KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5119): « First ... « 3124 3125 [3126] 3127 3128 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thragg/Battle Beast (conclusion):
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

BB did unbelievably well. Amazing showing for him. thumb up

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:33 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:33 PM
Beorndebeer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Thragg/Battle Beast (conclusion):
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

BB did unbelievably well. Amazing showing for him. thumb up

Don't forget the last page.
(please log in to view the image)
Poor battle beast. But if it was thragg who died then they didn't have a main villain anymore. And Thragg dying would've been equally sad imo

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:40 PM
Beorndebeer is currently offline Click here to Send Beorndebeer a Private Message Find more posts by Beorndebeer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, sad to see him go, but Kirkman definitely gave him a shit-ton of respect. Prior to this battle, I'd have said he was decisively below Viltrumite-level... Nevermind strong enough to stalemate the most powerful Viltrumite in a battle that lasted DAYS.

Excellent showing for him. thumb up

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:57 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Beorndebeer
Poor battle beast. But if it was thragg who died then they didn't have a main villain anymore. And Thragg dying would've been equally sad imo

Thragg is the man. He better wear Battle Beasts pelt forever.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 27th, 2015 04:13 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Did Sam just plunge from one end of the sun to the other end? Wow

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 27th, 2015 04:25 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll need to add Overture to my list. I rarely collect comics anymore, but I'd like to have physical copies of all the Sandman stuff.

thumb up

On Convergence, if we view it as a means to an end, I think the stench of the event itself is a bit more palatable. The multiverse is back, and with it various heroes and universes that I actually loved. Now, for the love of ****, why didn't they show Wildstorm ever? That remains my biggest disappointment in the midst of the "bring them ALL back" orgy.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 04:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Did they just retcon away one of the most important events in DC from ever happening... off panel?

Not even sure if 10 Golgos could damage control this event

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:23 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

It is def worth it Digi! Here Volture.com interview's Gaiman.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/neil...-interview.html

And to think, he wanted to put more pages in but couldn't.

The Word

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:24 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Did they just retcon away one of the most important events in DC from ever happening... off panel?

Not even sure if 10 Golgos could damage control this event
Yep. In the space of 3 pages, the culmination of COIE was completely retconned off-panel. Never seen anything quite that terrible.

Golgo's recovery: "It wasn't THAT bad. There were still some gems in the series. And DC sales still increased by 7%!"

Calling it now. thumb up

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:27 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Lol. I'd love to see the explanation of canon past that point, since COIE informed the plot of subsequent Crisis events as well as all kinds of other canon. As always, they try to wipe the slate clean and manage to muck it up even more confusingly each time. Never takes too long. It's funny.

We need a 12-issue Donna Troy series that's nothing but voiceover text explaining sh*t. Then at the end Donna says "And I still don't know what the f*ck is going on."

Originally posted by kevdude
It is def worth it Digi! Here Volture.com interview's Gaiman.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/neil...-interview.html

And to think, he wanted to put more pages in but couldn't.

Thanks.

thumb up

Last edited by Digi on May 27th, 2015 at 05:39 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

So which Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman, etc...will we be seeing now? Will it still be the characters from the reboot or will the comics present the pre reboot versions?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 27th, 2015 06:02 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Nothing changes, except the fact that the Pre-Crisis Multiverse is now back, alongside the New 52, which is what will continue to be their main universe.

This event was just DC's contrived and awful way of bringing back everything in their publishing history - a more blatant hypertime state.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:03 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:03 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Beorndebeer

Damn, he is rocking Battle Beast as a fashion statement.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:07 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:22 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:24 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote