KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Wyyrlok and Ulic vs. Zannah and HoT

Wyyrlok and Ulic vs. Zannah and HoT
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Wyyrlok and Ulic vs. Zannah and HoT

Neutral setting.

No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Team 2.

Zannah > Wyyrlok
HoT > Wyyrlok
Zannah > Ulic
HoT > Ulic

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:39 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Wyyrlok is a weak link

Ulic can stomp Zannah, and kill the Hero in a good fight but he's out with Wyyrlok as a teammate

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:41 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ulic has a lot of trauma and guilt. He was easily turned to the darkside due to his mental weakness. She can mindhax him.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was turned to the dark side because he had Sith poison pumped into him after enduring hours of torture, along with his master dying and what not. He resisted mental probing from Aleema and Satal so I doubt his mental fortitude could be considered weak.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:55 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Weak in comparison to Bane and Zannah levels of mental fortitude.

Bane considers hours of torture a refreshing massage.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:57 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

You don't need Zannah or Bane mental levels of fortitude to resist TP attacks?

Zannah is a lesser duelist than Ulic, she'd lost by virtue of that while he could resist her spells as per the feats ILS listed.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:58 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Resisting Aleema and Satal doesn't mean you can resist Zannah. Those two pale in comparison to Kaan, let alone Zannah. laughing

Ulic would never get to engage Zannah in a duel.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:03 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

She has to gather her energies in order to unleash an attack

quote:
The warrior assailing her had elevated the act of combat to its purest and
highest form. He moved with the fluid grace of a dancer, his monstrous
blade singing the deadly song of battle. He executed his moves with a
perfect elegance born of obsession. Zannah knew it left him vulnerable to
other forms of attack, but he pressed her so relentlessly that she never had
a chance to effectively gather her power

Ulic would never give her the chance to use them thumb up, and Ulic has mental resistance feats so there is no reason her spells would give her any victory as opposed to relying on her dueling skill

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:07 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, she doesn't. You keep repeating this myth over and over and it's always been refuted. Yeah, Zannah can't attack while engaged in a duel just like pretty much every force user can't use it while getting their defenses hammered at. Yet she only needed Sarro to quickly glance away to use it on him. And in DoE she states she can use it nigh-instantly:

"She could, and had, rip the minds of her enemies apart with a simple thought and a gesture."

And proves it by using it on Harth as he charged her from at most a few meters away. Just like lightning or TK she can gather and unleash her mental attack with a simple inclination and gesture.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:13 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, she doesn't. You keep repeating this myth over and over and it's always been refuted. Yeah, Zannah can't attack while engaged in a duel just like pretty much every force user can't use it while getting their defenses hammered at. Yet she only needed Sarro to quickly glance away to use it on him. And in DoE she states she can use it nigh-instantly:

"She could, and had, rip the minds of her enemies apart with a simple thought and a gesture."

And proves it by using it on Harth as he charged her from at most a few meters away.

Yeah, Zannah's powers increased tremendously from ROT to DOE

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Nephthys

And proves it by using it on Harth as he charged her from at most a few meters away. Just like lightning or TK she can gather and unleash her mental attack with a simple inclination and gesture.

Except the part where the text says she had to gather her power thumb up. Nice picking and choosing your quotes though. Ulic is a relentless fighter and more fast and skilled than Sarro, there is no reason he'd give her any chance to use them. There is also nothing preventing her from getting sent flying by Ulic's telekinesis either.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:17 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Also:

"Zannah shook her elbow free of Cyndra's grasp and raised her shackled hands before her face. Weaving her ringers in a complex pattern in the air, she reached out with the Force and plunged deep inside the Chiss woman's mind to find her secret, most primal fears. Buried in her subconscious were nameless horrors: abominations and creatures of nightmare never meant to see the light of day. Drawing on the power of Sith sorcery, Zannah plucked them out and brought them to life one by one.

The entire process took less than a second. In that time Cyndra had drawn her weapon, but instead of pointing it at Zannah she suddenly screamed and aimed it high in the air above her, firing wildly at demons conjured from her own mind that only she could see."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:17 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Which has nothing to do with a powerful force sensitive like Ulic who resisted hours of torture/mental probing by Aleema Keto?

