KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » George Lucas and Episode 7

George Lucas and Episode 7
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
oversimplified and silly, but more accurate than any previous appraisal in this thread.

thats pretty much his job as it was explained when this all started, presumably far more involved and for the sake of picking his brain for ideas.

but this "george got cheated out of writing the script" buzz is pure nonsense. none of that was in the contract nor was it even hinted at.

No, but there was at least some remaining hope.....

See what the movie brings....

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 03:23 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hope for what?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 09:32 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by queeq
Well, if Abrams produces a great SW movies, the horse is very much alive if you ask me. But we have to see it first. The anticipation is different from the time when TPM came out.

And because I was very happy with how he did the Star Trek reboot, that is the one hope that I have that possibly this one will work.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 10:32 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Me too. Although I dread the ST:ID-nostalgia-fest-approach...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 06:56 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I dread the ST:ID
Sounds like the nerdiest venereal disease ever.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, when you see the movie, you're not far off. wink

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 09:10 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

when they were mirror-dialoguing wrath of khan, the reboot never felt more divorced from the franchise. hows that for irony?

on a positive note, since star wars is more action-based, i think it's more of a fit for jj. as long as he doesnt take a hip edgy millennial approach to said action scenes and respect the general flavor of the OT.

that doesnt mean he should have to be restrained by 35 year old cinematography, i just don't want to see shakey cam during dialogue scenes, gross overuse of lensflare, and ESPECIALLY his weird obsession with voyeuristic undressing scenes to delight of horney 14 year olds.

if i get one whiff of jj-edge i'm walking out of the theater, swear on me mum.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jan 29th, 2015 at 01:08 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

And that would be a major problem. I quite enjoyed the light flares etc in the ST reboot and the Kahn mirroring worked for me. I cried when Spock died and I cried when Kirk died, (the scene of the Enterprise rising from the rings of Saturn is still one of my favorite movie scenes ever) they have no place in a Star Wars movie. Two completely different animals there if you get my drift. But I love them equally.

Last edited by ~JP~ on Jan 29th, 2015 at 04:45 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 04:41 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Re: George Lucas and Episode 7

Originally posted by JediRobin23

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/showb....html?hpt=en_c1

I kinda feel bad for Lucas that the Internet is making episode 7 out to be better than the prequels.

I don't get the people who are already making it out to better than the Prequels! Seriously... All we've got is a teaser-trailer! How can they possibly tell how good it's going to be from that? For all they know, it could suck hard! So many people already seem to be behaving like Star Wars is "good again" (though I personally liked the Prequels) after just viewing one trailer!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 08:31 AM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by ~JP~
And that would be a major problem. I quite enjoyed the light flares etc in the ST reboot and the Kahn mirroring worked for me. I cried when Spock died and I cried when Kirk died, (the scene of the Enterprise rising from the rings of Saturn is still one of my favorite movie scenes ever) they have no place in a Star Wars movie. Two completely different animals there if you get my drift. But I love them equally.

That movie lacked ANY originality. But after rewatching it, I was surprised how entertaining it was. Sucky story, uncreative, unlogical, a complete story copy from JJ's first ST movie. But… entertaining.

That might probably be one sure redeeming factor for SW7, that it's more entertaining than the PT movies.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 11:28 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

And there you have it. My love of film is quite simple. If it entertains me, I am good to go. Honestly Star Wars is the only franchise where I tend to be more of a purist about the way it's shot, the tone etc. Not sure why, but it is what it is.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 09:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

Because it's in your heart... ;-)

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 08:30 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Re: Re: George Lucas and Episode 7

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I don't get the people who are already making it out to better than the Prequels! Seriously... All we've got is a teaser-trailer! How can they possibly tell how good it's going to be from that? For all they know, it could suck hard! So many people already seem to be behaving like Star Wars is "good again" (though I personally liked the Prequels) after just viewing one trailer!

It's makes out to be a good marketing sceme for the new Star Wars. To distract people from a lucas movie to something without lucas to help justify there movie. People are already on par for a non lucas film it seems

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Jan 31st, 2015 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 05:08 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Here's a clip though showing part of a lucas interview

http://youtu.be/F7CB7sepSsw

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 05:34 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ah... a snippet is more like it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 08:09 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Because it's in your heart... ;-)

Indeed

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 06:31 PM
queeq
Chaos

Woot

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 07:26 PM