KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Trailer #3

Trailer #3
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq

And who's the one who said it looks like Star Trek... ? I think you got it the wrong way around: Abrams made Star Trek look like Star Wars... And now he makes SW looks like SW again. It certainly feels that way.

I have my hopes up, let's just hope the story doesn't suck!

I meant it looks like the new Star Trek. Are you sure JJ tried to make Star Trek look like the OT or the PT movies?

Anyway, it looks like Star Trek by the way the movie frames circle around Finn for example, but that is probably just Abrams....

Kylo Rens voice does sound cool...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 01:33 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, the new ST was made by Abrams. And Abrams is, as we all know, a huge SW fan. So when he did Star Trek, he certainly Starwardized it. Very clear to me... so why not starwardize SW as well?

So yes, it IS Abrams... and Abrams loves SW.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 12:51 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by HereticalDruid
Kylo Ren could be referring to the eradication of the Jedi. Darth Vader probably was perceived as the man who brought down the Jedi since he hunted them actively for years following the fall of the Republic.

Or something.

But there are NO more Jedi... expect maybe Luke. But killing one guy is not really finish the work Vader ended some 40-50 years ago.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 01:16 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by JediRobin23

Anyway, it looks like Star Trek by the way the movie frames circle around Finn for example, but that is probably just Abrams....

a valid point. however is it a JJ thing or just a modern cinematography thing? i think we're just going to have to stomach some of it. it's ok by me, as long as it's not whored. for example, i didnt mind shaky-cam in the dogfighting scenes. however if i have to see shaky-cam in dialogue scenes i just might walk out and demand a refund. same goes for lense flare. it's all about how it's applied, imo.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

someone made a music-only edit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci0C8ggQWys

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What is the point of that???

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 07:18 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i dont know how to answer that queeq. what's the point of music?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 07:26 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

What is the point of that???

John Williams is ****ing awesome and his music is emotional.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 11:53 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Apparently Williams was not responsible for the trailer's music. A shame because I thought it was great.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-...-trailer-music/

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 04:49 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

But there are NO more Jedi... expect maybe Luke. But killing one guy is not really finish the work Vader ended some 40-50 years ago.

Agreed. Eradicating the Jedi won't be the Goal he's taken on. Especially when Vader's goal was never to kill Luke.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

and now someone combined all the trailers into one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIRoASL90EI

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 06:21 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

The trailer music is excellent, but it doesn't sound like it was done entirely by John Williams. Aside from the actual themes, a lot of the instrumentals are different from what he would typically use. I doubt he did the recording for it. However I love it.

EDIT: Just noticed the above article posted by Ares834. Well there you have it then. smile

Trailer itself looks great, but remember, trailers, especially for movies like these, are almost always better than the movie itself.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the internet people made a george lucas special edition verion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 06:54 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Wish I had that much time on my hands. Sucks having a job.

I like George.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

jeez, bitter much?

have a laugh, bruh. it's good for you.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 07:05 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I will definitely laugh if Luke frenches his sister again in this one.

I'm going to enjoy Episode 7 while it last. I heard Kathleen Kennedy will only allow women to view Episode 8 in theaters.

I like George.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 08:18 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I heard Kathleen Kennedy will only allow women to view Episode 8 in theaters.

i don't get it. confused

but yeah i hope they drop the whole incest thing for good.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 08:29 PM
ares834

He must have read it at #BoycottStarWarsVII.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 08:31 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

aaaaaaah the plot thickens.

i saw that twitter. very confusing.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 08:39 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I will definitely laugh if Luke frenches his sister again in this one.

I'm going to enjoy Episode 7 while it last. I heard Kathleen Kennedy will only allow women to view Episode 8 in theaters.

Not sure if you're serious here.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 10:12 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote