KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kyle Katarn vs. Ki Adi Mundi

Kyle Katarn vs. Ki Adi Mundi
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kyle Katarn vs. Ki Adi Mundi

Who gets REkt muffukas?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 02:45 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

*Ki-Adi-Mundi

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 02:46 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

??

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 03:45 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The hyphens, carthage. The hyphens.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 03:47 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ah, ok Kyle-Katarn

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 03:50 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I think I hate you.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 03:53 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Anyone else?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 10:14 PM
chilled monkey

Kyle Katarn wipes the floor with him.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 10:25 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Kyle Katarn wipes the floor with him.
You could at least post a reason for such a bold claim. I mean, where's the creativity, man?

Happy Dance

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 10:30 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by ILS
You could at least post a reason for such a bold claim. I mean, where's the creativity, man?

Happy Dance

Walked right into that one didn't I?

Okay, Kyle is a lot more skilled, more experienced, probably more powerful and has more options since he can use dark powers too.

Specifically he beat seven Dark Jedi with practically no training, has fought tons of dark-siders, including Reborn and Shadow Troopers, and Darth Caedus himself acknowledged him as a formidable foe.

Mundi has nothing on that.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 03:07 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mundi held his own against Grievous with lots of poor circumstances, and lifted a skiff out of the sand. Thoughts?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 03:19 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

Specifically he beat seven Dark Jedi

All of them excluding Jerec were feebs, and Kyle was never able to defeat him up front.

quote:
with practically no training,

His feats never got any better later on, so I'm not sure how relevant that is.

quote:
Caedus himself acknowledged him as a formidable foe.

Before curbing him and 4 other Jedi in less than 20 seconds.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 03:33 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by ILS
Mundi held his own against Grievous with lots of poor circumstances, and lifted a skiff out of the sand. Thoughts?

That's not bad but it's nothing compared to the stuff Kyle has pulled off.

Sure, holding his own against Grievous while exhausted and demoralised is good, but there's no doubt he would have died if the cavalry hadn't shown up. Kyle defeating a bunch of Dark Jedi with practically no training is way more impressive.

At most Mundi can hold off the inevitable for a bit before dying but that's about it.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 03:41 AM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by NewGuy01
All of them excluding Jerec were feebs, and Kyle was never able to defeat him up front.

By whose standard?

Sure Jerec's lot were "feebs" when compared to the real Aces (guys like Dooku, Maul etc.) but they were still trained Dark Jedi. Even an "average" Jedi/Dark Jedi is a formidable foe for the vast majority of people in the SW galaxy.

That's like saying a regular soldier is a "feeb" compared to a member of the SAS. Does that make him a "feeb" compared to everyone else?

Originally posted by ILS
Before curbing him and 4 other Jedi in less than 20 seconds.

Nope. In that fight they matched Caedus fairly well. Sure he had the upper hand but he certainly didn't "curb" them. Heck, even Mithric gave Caedus some trouble when he went nuts and started whaling on him. He had to work for that win. Plus he only beat Kyle due to manipulation of the environment (throwing a speeder at his back). Granted that is an example of superior tactical ingenuity but it still required an outside variable. He didn't win by just being a straight-up better duellist.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Mar 29th, 2015 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 03:59 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

By whose standard?

The standard of a Council-level warhero like Mundi.

quote:
Nope. In the fight they matched Caedus fairly well.

You do know that the text states Katarn would have lost his legs in the first 7 seconds were it not for his allies, right?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 04:05 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by NewGuy01
You do know that the text states Katarn would have lost his legs in the first 7 seconds were it not for his allies, right?

Yes. That's why I said "THEY matched Caedus fairly well." The entire group between them were able to put up a pretty decent fight.

At the very least they weren't "curbed." "Curbed" would be Caedus beating the entire team without effort which is not how it went.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 04:19 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's not bad but it's nothing compared to the stuff Kyle has pulled off.

Sure, holding his own against Grievous while exhausted and demoralised is good, but there's no doubt he would have died if the cavalry hadn't shown up. Kyle defeating a bunch of Dark Jedi with practically no training is way more impressive.

At most Mundi can hold off the inevitable for a bit before dying but that's about it.
So, to summarize; you believe holding off Grievous, one of the best fighters in the mythos, while exhausted, at a form disadvantage due to Ataru being poor against multiple blades and being unfamiliar with Grievous' extremely unorthodox form, and while being at a physical disadvantage overall, is "nothing compared to" Kyle defeating 7 largely unexplored duelists and then improving to an unspecified degree later on?

Interesting.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 04:32 AM
Zenwolf

Dark Jedi are actually a pretty strong bunch, they aren't all powerful but even a skilled Jedi are hesitant against them, abit brief.

quote:
Facing a Dark Jedi in battle is a risky venture at best, considering the resources at the individual's disposal. The dark side of the Force combined with anger or passion can even cause skilled Jedi to balk momentarily.

- Taken from Threats to the Galaxy.

Considering the fact, that Kyle who wasn't quite a Jedi yet, it's pretty nice. Although Kyle does also have his Stormtrooper training to fall back on, so that would have also helped him out.

Still I find Mundi being more impressive regardless.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thing is, Dark Jedi is an incredibly broad term, and you don't necessarily have to be skilled to acquire. That sourcebook is likely referring to a specific criteria of Dark Jedi opposed to all of them.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 04:37 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ILS
Thing is, Dark Jedi is an incredibly broad term, and you don't necessarily have to be skilled to acquire. That sourcebook is likely referring to a specific criteria of Dark Jedi opposed to all of them.

It's not. That was a generalized statement of a Dark Jedi, you then have the Reborn under it and then Dark Jedi Master.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 04:41 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote