KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs HoT

Darth Maul vs HoT
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WildBantha88

Darth Maul vs HoT

Who wins who dies?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 03:07 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

HoT wins.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hero of Python
Deanmon

HoT is Mace Windu tier at the least so I go with her.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Hero of Python a Private Message Find more posts by Hero of Python Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Maul 10/10

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 05:16 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Done multiple times already. In all Maul wins.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hero of Python
HoT is Mace Windu tier at the least so I go with her.

Well for one, not really. For two, so is Maul.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 09:19 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lol @ Hero being on the same tier as Windu

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 10:09 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Maul every single time

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 12:09 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Nephthys
HoT wins.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well for one, not really. For two, so is Maul.

Yeah Maul wins.

My problem with player characters in SWTOR is that we know for a fact Vitiate >>>>>>> Revan >>>>>> Everyone else. Which makes scaling 'everyone else' very hard to do objectively, It is made even harder by the fact we don't have all that much information.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 02:33 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hero of Python
Deanmon

Originally posted by AncientPower
Yeah Maul wins.

My problem with player characters in SWTOR is that we know for a fact Vitiate >>>>>>> Revan >>>>>> Everyone else. Which makes scaling 'everyone else' very hard to do objectively, It is made even harder by the fact we don't have all that much information.

True, it is difficult. Kinda sucks for Revan though, I hope he gets a boost in the future and plays a large role in taking down full power Vitiate.

And I'll edit what I said earlier: I have HoT somewhere between Dooku and Mace, so yeah it would be a close fight with Maul.

IMO, and I'm a bit of a Revan fan after like 100 kotor playthroughs, Revan should be much closer to Viti than he is. After 300 years studying the emperors power and being the heart of the force and all that, he should be a clear tier above HoT/Dooku/Mace/Maul. Not quite Yoda levels but he should be able to stalemate Vitiate (hence why he'd need our assistance to do away with him for good).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Hero of Python a Private Message Find more posts by Hero of Python Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Uh, the role of Vitiate's character from the start was to be the evil abomination that even Revan isn't a match for. That's what he was intended to be from his inception. Saying that Revan 'should' be able to stalemate him has no basis, nor does it make any sense.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:18 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Uh, the role of Vitiate's character from the start was to be the evil abomination that even Revan isn't a match for. That's what he was intended to be from his inception. Saying that Revan 'should' be able to stalemate him has no basis, nor does it make any sense.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Maul > HoT > Vitiate > Revan thumb up

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:21 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Newguy, it doesn't make any sense. The power levels are all over the place.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

How do you think he wins Jack?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:39 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vitiate was in pretty shit condition at that point, bro. At full power at the end of Act II, he pretty much demolished the Hero and his team.

Not to mention that Vitiate>>Revan>>Hero's all but been confirmed in Shadow of Revan.

The Hero got much more powerful after that point. And then got better after he beat Vitiate as well.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:57 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Nephthys
The Hero got much more powerful after that point. And then got better after he beat Vitiate as well.

Not enough to make up for the rest of the team that got demolished alongside him.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 08:25 PM
Hero of Python
Deanmon

Uh, I don't think you read what I said. I didn't mind Revan being used as a plot device to show off the new Big Bad. I just think that by NOW he should have the experience, force knowledge, and power to at least be within Vitiate's stratosphere.

Not saying he has to be more powerful or even AS powerful as un-weakened Vitiate. Just strong enough to where he isn't totally wrecked by a single blast of Viti's lightning. He should, at the very least, be able to fight Vitiate like Dooku fought Yoda.

But like people have said, the power levels are scatterbrained at best, especially when it comes to video game characters.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 09:27 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Hero of Python
Not saying he has to be more powerful or even AS powerful as un-weakened Vitiate. Just strong enough to where he isn't totally wrecked by a single blast of Viti's lightning. He should, at the very least, be able to fight Vitiate like Dooku fought Yoda.

But like people have said, the power levels are scatterbrained at best, especially when it comes to video game characters.

That's mainly due to Vitiate's fighting style. He doesn't really engage enemies in melee combat. That's why we only see him overpower enemies with the force and that takes less time than dueling on screen. And when you think about it, Vitiate tried to do to Revan what Sidious did to Savage/Maul and actually failed. The gap between them wasn't as wide as he thought, at least not wide enough for Vitiate to casually toy with Revan. He eventually had to unleash his (possibly)most potent attack. So in a way, Revan did stand up to the Emperor even though he was stomped at the end. Anything more wouldn't make sense considering how OP Vitiate's backstory is.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 12:27 AM