KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Force Awakens spoiler/speculation discussion thread

The Force Awakens spoiler/speculation discussion thread
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
How do you mean accurate? There's nothing to check it with.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 04:58 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by queeq
How do you mean accurate? There's nothing to check it with.

The trailers and other stuff they've officially released like art or that magazine. Everything from the trailers matches up with stuff they've spoiled. And before you say it, yes, most of these leaks came out before trailer 2 and well before the ComicCon footage.

So yes, there is plenty to check it with.

Last edited by ares834 on Jul 28th, 2015 at 05:41 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 05:32 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by ares834
The trailers and other stuff they've officially released like art or that magazine. Everything from the trailers matches up with stuff they've spoiled. And before you say it, yes, most of these leaks came out before trailer 2 and well before the ComicCon footage.

oh yeah? well this link says otherwise:

http://i.imgur.com/JEx0Fhh.png

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by ares834

It tells us very little about plot lines, identity of the main characters or their relations. We'll just have to wait and see...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 09:10 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That black guy in the stormtrooper suit really ruined the trailer/teaser for me. Goofy face, scared shitless... he is gonna be Disney's Jar Jar, I guess.

Heard something about the new sith lightsaber being explained?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 04:22 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That black guy in the stormtrooper suit really ruined the trailer/teaser for me. Goofy face, scared shitless... he is gonna be Disney's Jar Jar, I guess.

I am face palming as hard as I can right now. If you don't like him, you might as well not watch the movie since he's a main character.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 08:18 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

gr8 b8 m8 thumb up

Heard something about the new sith lightsaber being explained?

yeah it fits neatly into some custom sith lock which will please many RPG game fans but im still not sold on the practicality of fighting with mutually lethal crossguards.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Aug 1st, 2015 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
I am face palming as hard as I can right now. If you don't like him, you might as well not watch the movie since he's a main character.

That's what I was afraid of. Only one of the main characters, I hope then.

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
gr8 b8 m8 thumb up

laughing out loud

Not really baiting, his parts in the trailer just didn't appeal to me. Will wait for the final product.

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
yeah it fits neatly into some custom sith lock which will please many RPG game fans but im still not sold on the practicality of fighting with mutually lethal crossguards.

Yeah, it does seem impractical.

Using Inquisitor's lightstaff from SW Rebels would've been better. Or *gasps* just a standard lightsaber would do, tbh.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 10:52 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The Inquisitor's saber is a wretched design, tbh. I much prefer Kylo's cross-saber.

I hope Leia's a Jedi, though. Luke said she'd learn to use the Force as he did (which presumably means he'd train her to be a Jedi, right?) and apparently [SPOILER - highlight to read]: there's some Jedi during TFA, and I doubt Luke trained them all.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 11:32 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

That's what I was afraid of. Only one of the main characters, I hope then.

laughing out loud

Not really baiting, his parts in the trailer just didn't appeal to me. Will wait for the final product.

Yeah, it does seem impractical.

Using Inquisitor's lightstaff from SW Rebels would've been better. Or *gasps* just a standard lightsaber would do, tbh.

Finn (black guy), Rey (girl), Poe (X-Wing pilot) are the 3 new main characters. They will share the spotlight in TFA, but I think they will take over more for 8 and might be the only leads by 9.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 08:45 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

First pictures from on set of Star Wars: Rogue One!

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/08/f...logy-rogue-one/

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 01:55 AM
queeq
Chaos

Nice!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 12:32 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Old Post Aug 12th, 2015 09:50 PM
queeq
Chaos

Good stuff!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 09:40 AM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

The man himself...

This is amazing.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 12:41 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Luke looks like a ****ing badass

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

MESA LIKEN DIS!!!

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
The man himself...

This is amazing.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 02:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, so, a couple of interesting character point spoilers about Kylo Ren that have come out lately- first one backs up what NLW posted above. This is not speculation- it's come straight from JJ Abrams.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: 1. 'Ren' is a title, not a name- like Darth, but a suffix rather than prefix. Kylo is an (ex?) member of the Knights of Ren.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/15/star-...of-ren-5341563/

2. Specifically, Kylo is NOT a Sith. Supreme Leader Snoke, whom he works for, is a powerful figure in the Dark Side- whether he has a Sith link or not is unknown.

http://www.slashfilm.com/kylo-ren-i...-force-awakens/

Much speculation about whether Luke founded the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Knights of Ren but it all went wrong. Not sure why Luke wouldn't just go for Jedi myself, but until we get a better grip on Abrams' creative ideas, it's hard to read!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Trying not to get spoiled for this.... eek!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ok, so, a couple of interesting character point spoilers about Kylo Ren that have come out lately- first one backs up what NLW posted above. This is not speculation- it's come straight from JJ Abrams.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: 1. 'Ren' is a title, not a name- like Darth, but a suffix rather than prefix. Kylo is an (ex?) member of the Knights of Ren.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/15/star-...of-ren-5341563/

2. Specifically, Kylo is NOT a Sith. Supreme Leader Snoke, whom he works for, is a powerful figure in the Dark Side- whether he has a Sith link or not is unknown.

http://www.slashfilm.com/kylo-ren-i...-force-awakens/

Much speculation about whether Luke founded the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Knights of Ren but it all went wrong. Not sure why Luke wouldn't just go for Jedi myself, but until we get a better grip on Abrams' creative ideas, it's hard to read!

I heard from someone who claims to have seen the movie (most likely BS) that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Knights of Ren may be the oldest of Force users. After Ren himself died his followers split into 3 factions: Jedi, Sith and the remaining Knights that essentially went into hiding while waiting for the prophesied new leader Darth Vader (immaculate conception, balance, etc), but they were too late in awakening or something. So by the time this movie comes along they are after his blood: Kylo Ren, the child of Han and Leia or Rey, the daughter of Luke and an unnamed mother.

All speculative, but it's a very interesting concept.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 07:56 PM