KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Inquisitor Lightsabers: Lazy Writing or Good idea?

Inquisitor Lightsabers: Lazy Writing or Good idea?
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Inquisitor Lightsabers: Lazy Writing or Good idea?

Hey internet, so with the new Stars Wars Rebels trailer out, a question popped into my head. "Is the Inquisitor lightsaber lazy writing?" After seeing the Inquisitor with it and after reading the explanation as to why the Inquisitor usediI I figured. "Yeah, makes sense." But with all of these new Inquisitor coming out I'm starting to feel like it's a bit lazy. Here's why

The Inquisitor(seem to) have no real difference in fighting style. The blade twirls and you do some charging. I get that Filoni and team are trying to show that well trained Jedi/ Sith are better duelists, but this just seems like a lazy route to take. As the new Inquisitors(at least to me) seem like carbon copies of the Inquisitor with just different body sizes and same lightsaber moves.

Now I understand that the argument could be made that since the Inquisitors are in essence an Imperial Unit, that it makes sense to give them a suit and weapon that the audience will associate with the Inquisitorious.

That said I hope that these new antagonist won't just be the same Inquisitor with just a different voice, gender, and species, other it'll just turn boring to me. Still I'm hoping Filoni and team will surprise us with whatever it is they're planning.

Anyway internet those are just my thoughts on the Inquisitor Blade and I'd like to hear yours. I'm probably being a bit harsh on the show just because of this one trailer, but i just felt like sharing. smile

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

It could easily be pegged onto the fact that the Inquisitors go through a standardized training program together and thus learn the same lightsaber techniques and forms as each other.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 05:43 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

I like this Inquisitor in a can type mentality. The Empir is a cold unfeeling machine that churns out "clone" Inquisitor agents.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

What's lazy here? The figthing style of the Inquisitor.... They really go lazy on this...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 08:07 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I personally would have wanted more diverse lightsaber hilts for the Inquisitors, but whatever. And as previously stated, the Inquisitors likely go through a standardized training program.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 02:08 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Not to mention that the female inquisitor seems a lot more aggressive, not to mention skilled. Hey Joker, think she's that one missing sister chick you were talking about a couple months ago?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 05:46 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Dhara Leonis -- the black kid's sister the Inquisitor (they really need to get him an actual name now) abducted.

Been seeing a lot of theories it could be Barriss, though. I hope not. But:
(please log in to view the image)
You see Femquizzy isn't wearing her mask, and seems to have yellowish-greenish skin

Similar movesets. ^
But the two major reason I don't want it to be Barriss is one, the Empire completely betrays her philosophy, and two, there are way too many Clone Wars characters coming in the show. But, whatever. I hope she's actually skilled and doesn't suck like Kanan and the Inquisitor before her.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 06:46 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote