KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin: Good or Bad?

Anakin: Good or Bad?
Started by: Shitayli

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 02:43 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eleonora
Anakin is both, just like every other human being.
LOL, shut up. This isn't earth! big grin
The SW universe makes a distinct difference between good and evil. It doesn't hold a Boedhistic point of view. You are this or you are that. Anakin was a naughty boy, he did something against the jedi code.
PLUS, he suddenly began killing the jedi!! That must mean something!!!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 03:53 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Originally posted by Alliance

The acting was OK, the lighing on anakin was supurp imo, but Sidious voice makes me think the sound editor's kid was playing with the volume dials during the recording. stick out tongue

Watched the commentary on the part, Lucas said he ****ed with Sidious's voice to make it sound more evil.

I think its pretty fake though.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Originally posted by Shitayli
Is anakin good for saving padame or is he bad for becoming Darth Vader?

I think he was good from the beginning Because all he wanted to do was save padame but Darth Sidius went back on his promise to save padame and she died anyway. SO I dont thing that ani s sorta' cracked!

He didn't save her, he killed her...well I think so. Palpatine said to vader that he had killed her.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 02:34 PM
Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Anakin is a good boy. He only exterminated the Jedi Knights, force choked his wife, slaughtered dozens of sand people, includig women and children, brutally murdered begging politicians and lopped off a Jedi master's arm.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Don't forget the children, oh the children!!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 09:15 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freddie

Originally posted by Generic Hero
Anakin is a good boy. He only exterminated the Jedi Knights, force choked his wife, slaughtered dozens of sand people, includig women and children, brutally murdered begging politicians and lopped off a Jedi master's arm.

I disagree. He killed the Jedi because he believed they where evil, and he had reason to. He thought he had no alternative.

The 'politicians' he killed where evil separatists, and they did all sorts of nasty stuff like attacking Naboo.

And the sand people? They are animistic terrorists of his home planet. They killed and tortured his mother for a sport, and did that to many other people. If I was him, I'd do the same. They where vermin. Just because the Jedi order say it's wrong doesn't mean it is.

He cut off Mace's arm because he didn't respect Palpatine's freedom, and Mace wanted to take justice into his own hands, which without Anakin getting to truly see how evil Darth Sideous is, it seems perfectly acceptable to disarm Mace.

The only thing I disagree with is Anakin choking Padme. But he must have been driven insane from the stress, although it's no excuse. To me, I have not seen any other evil. He did what he thought was right. Anything else?

Old Post May 31st, 2015 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Freddie a Private Message Find more posts by Freddie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He believed younglings were evil? He believed Obi-Wan, his teacher and mentor, was evil?

Taking TCW in to account, Anakin's fall does make more sense, but it's still a very quick jump from "good but troubled" to mass murder.

lol @ disarmed though. Nice pun.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 31st, 2015 01:53 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He was a psychopathic mass-murderer long before he "fell" to the Dark Side. Clearly he's just misunderstood.

Old Post May 31st, 2015 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by -Pr-
He believed younglings were evil? He believed Obi-Wan, his teacher and mentor, was evil?

Taking TCW in to account, Anakin's fall does make more sense, but it's still a very quick jump from "good but troubled" to mass murder.

lol @ disarmed though. Nice pun.

How is it exactly a quick jump? He's already long before having emotional issues the first starting point was being taken from his mother, or you could probably go back further when he was a slave.

You then fast forward, his mother being tortured by Sand People and then dying in his arms, this just further making him into an emotional storm.

Then finally what did it is, was the visions of Padme dying.

His turning was already sown into him by all of this, the constant war and Palpatine's manipulation, the final nail in the coffin was cutting off Mace Windu's hand, helping kill a very respected Jedi Master. Further twisting his thoughts to that, Palpatine showed Anakin that the Jedi were corrupted and enemies of the Republic.

He wasn't doing mass murder in his point of view, what he was doing was quelling a Rebellion of Jedi before it even began, bringing peace and order to the galaxy and wiping away the corrupted Jedi and Republic.

This all just from the movies, you really don't even need to watch TCW as long as you put thought into the scenes at hand and then take into account the passage of time, take into account the characters around Anakin influencing his emotions, so on and so forth.

TCW just furthers add more material for Anakin's slow descend into the darkside.

Old Post May 31st, 2015 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Zenwolf
How is it exactly a quick jump? He's already long before having emotional issues the first starting point was being taken from his mother, or you could probably go back further when he was a slave.

You then fast forward, his mother being tortured by Sand People and then dying in his arms, this just further making him into an emotional storm.

Then finally what did it is, was the visions of Padme dying.

His turning was already sown into him by all of this, the constant war and Palpatine's manipulation, the final nail in the coffin was cutting off Mace Windu's hand, helping kill a very respected Jedi Master. Further twisting his thoughts to that, Palpatine showed Anakin that the Jedi were corrupted and enemies of the Republic.

He wasn't doing mass murder in his point of view, what he was doing was quelling a Rebellion of Jedi before it even began, bringing peace and order to the galaxy and wiping away the corrupted Jedi and Republic.

This all just from the movies, you really don't even need to watch TCW as long as you put thought into the scenes at hand and then take into account the passage of time, take into account the characters around Anakin influencing his emotions, so on and so forth.

TCW just furthers add more material for Anakin's slow descend into the darkside.

The seeds were sown, but the way he goes from "You're a Sith, I must turn you in!" to "Fck your hand, Windu, I'mma go murder everyone I've known for the last 13 years!" is way too abrupt.

He should have fallen to the dark side earlier, but needed more prodding to turn against everything he's been taught.

Old Post May 31st, 2015 05:49 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
The seeds were sown, but the way he goes from "You're a Sith, I must turn you in!" to "Fck your hand, Windu, I'mma go murder everyone I've known for the last 13 years!" is way too abrupt.

He should have fallen to the dark side earlier, but needed more prodding to turn against everything he's been taught.

So being prodding and showing signs of falling to the darkside throughout the movies don't show anything? I don't think it would take much else when Anakin at this point, was shown as being mentally ill.

As said that was the final nail in the coffin and it's not like he wasn't justified in disarming Windu. Taking from his point of view, he was witnessing a Jedi straight up murder the Chancellor of the Republic, thus confirming what Palpatine was saying that the Jedi were turning on the Republic.

Old Post May 31st, 2015 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I think Anakin is just a dumb person.

Old Post May 31st, 2015 06:26 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luminous
kusemono

He basically killed Rush Clovis and got away with it.

Old Post May 31st, 2015 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Luminous
He basically killed Rush Clovis and got away with it.

He didn't really kill Clovis, he killed himself by letting go of Anakin's hand, Anakin could have easily just let him fall but he didn't.

Old Post May 31st, 2015 07:45 PM
Darth Luminous
kusemono

I meant that he should have been able to use the Force to save him.

Old Post May 31st, 2015 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He was a psychopathic mass-murderer long before he "fell" to the Dark Side. Clearly he's just misunderstood.

Yup, evil and dumb. Anakin was never any good. There never was any 'fall to the Dark Side', ever since his adolescence he was always like that.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 11:23 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Neither. Mentally ill

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 08:23 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Alliance
I think Lucas went over the transition a little quickly. He screams "what have I done?" and the about thirty second later hes on his knees pledging himself to the sith. WTF?!?
thumb up

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 02:01 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote