KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » I wonder if a future Star Wars film will explain how Leia remembers Padme

I wonder if a future Star Wars film will explain how Leia remembers Padme
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

I wonder if a future Star Wars film will explain how Leia remembers Padme

In ROTJ, Leia says she remembers her real mother. However, in Episode III, her real mother died giving birth to her & Luke. Myself as well as many other Star Wars fans then asked the question, "So how does Leia remember her mother if she died in childbirth?"

Well, what I'd like to see is an explanation in a future Star Wars film. Wouldn't it be good if we find out in some future film how Leia remembered her mother. Maybe she was particularly gifted in the force which gave her an exceptional ability to remember. Who knows?

Does anyone else think this would be a neat idea? It would finally fix this plot hole, as long as the explanation works & isn't just a lame & forced one.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 09:34 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

The genre alone prevents this from being something to lose sleep over.

It's a sci-fi. wink If characters can use something called "the force" then perhaps, as you mentioned, they can be gifted in ways that we aren't here in real life.

Most of it can be explained by the fact that Lucas was just making stuff up as he went along.

I guarantee you during the making of ANH, the idea of Vader being Luke's father wasn't even conceived. Why? Because Lucas never intended Star Wars to be anything more than one movie, no matter how many times he says "it was planned to be 12 movies from the beginning." Um no. That's not true. He maybe plotted out 12 outlines on paper, but he never imagined they would be made. In fact, he predicted ANH would be a total bomb.

Nor was Leia being Luke's sister ever conceived until the making of ROTJ.
Just stuff being made up as it went along. smile

I like George.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 01:55 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No, Lucas did intend for it to be multiple films. Although, admittedly, Vader wasn't meant to be Anakin initially.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 01:57 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Lucas envisioned it. He never thought in a million years it would happen.

I like George.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Of all the f*ck-ups in the PT, I care about that one the least.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe...

The explanation is simple: the backstory used to be quite different from what Lucas made it to be in the PT.

For one: Luke and Leia weren't supposed to be siblings until some time after ROTJ. Lucas was done with SW and wanted to wrap it up. Luke's search for 'another' hope (his sister) was going to be part of the follow up trilogy. Together brother and sister would fight Palpatine (after Vader's death in ROTJ).

But then in ROTJ it is suggested that stayed with her mother in hiding on Alderaan until she died while Luke was hidden away on Tatooine (in hindsight the home planet of his evil dad - CLEVER!! Not.)

In ROTS suddenly Luke and Leia are born and Padme dies immediately. So even that line by Leia in ROTJ is complete nonsense. Thanks to the ever changing mind of Lucas, creating silly inconsistencies in his own geofictional universe.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 07:21 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Hehehe...

The explanation is simple: the backstory used to be quite different from what Lucas made it to be in the PT.

For one: Luke and Leia weren't supposed to be siblings until some time after ROTJ. Lucas was done with SW and wanted to wrap it up. Luke's search for 'another' hope (his sister) was going to be part of the follow up trilogy. Together brother and sister would fight Palpatine (after Vader's death in ROTJ).

But then in ROTJ it is suggested that stayed with her mother in hiding on Alderaan until she died while Luke was hidden away on Tatooine (in hindsight the home planet of his evil dad - CLEVER!! Not.)

In ROTS suddenly Luke and Leia are born and Padme dies immediately. So even that line by Leia in ROTJ is complete nonsense. Thanks to the ever changing mind of Lucas, creating silly inconsistencies in his own geofictional universe.

I agree, but surely it would b better if there were an explanation in the story as to why Leia remembered Padme. Don't you think it's better if these plot holes get fixed so that there is an explanation as to why she remembers her mother.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 09:23 AM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Sith Master X
The genre alone prevents this from being something to lose sleep over.

It's a sci-fi. wink If characters can use something called "the force" then perhaps, as you mentioned, they can be gifted in ways that we aren't here in real life.

Maybe. Many people have thought it possible, but at the end of the day these are just theory's. There is no proper explanation in the story as to why Leia remembers Padme. I think it would be good if they did provide an explanation.

Originally posted by Sith Master X

Most of it can be explained by the fact that Lucas was just making stuff up as he went along.

He did that with the Clone Wars too. He had already established in Episode 1 that there are only ever two sith at a time, but yet in the Clone Wars he brought a third Sith (Asaj Ventress) into the mix.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 09:29 AM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I agree, but surely it would b better if there were an explanation in the story as to why Leia remembered Padme. Don't you think it's better if these plot holes get fixed so that there is an explanation as to why she remembers her mother.

Exposition does not make things better, in this case only convoluted.

We just have to live with the fact that the PT turned SW into very sloppy geofiction.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 08:19 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

The force awakens. Since the force is awake now it will explain it all... Including how leia remembers her mom in her womb.... Maybe....

Actually, interesting point after Rotj and almost forgot. If Luke failed to bring down the emperor in Rotj, then leia was the last hope. so, since this didn't happen leia may not be a full Jedi, but maybe she is.....

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 03:20 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

She may be by now. If she decided to train as a Jedi, that is. That's one of the questions TFA may answer.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 09:35 AM
C-3POTheClever

At first I thought a new Star Wars film was pointless, but maybe it'll answer some questions & provide a better conclusion to the saga.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:57 PM
queeq
Chaos

At least the characters are probably more interesting.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 11:16 AM