KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Trailer #3

Trailer #3
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
I'm intrigued by Han's lines about the stories of Dark Side and the Jedi being true. Several decades on, and Luke hasn't revived the Jedi Order?

The Sith were pretty much lost to history to most of the galaxy already, the Jedi were known to be extinct since Order 66. Luke being the only "open" Jedi during the OT. One man out of trillions (or more) beings in the galaxy...he's a myth, a legend. No one knows if the stories are true except for those who personally know Luke.

At least...that's how I interpret it.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 05:37 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'm on board with that interpretation. But at the same time, one would think that Luke would be out there putting together the New Jedi Order to help the Rebellion become the New Republic... then again, they're definitely going a different direction than the EU.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 06:06 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No indeed, this has been one of the most intriguing roads they have been going down, based on the various rumours and potential spoilers we've been hearing- no Jedi Order. Luke has not gone down the most straightforward path we may have imagined. Whether he tried to re-found it or not is something we'll have to see- they basically have a new post-OT backstory they are using for the new film.

Anyway, pretty good trailer, but that's all three trailers now and not a single lightsabre touched another. Nothing quite beats the excitement of that one second flash of the Obi-Wan/Maul fight in the big TPM trailer.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:09 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Hmmm..... Nostradamus might be right... Although I hope not....
Initial impression was that is all of a sudden it looked digital (I mean) computer digital effects clean.....

The story.....k, there's no empire, so he was 'raised' for a reason? Kyle ren finishing what Vader started? Vader didn't start sh%t, other then trying to overthrow palpatine and rule the Galaxy. Guess that's it!, big surprise. Oh, and darkside and the Jedi did exist a long time ago says Han Solo...

The trailer looks like Star Trek....

Wonder if there's going to be an actual story in this movie??????

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 08:22 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

All SW trailers are coy on plot.

That said, I do gather that not THAT much happens in TFA- and maybe no bad thing. Not that much happens in ANH either. WAY more was trying to happen in the prequel films, and not to their benefit (AOTC suffered worst of all- that was two films hacked in half and cut together).

There's no Empire but there's the Empire-like organisation the First Order (not a real spoiler now it's all over merchandise).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I hope your right. I do agree about not giving too much away in all the trailers...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 08:32 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

This looks nothing like Star Trek, except for the new movies which are directed by JJ Abrams and fans of Trek said looked too much like Star Wars. :eyeroll:

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 04:02 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Hey, does Rey have a British accent or is Daisy just bad at hiding hers?

Also, I really love Lupita's voiceover.

Last edited by |King Joker| on Oct 20th, 2015 at 06:34 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 06:29 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Awesome trailer, not keen on Kylo Ren's voice though.

Also apparently: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Knights of Ren were the result of a failed attempt by Luke to rebuild the Jedi Order, which may be why he went into hiding.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Where did you hear that from?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:11 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I heard that as well, but IDR where.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:18 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's plausible, for sure.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Certainly could be. And the Knights of Ren could by a play on renegade knights. Frankly though, I'd think that would be rather uninteresting and would only make Luke's failures worse.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:43 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Is there still no confirmation whether or not Leia's a Jedi?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:45 PM
ares834

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: No confirmation that I know of. Though I highly doubt she will be.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:46 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

uggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:47 PM
queeq
Chaos

Loved the trailer.

I think a lot of people should start considering letting go of the EU expectations of this movie. I doubt there will be twin kids by Han and Leia, there certainly is no Jedi order, I doubt there's anything 'Knights of Ren'-ish about this or any EU plotline people may have loved form novels or comics. I think this is an original story, completely detached from anything published so far and I am surprised so little is known about the plot.

To me it looks great, it feels great, it has a sense of originality about it ... I dunno... I might like this SW.

I'm not bothered about the Vader-starting-something line. Indeed Vader didn't start anything. However... Kylo Ren could THINK that Vader started something... And that would just make him dangerous IMHO.

And who's the one who said it looks like Star Trek... ? I think you got it the wrong way around: Abrams made Star Trek look like Star Wars... And now he makes SW looks like SW again. It certainly feels that way.

I have my hopes up, let's just hope the story doesn't suck!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 08:52 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

my favorite moment:

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
One of the main plot points is trying to find Luke, so there's no need for him to be featured in the trailers. His mystery needs to stay a mystery until the film is in theaters.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Sometimes (most of the time) trailers give up too much information about the plot. I want something to make me salivate, not ruin the story.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 10:26 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

Kylo Ren could be referring to the eradication of the Jedi. Darth Vader probably was perceived as the man who brought down the Jedi since he hunted them actively for years following the fall of the Republic.

Or something.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 11:06 PM
Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote