KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Should Vitiate be banned from versus contests?

Should Vitiate be banned from versus contests?
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Vitiate should be banned the second he won't die a horrible, Mary-Sued, protagonist related, and shoehorned death. Since we all know that's going to happen, and we all know it's going to happen soon, I see no reason why.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 04:15 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Vitiate should be banned the second he won't die a horrible, Mary-Sued, protagonist related, and shoehorned death. Since we all know that's going to happen, and we all know it's going to happen soon, I see no reason why.

Vitiate won't be destroyed with conventional tactics, I assure you.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 04:36 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Since you're obviously a BioWare developer, I'd like a few free months subbed.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 04:44 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post May 6th, 2015 04:47 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by Selenial
You told him to laugh at Bioware's horrendous excuse for storytelling, he did. If anyone's trolling it's you. confused

Having not gotten to play the game?

What's so bad about it?

What's so terrible about their rendition of a generic doomsday villain compared to other stories that apparently execute it better? :hmm

Mostly just asking because going from Mass Effect (barring the ending, which was more mediocre than terrible imo) to shit story telling here is kind of a jarring change to me :hmm

Old Post May 6th, 2015 04:49 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Having not gotten to play the game?

What's so bad about it?

What's so terrible about their rendition of a generic doomsday villain compared to other stories that apparently execute it better? :hmm

Mostly just asking because going from Mass Effect (barring the ending, which was more mediocre than terrible imo) to shit story telling here is kind of a jarring change to me :hmm

Oh don't get me wrong I play SWTOR more than anyone else here.

But the Ziost story was shit. The amount of Sith-Lord-Gone-Rogue stories is stupid, and this is the fourth time Someones tried to drain a planet and the second time it's actually happened. Come up with something new, Jesus.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

To be fair, it is physically impossible for BioWare to come up with a new story. They haven't come up with a new story since they created Baldur's Gate. TOR follows the chart perfectly.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 6th, 2015 05:00 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by Selenial
Oh don't get me wrong I play SWTOR more than anyone else here.

Fair enough

quote:
But the Ziost story was shit.

I'm just curious why

Repetition as you seem to go into below isn't exactly an objective metric

Just curious if their are any other flaws I guess

Growing up and still watching shit like Dragon Ball or Yu Yu Hakusho?

I can honestly say rehashing plot points isn't something I'd cite to condemn a storyline :hmm

Old Post May 6th, 2015 05:03 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Erm...

laughing out loud

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on May 6th, 2015 at 05:18 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2015 05:16 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Nihilus has done better without making use of rituals :P

Old Post May 6th, 2015 05:26 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Fair enough

I'm just curious why

Repetition as you seem to go into below isn't exactly an objective metric

Just curious if their are any other flaws I guess

Growing up and still watching shit like Dragon Ball or Yu Yu Hakusho?

I can honestly say rehashing plot points isn't something I'd cite to condemn a storyline :hmm

*shrug* What I liked about Kotor 2 was the incredibly character response to what was going on around them, and the actual insight into people's psyche.

The best part of Ziost was master Surro, but then you'd have Lana Beniko not even flinching at billions dead on Ziost, etc. I don't particularly know why I really didn't enjoy the story... I just didn't.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Well she is sith after all and probably didn't want to expose her weakness in front of another sith.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 6th, 2015 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate won't be destroyed with conventional tactics, I assure you.

The same can be said for Sidious, though, and he's not banned tbh. Far from it, really.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 05:40 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

The Ones and Abeloth aren't even banned, this is just a thread for Legend to get some more points in on how hard Vitiate makes him.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

To be fair, it is physically impossible for BioWare to come up with a new story. They haven't come up with a new story since they created Baldur's Gate. TOR follows the chart perfectly.

Swtor doesn't actually fit many of those. You don't start from humble beginnings, you're already a member of your order at the start of the game. And theres no battle that throws your life into chaos. You have one companion at the start. More than 4 locations. No dream sequences. The ancient civilisation is mainly side quest stuff.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Nephthys
Swtor doesn't actually fit many of those. You don't start from humble beginnings,

Unknown Padawan/Sith/Trooper/Smuggler/SLAVE isn't humble. Oookay.
quote:
You're already a member of your order at the start of the game.

No. No, you really aren't. Apprentices aren't technically Jedi, you aren't even a part of the Sith before going to Korriban, the muggle classes have more wiggle room, but not much.
quote:
And theres no battle that throws your life into chaos.

There's an entire war that throws the galaxy into chaos, not to mention the several wars that start on the starter planet for a few of these. erm
quote:
You have one companion at the start.

Depends on the start, but TOR isn't a party based game. It's a MMO. Companions fill more than one role here, except for a select few.
quote:
More than 4 locations.

Four Acts. Prologue. Chapter I, Chapter II, Chapter III. Classic BioWare.
quote:
No dream sequences.

Not really. The Force Sensitives in particular have quite a few. There's even a dream sequence of the final mission for every class in Act III on Voss.
quote:
The ancient civilisation is mainly side quest stuff.

And? That's also not true, either way. There's an entire planet of Sith ruins, Jedi ruins, and Rakata ruins, that are all required.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:36 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nephthys
Swtor doesn't actually fit many of those. You don't start from humble beginnings, you're already a member of your order at the start of the game. And theres no battle that throws your life into chaos. You have one companion at the start. More than 4 locations. No dream sequences. The ancient civilisation is mainly side quest stuff.

That's actually wrong.

Smuggler, Trooper, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter all have humble beginnings. Inquisitor and BH aren't members of their orders, neither the smuggler if you count her career as a republic privateer. The battle that throws your life into chaos happens in both Sith stories. There's a few dream sequences in SOR/Makeb.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:40 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Unknown Padawan/Sith/Trooper/Smuggler/SLAVE isn't humble. Oookay.

Slave is the only humble one, but even then you don't actually start off as a slave, you start off as a Sith, the most privileged position in the empire. As for the others as the Knight/Consular/Warrior you're an exceptionally talented apprentice put on the fast track to masterhood and heaped with praise already. The Trooper is being accepted into the most elite squad in the Republic and the Smuggler is already an experienced captain of her own ship.

No. No, you really aren't. Apprentices aren't technically Jedi, you aren't even a part of the Sith before going to Korriban, the muggle classes have more wiggle room, but not much.

Padawans are still part of the Jedi order as are acolytes part of the Sith. The game starts as soon as you land in the Jedi/Sith headquarters and start training as a real Jedi/Sith.

There's an entire war that throws the galaxy into chaos, not to mention the several wars that start on the starter planet for a few of these. erm

The war happens two acts into the game and it doesn't throw your "quiet life" into chaos, you just continue to do the job you already were doing. Throughout the game you simply perform your role as you would at any time. That theres conflict in a game isn't part of the Bioware formula.

Depends on the start, but TOR isn't a party based game. It's a MMO. Companions fill more than one role here, except for a select few.

The only one that gets two companions in the prologue is the Knight and one is an astrodroid.

Four Acts. Prologue. Chapter I, Chapter II, Chapter III. Classic BioWare.

The chart says locations. And that structure is classic indeed, its ridiculously common. Has nothing to do with Bioware.

Not really. The Force Sensitives in particular have quite a few. There's even a dream sequence of the final mission for every class in Act III on Voss.

Those are visions, not dream sequences.

And? That's also not true, either way. There's an entire planet of Sith ruins, Jedi ruins, and Rakata ruins, that are all required.

The Rakata are the only ones you really discover and have to look into, everything else is pretty regular tomb raiding.

Last edited by Nephthys on May 6th, 2015 at 06:57 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

Versus threads don't really follow a progressing storyline, so I don't see the issue. If he loses, he loses. Him surviving as an Essence would only really matter if there was a storyline that progressed. You don't see that too often in versus threads.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Neph is right. SWTOR doesn't follow the "Bioware formula". SWTOR's plot is far too basic for that.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 09:58 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote