KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Vader Enters the Fray: Inside Star Wars Rebels Season Two

Vader Enters the Fray: Inside Star Wars Rebels Season Two
Started by: Nargaroth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Gewd. (please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

On a side note, I really hope Agent Kallus becomes something more from Rebels. I see he has some great potential in having his own book or comic series, also giving a new look into this ISB canon. He's overall been an interesting character imo and I hope he is explored more outside of Rebels.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 05:03 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I hope Vader chokes him to death.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 05:05 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Considering Rebels is probably going to lead right up to ANH, I'm not sure what it is "bizaree." The point of the "prime" was to signify the difference between this Vader and movie Vader, not that he won't improve any more than S2 EP1. And he's not doing anything that godlike in the comics either. His AT-AT feat was great, but everything since then was meh or below-average. The Darth Vader we saw in the novel, while great, isn't really what you should be expecting on TV. In the old EU, Kanan and Ezra would have ran laps around Vader, disarmed him, ragdolled him, killed him, resurrected his corpse, and then took a giant dump on his helmet.

Just be grateful we have a badass Vader consistent to the movies, if not even stronger. Don't expect a god though... that's silly and untrue to the character.

Considering that Anakin was good enough in TCW, and as of Season 4, to perform feats like this:

(please log in to view the image)

And then proceed to become vastly more powerful after season 5, and improve even more as of Lots after becoming a Sith, I think it's legitimate to expect more. Of course this is not to say that he should necessarily be some kind of god.

Not that I'm actually disappointed. So far, Vader did very well, especially considering that he was either distracted or toying with Ezra and Kanan, so I don't understand why people here are complaining.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 10:03 AM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Breaking a metal bar isn't that great imo, especially with how much it took for him to do it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 11:20 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

He destroyed the whole structure, causing that massive planetary scanner to collapse. And it didn't take that much to perform the feat, not to mention this was done in underwater pressure. So I'd say it's quite impressive.

Then there are other feats like ragdolling Ventress and Barriss,, which would put him on a comparable level with Dooku by this time.

--

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 11:59 AM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He didn't, he destroyed that one bar and then the rest was a chain-reaction. Look at your gif, that bar is the only one bending and after it snaps it specifically shows Anakin cease using the Force.

Also it took him a long time to do it and wouldn't underwater pressure make it easier? confused

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 12:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

That doesn't make much sense, though. Destroying one bar wouldn't destroy the others.

Well, admittedly I don't know if being underwater would make the feat easier or harder.

--

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 12:22 PM
The_Tempest

As someone who's not afraid of criticizing Rebels, I don't see what the issue is that some of you have with the duel. It was plain as day that Vader was holding back. The only time he was remotely in any danger was when they pushed him into the path of the toppling walkers. And we saw how casually and confidently he dealt with that.

Even more impressive is his singlehanded stomping of the rebel fleet.

I still say Vader should not have been brought in the series this soon {if at all}, but he was portrayed very effectively here.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 01:32 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by ares834
Oh, and it seemed he knocked Ahsoka out when she mentally contacted him. Either that or she is a dainty women who swoons and faints.
[strumming on a sad guitar] do you ever literally pass out from the psychic backlash of a mind so familiar to you through years of apprenticeship and friendship and love being utterly twisted into a nexus of the dark side

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 03:36 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Nephthys
Also it took him a long time to do it and wouldn't underwater pressure make it easier? confused

No, it didn't "take a long time," in any sense of the words, and it being underwater won't make breaking it, while water is still obviously in the way, any easier.

That being said, Anakin only needing to break one bar does make sense. The other bars can't handle the pressure of the entire structure and the water around it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 04:22 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"He slowly approaches the Jedi, towering over them. As they fight, he's impossibly strong, dueling with ease and tossing the Jedi and Padawan aside as if they were weightless.

The duel continues. Vader stops Kanan's strike and throws the Jedi across the hangar, dazing him. The Sith Lord uses the opportunity to finish Ezra. He Force lifts the Padawan and pins him, slowly bringing Ezra's own lightsaber blade toward his throat. Kanan recovers in time to stop the Sith, however. But he's no match for Vader, who tags the Jedi's shoulder. Before Vader can destroy Kanan and Ezra, however, there's an explosion. Sabine has toppled a walker, and the Jedi Force push Vader beneath it as it falls.

Vader rises."
--starwars.com

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"He slowly approaches the Jedi, towering over them. As they fight, he's impossibly strong, dueling with ease and tossing the Jedi and Padawan aside as if they were weightless.

The duel continues. Vader stops Kanan's strike and throws the Jedi across the hangar, dazing him. The Sith Lord uses the opportunity to finish Ezra. He Force lifts the Padawan and pins him, slowly bringing Ezra's own lightsaber blade toward his throat. Kanan recovers in time to stop the Sith, however. But he's no match for Vader, who tags the Jedi's shoulder. Before Vader can destroy Kanan and Ezra, however, there's an explosion. Sabine has toppled a walker, and the Jedi Force push Vader beneath it as it falls.

Vader rises."
--starwars.com
My dick is hard

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 04:50 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by The_Tempest
As someone who's not afraid of criticizing Rebels, I don't see what the issue is that some of you have with the duel. It was plain as day that Vader was holding back. The only time he was remotely in any danger was when they pushed him into the path of the toppling walkers. And we saw how casually and confidently he dealt with that.

Even more impressive is his singlehanded stomping of the rebel fleet.

I still say Vader should not have been brought in the series this soon {if at all}, but he was portrayed very effectively here.

thumb up Even if he wasn't holding back, we don't really know exactly how Kanan or the Inquisitor stack up to higher-tier Jedi.

Either way, Vader's a monster in this show.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 04:52 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Palpatines voice got me hard. Just saying

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 06:27 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

I enjoyed Vader's performance. It was obvious that he wanted to keep Kanan alive, as he could've killed him instead of throwing him into a crate. He was more than willing to kill Ezra though. Maybe he thinks Kanan will lead him to Obi-Wan

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Plus, he even says that she isn't completely ****ed from the get-go because she is familiar with how he fights, versus the Jedi Vader would usually encounter would have no clue how to fight someone like him.

That would also lend credit to the idea that Kenobi always had a natural advantage against Vader.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

And vice versa.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 02:57 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 03:17 AM
red8

I liked the minister of Lothal. I was hoping her and Sabine would have some kind of rivalry throughout the series ever since Sabine tricked her in season 1.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 03:49 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote