KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Freedon Nadd vs Tulak Hord vs Marka Ragnos

Ancient Sith Lords
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Tulak Hord 6 33.33%
Marka Ragnos 8 44.44%
Freedon Nadd 4 22.22%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Freedon Nadd vs Tulak Hord vs Marka Ragnos
Started by: Kosmos Supreme

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
Eh I think Ragnos should be above Hord for some reason.

IIRC, Ragnos has accolades calling him the greatest Sith Lord up to his death where as Hord is only one of the greatest

Could be the reason why *shrugs*

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 05:53 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ragnos has no such quotes.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 05:54 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Remembered the wording a bit wrong

http://web.archive.org/web/20080629...ws20041109.html

This is what I was thinking of though

Could be taken a few ways in theory though

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 05:58 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I remembered some of Nihilus's troops on Nadd's temple on Dxun, did they make any comparison to its strength in comparison to Nihilus's? All I remember was how great they felt because of how powerful Nadd's energies were.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 05:58 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I remembered some of Nihilus's troops on Nadd's temple on Dxun, did they make any comparison to its strength in comparison to Nihilus's? All I remember was how great they felt because of how powerful Nadd's energies were.

I don't remember much of that part of the game anymore honestly

Kind of curious why they needed Nadd's power if Nihilus was so amazing, but I always advocate that the ****er is overrated

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:00 AM
The Merchant

Freedon Nadd has an accolade where he was "Far worse than Revan and Malak ever were." Wonder how that could be interpreted as? Visas was also impressed by the Tomb's power if you take her in the tomb.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:02 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Freedon Nadd has an accolade where he was "Far worse than Revan and Malak ever were." Wonder how that could be interpreted as?

Where's that from? :hmm

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:03 AM
The Merchant

Besides that, there's nothing much. Statement is at the 4:30 mark.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:07 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Hmm

When it's not third person narrative?

I'd take it with a grain of salt without some reason is given, be it from word of god or in story ability, for the person making the statement to know what they're talking about

Word of God hasn't said the statement holds weight nor does the ****er showcase that he has psychometry/clairvoyance on the level of Darth Cognus/Traya to actually glean this for himself by actually viewing and gauging their powers himself.

You might be better off trying to pursue Marr's statement if you can somehow link it to Nihilus

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:12 AM
The Merchant

Semi on-topic, but Nadd should get power-scaling from Sadow and Kressh, and Kressh created Gauntlets that tank turbolaser blasts.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:26 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Semi on-topic, but Nadd should get power-scaling from Sadow and Kressh, and Kressh created Gauntlets that tank turbolaser blasts.

Nadd kind of killed Sadow or at least defeated his spirit

IIRC, there are multiple explanations of what state of being Sadow was in

Bear in mind though? Sort of unnecessary to put yourself into stasis as Sadow did if you're dead so...

I'd take it as Nadd outright winning myself

http://i.imgur.com/JRX0yZ6.png
http://i.imgur.com/T6rLXYf.png

Both Nadd and Sadow also seem to know Force Storm, with Sadow even having the precision feats to shut up anyone about lacking control

Given the ****er could modulate between causing Solar Flares and Super Nova on his Corsair? One basically being a drop of water in terms of energy (solar flare) compared to the ocean of a ****ing super nova?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need to worry about control :hmm

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:31 AM
The Merchant

I thought Palpatine was the first user of the Force Storm, unless you're referencing the Force Lightning Storm?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:51 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I thought Palpatine was the first user of the Force Storm, unless you're referencing the Force Lightning Storm?

http://i.imgur.com/dcbri8s.png
http://i.imgur.com/gu57JEy.png
http://i.imgur.com/QgFzws9.png

From Tales of the Jedi Companion

Sidious isn't the first, and it was even considered a Jedi power in both TotJ Companion and The Jedi Path (well, it was, but they recently labeled it dark sided as of the writing post Ruusan IIRC)

http://i.imgur.com/St4mqxm.png

Last edited by ChaosTheory123 on Mar 6th, 2015 at 06:58 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:53 AM
The Merchant

That's lame. And if that's supposed to be a general description of what the force power does doesn't that mean anyone with the ability could replicate those effects?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:56 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

That's lame. And if that's supposed to be a general description of what the force power does doesn't that mean anyone with the ability could replicate those effects?

You'd need the power and control to initiate usage of it

Think of it being the Flare or Meteor to Force Lightning's Fire and Force Maelstrom's Fira/Firaga if you're familiar with JRPG spell tiers (most specifically Final Fantasy)

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 06:59 AM
Q99

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123

Given the ****er could modulate between causing Solar Flares and Super Nova on his Corsair? One basically being a drop of water in terms of energy (solar flare) compared to the ocean of a ****ing super nova?

Even Keto could cause supernovae in the Corsair. That's really more ship than user, y'know?

Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's called a retcon.

And yet, nothing's actually said the timeline is wrong in such a major way, no additional Jedi/Sith wars have been named, and it's still explicit that the Jedi did not know where the Sith were at the time.

With Hord, there are a few ways one could interpret it without requiring *too* much twisting, there is a history of using 'dark jedi' as a generic. With Nadd... nah, it just doesn't work unless the statement is hyperbole.

And that's in-universe. Out of universe, the real explanation is simply sloppiness/lack of fact checking.

quote:

What, so your argument is that canon is invalid because you deem it so?

No, my argument is it is hyperbole because it is contradicted heavily by the stories of Freedon Nadd's life, in multiple sources.

Is your argument that the description of a piece of equipment overrides multiple tellings of a character's life?

Because it seems to me like you'd just choosing what's convenient to your argument no matter how poorly it fits with anything else.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by Q99
Even Keto could cause supernovae in the Corsair. That's really more ship than user, y'know?

Yeah, and she died for her efforts because she never learned how to modulate how much power she could use with it

Was sort of Qel-Droma's and Kun's plan for revenge and getting rid of her and Crado

With great power comes the need for some actual control in using it

Even something as comparatively pithy as Kun's initial performance with Naga Sadow's Amulet on Yavin IV with the Sith Wyrm had him going out of control just because of the power the amulet gave him.

Control is a major part of using their powers, and Sadow proved he had much of that in spades by showing how well he could control the amount of power he released with the Corsair

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 03:18 PM
Q99

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Yeah, and she died for her efforts because she never learned how to modulate how much power she could use with it

Was sort of Qel-Droma's and Kun's plan for revenge and getting rid of her and Crado

With great power comes the need for some actual control in using it

Even something as comparatively pithy as Kun's initial performance with Naga Sadow's Amulet on Yavin IV with the Sith Wyrm had him going out of control just because of the power the amulet gave him.

Control is a major part of using their powers, and Sadow proved he had much of that in spades by showing how well he could control the amount of power he released with the Corsair

True, there's absolutely no doubt he's a good deal more skilled.

It just shows that that's the tricky part of the Corsair, the control, rather than the omph.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 03:45 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Q99
And yet, nothing's actually said the timeline is wrong in such a major way, no additional Jedi/Sith wars have been named, and it's still explicit that the Jedi did not know where the Sith were at the time.

Yet we also know that the Jedi sieged an Imperial Stronghold on Yn, and that Tulak Hord led his forces to slaughter a Jedi force on Chabosh, all long prior to the GHW.

quote:
Is your argument that the description of a piece of equipment overrides multiple tellings of a character's life?

It contradicts only with your ideas, not with the actual story.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 04:34 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Selenial
I learned Norwegian simultaneously. I ended up speaking later than most due to my parents each speaking to me in a different language (so I knew both). I had pretty much caught up with other kids by age 2, and t that point spoke both languages as well as they spoke one

That's really impressive. The only other language I know is french and I still can't understand Revanchiste.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2015 03:03 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote