KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Leader of NAACP chapter exposed as caucasian

Leader of NAACP chapter exposed as caucasian
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
An issue we have to consider is that her educational credentials were won on false pretenses. She went to school on a minority scholarship.

This makes you wonder..you always hear people saying white people will soon be a minority in this country(or that it has happened already). Once this happens, can you have minority scholarships for white people?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 03:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think she's a example that if you lie enough in life, you can achieve you dreams, even becoming a in charge black woman.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 03:14 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reading the article finding a motive is difficult. She could of just decided "I'm black because profit" one day. On the other hand..she has this adopted brother who is black, and apparently abusive parents. I don't know,maybe she was abused and found solace with her black bro to the point she convinced herself she is black? I think she knows she isn't black, but still in her mind perhaps "identifies" with them more? Or it could just be a scam.

On the other hand I probably would of stopped the scam once people started hanging nooses on my house. I did chuckle at her "I've been to Mississippi, I know what a noose means!" line. Could she maybe not of guessed what a noose being put on a supposed black persons house would mean without ever having been to that state.

My only other issue is that you had some saying "transracial" can't be a thing because a black person can't just say "I'm white" and be taken as white. To be fair, this woman isn't just saying "I'm black". She took some steps to somewhat alter herself. I could right now say I'm black and people would believe me about as much as if I said I'm from Krypton.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 13th, 2015 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 03:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

This really is the best case of cutural appropriation I've ever heard of tho. This chick is so not racist, that she infiltrated the ethnic group in effort to help them from within.

ya'll need to leave this beautiful black woman alone.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 04:35 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by marwash22
This really is the best case of cutural appropriation I've ever heard of tho. This chick is so not racist, that she infiltrated the ethnic group in effort to help them from within.

Agree 100%

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 04:58 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Or, in today's world, give her a reality series...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 07:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 07:36 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

That guy is a satirist, or at least calls himself one.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 08:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

any piece of satire that needs to state that "it's not a joke" is a failure.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jun 13th, 2015 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 08:32 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

laughing out loud

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 08:38 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Robtard
That guy is a satirist, or at least calls himself one.

Well, I for one think he's a strong, handsome black man trying to find his way in this transracist world.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 08:52 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Makes you wonder though, is it actually racist to call this white woman white?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 09:21 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Surtur

It would be transracist.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 09:24 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

a guy (Charlamagne tha God, a radio personality) made a similar point to this, saying that if it's okay to accept a man who identifies as a woman, why shouldn't we accept a white person who identifies as black.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 09:32 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I self-identify as Vegeta, the Prince of all Saiyans.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 09:41 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
I self-identify as Vegeta, the Prince of all Saiyans.

A Charleton

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 09:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The nonsense aside, the way she went about it with lies and playing the victim shits on the people who actually have a legitimate self-identity issue.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 09:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

This makes you wonder..you always hear people saying white people will soon be a minority in this country(or that it has happened already). Once this happens, can you have minority scholarships for white people?

The point of minority scholarships is to ensure that disadvantaged groups are given opportunities. Even if white people become the minority in America, whites will still be relatively better off if economic trends hold, so it wouldn't be the same thing.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 10:11 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Robtard
The nonsense aside, the way she went about it with lies and playing the victim shits on the people who actually have a legitimate self-identity issue.

Never gave this subject much thought, other than in a joking sense; gonna have to research it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 09:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Jamelle Bouie is, as always, fantastic:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...he_african.html

quote:
We don’t know the entirety of Dolezal’s story, and we will likely learn more. If it’s troubling, it’s at least partly because it feels like Dolezal is adopting the culture without carrying the burdens. And with the fake father and the fake children, it seems like she’s deceiving people for the sake of an Ă_ la carte blackness, in which you take the best parts, and leave the pain aside.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Jun 14th, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 10:35 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote