originally wrote"

all thats clear from this statement is that they went with a different draft than what he had written. he didnt even suggest anything negative about it.

in the end we agree that its probably going to suck but i just find your feeling of absolute certainty on the matter to be groundless.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 06:18 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
you are basing this all off of the words:

"The ones [drafts] that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn’t really want to do those. So they made up their own. So it’s not the ones that I originally wrote"

all thats clear from this statement is that they went with a different draft than what he had written. he didnt even suggest anything negative about it.

Yes, they went with another story that wasn't lucass. What's not clear in this statement? Sounds pretty straight forward.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 06:27 AM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by ~JP~
You and I have discussed this many times, and we agree that they should have just left the damn saga alone already. I just get tired of the endless arguing about the PT vs the OT. Damn, the horse is dead, move on.

Well, if Abrams produces a great SW movies, the horse is very much alive if you ask me. But we have to see it first. The anticipation is different from the time when TPM came out.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:43 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Yes, they went with another story that wasn't lucass. What's not clear in this statement? Sounds pretty straight forward.

but you are WRONG. he didnt say they went with an entirely different story. he said they didnt use his draft. never was it said they would use his draft.

there is a difference between having no input in the film (which you keep asserting, 100% incorrectly) and having no input in the screenwriting process.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jan 26th, 2015 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 04:04 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

even if he did have input it most likely would have been minor anyway.

E.g.
Hey George, what are your thoughts of putting in a droid on a soccer ball? "Oh, I thinks a great idea, but I suggest making his head look similar to r2d2s". Sounds good George....

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 07:54 PM
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 08:50 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

even if he did have input it most likely would have been minor anyway.

E.g.
Hey George, what are your thoughts of putting in a droid on a soccer ball? "Oh, I thinks a great idea, but I suggest making his head look similar to r2d2s". Sounds good George....

oversimplified and silly, but more accurate than any previous appraisal in this thread.

thats pretty much his job as it was explained when this all started, presumably far more involved and for the sake of picking his brain for ideas.

but this "george got cheated out of writing the script" buzz is pure nonsense. none of that was in the contract nor was it even hinted at.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jan 26th, 2015 at 09:55 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 09:45 PM