Bad example much, Cyndra isn't even force sensitive and has no mental resistance feats and neither does Harth.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:19 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Obviously if anyone with mental resistance feats could just shrug off Zannah's illusions, neither Zannah nor Bane would've considered them a threat to him.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I never said they weren't a threat, only that its pretty obvious that she has to gather her power to use them and that in text she's had problems utilizing them against relentless duelists that've pressured them whether its Bane or Sarro. They can also be resisted, which people tend to forget due to the Zannah wanking.

Ulic's case would be no different than theres, only he is better than either of them and would kill her where Bane failed to do so

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:23 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by carthage
Except the part where the text says she had to gather her power thumb up. Nice picking and choosing your quotes though. Ulic is a relentless fighter and more fast and skilled than Sarro, there is no reason he'd give her any chance to use them. There is also nothing preventing her from getting sent flying by Ulic's telekinesis either.

That's good carthage. Like most trolls you've mastered the art of repeating your failed point over and over again in the hope that someone will be thick enough to believe it. It says she needs to gather it but it doesn't state how long that takes. As I've shown, its near instant and perfectly fast enough to do before a charging opponent gets to her. Its no different from gathering your power to shoot lightning or any other fast force attack.

Ulics not fast enough to blitz Zannah before she can raise her freaking hand. And what's his TK feats?

Which has nothing to do with a powerful force sensitive like Ulic who resisted hours of torture/mental probing by Aleema Keto?

Bad example much, Cyndra isn't even force sensitive and has no mental resistance feats and neither does Harth.

I posted it as proof of how fast it takes her. The whole process of shaking free from Cyndra and using the spell took less than a second. And this is just RoT Zannah. As seen in DoE she can do it with a mere thought and gesture.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:25 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
That's good carthage. Like most trolls you've mastered the art of repeating your failed point over and over again in the hope that someone will be thick enough to believe it. It says she needs to gather it but it doesn't state how long that takes. As I've shown, its near instant and perfectly fast enough to do before a charging opponent gets to her. Its no different from gathering your power to shoot lightning or any other fast force attack.

The only failed point is you constantly reiterating that she can use them when the text says she has to gather her power.Also keep denying that offensive fighters can keep her at bay and prevent her from using them thumb up. Bane prevented her from using them and so did Sarro by constantly assaulting her defense. There is no reason to believe Ulic would give her any opportunity too before he drives his blade into her.

quote:
Ulics not fast enough to blitz Zannah before she can raise her freaking hand.

He's blasted back Cay/Tott Doneeta at once.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:31 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The only failed point is you constantly reiterating that she can use them when the text says she has to gather her power. Also keep denying that offensive fighters can keep her at bay and prevent her from using them thumb up. Bane prevented her from using them and so did Sarro by constantly assaulting her defense. There is no reason to believe Ulic would give her any opportunity too before he drives his blade into her.

He's blasted back Cay/Tott Doneeta at once.

And how long does it take for her to do that carthage? She does it in less than a second on Cyndra, she does it in the space of a mere glance to Sarro, she does it before Harth can take a few steps, she does it before Bane can stop her, she says herself all she needs is a thought and gesture. That's it. It's just as fast as a Force Push. Ulic needs to get to her first. He won't be able to before she uses it. And even then as seen against Bane, even injured and while on the ground she can successfully disengage and get enough space to cast the spell.

Well actually:

(please log in to view the image)

It was part of a process that had been building for a while. Not a straight TK feat. And that's nothing to Zannah.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:37 PM
Q99

quote:
Nephthys
Ulic has a lot of trauma and guilt. He was easily turned to the darkside due to his mental weakness. She can mindhax him.

I'll note mindstuff is not only her specialty, but his teammate's as well.

Wyyrlok is a weak link
Ulic can stomp Zannah, and kill the Hero in a good fight but he's out with Wyyrlok as a teammate

He is? He did pretty darn well against Krayt, and he won a sorcery duel with Andeddu.

The way I picture this going is Zannah and 'lok get locked in a sorcery duel until the winner between the two sword types is decided, and then they cut down the opposing sorcerer.

And my money there is on Tython.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote