KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Would you want to see a Kenobi vs Vader fight in Rebels?

Would you want to see a Kenobi vs Vader fight in Rebels?
Started by: red8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
red8

Would you want to see a Kenobi vs Vader fight in Rebels?

Anakin and Kenobi fought Dooku in the TCW.
Would you want to see a penultimate showdown between Kenobi and Vader?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 12:00 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

it would destroy canon

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 12:17 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

No.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 04:37 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

50/50 and for different reasons:

The positive:

It'd be great to seen an updated version with newer interactions between the student and master. The relationship between the two has been morefleshed out since the release of A New Hope, and we know more about Anakin's descent and fall. It would be great to hear lines from Kenobi remarking about what Vader has become, and it would be interesting to see what Vader would say to Kenobi on what became of the Jedi and how he's changed throughout the years. Not to mention updated combat between the two would be a treat to see in 2015.

The Bad:

It would destroy or lessen their duel in the OT, and probably be treated with less than what it deserves.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 04:57 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
50/50 and for different reasons:

The positive:

It'd be great to seen an updated version with newer interactions between the student and master. The relationship between the two has been morefleshed out since the release of A New Hope, and we know more about Anakin's descent and fall. It would be great to hear lines from Kenobi remarking about what Vader has become, and it would be interesting to see what Vader would say to Kenobi on what became of the Jedi and how he's changed throughout the years. Not to mention updated combat between the two would be a treat to see in 2015.

The Bad:

It would destroy or lessen their duel in the OT, and probably be treated with less than what it deserves.

That and it would seem kinda out of place, since the Rebels show is following....well the Rebels.

Ya know speaking of that, why is it we always get shows that follow the good guys? Never any shows exploring the bad ones, well cartoon wise I mean, cause the POV could be turned around and have what is supposed bad guy be the good guy.

I mean the POV does really make a big difference. Empire could lay the smackdown on unruly pirate organizations, maybe hunting down erratic and crazy Force Users, hunt Rebel cells(not pertaining to the Rebels crew) so on and the like.

I mean the old EU had stories like that, where the Empire were the heroes so why not TV?

But anyway that's off topic.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Nov 12th, 2015 at 05:33 AM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 05:25 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Originally posted by redpill
it would destroy canon
This. So no thanks.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 04:13 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I'm down if handled right. Like in a vision ala Sidious vs. Yoda in the Clone Wars.

The North Remembers

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

They could fight, Vader could come off as better "Suit Vader" is a completely different beast from "Whiny Dark Anakin" and Kenobi underestimates him. Awesome fight, ending with Kenobi retreating while injured. Which could be why Vader was so surprised when he found out Kenobi was still alive in the movies. He thought he died once he ran off with his tail between his legs.

As for the show not following the villains, the medium and the network is the problem. Sure people die, but that's usually from blaster fire, or off panel, or implied(like when Grand Inquisitor just took a step forward with his saber at neck level).

If they followed the bad guys, people would be getting murdered left and right because the Imperials are pretty savage in this show. They were willing to starve an entire planet just to spite the rebels. There'd just be Inquisitors stabbing everybody in the face, Callus blasting people in the face. Vader Force Choking people...in the face.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:06 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by KingD19

If they followed the bad guys, people would be getting murdered left and right because the Imperials are pretty savage in this show. They were willing to starve an entire planet just to spite the rebels. There'd just be Inquisitors stabbing everybody in the face, Callus blasting people in the face. Vader Force Choking people...in the face.

Please that's hardly what the Empire does, they don't just go killing for the sake of killing. Otherwise there wouldn't be any supporters of the Empire, the GE is strict and harsh but as noted in Legends, you did have them being the 'heroes' as it were and they didn't just mindlessly kill.

But I guess you're right, the network and all that.

Still though Point Of View can be pretty strong and could turn bad guys into the good guys and the good guys into the bad guys.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It's not as extreme as my example which was basically me exagerrating, but let's be honest. No one on the bad side so far has had trouble mercilessly killing people, or watching them be killed. Callus didn't even flinch when Inquisitor removed those guys heads from their shoulders, neither did Tarkin who as we all know is a genocidal monster.

But if you followed any of the Force Users, they'd be cold blooded killers. ANd I don't mean shoot them with a red blaster bolt so you know they're dead, but you can just show them falling down and it's all good. People would get impaled, electrocuted to death, chopped up. Or they should be. And the bounty hunters would be nearly as bad.

I get what you mean about PoV, but the problem in Star Wars is that from day 1 it's pretty obvious the universe is mostly black and white. Black is bad, and Sith only wear black. And all the bad guys basically work for the Sith right now.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:38 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by KingD19
They could fight, Vader could come off as better "Suit Vader" is a completely different beast from "Whiny Dark Anakin" and Kenobi underestimates him. Awesome fight, ending with Kenobi retreating while injured. Which could be why Vader was so surprised when he found out Kenobi was still alive in the movies. He thought he died once he ran off with his tail between his legs.

The problem is it wouldn't match the dialogue in the film.

"When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

That's a clear callback to their duel in RotS. And no matter how it's handled, if the two duel once more it really doesn't fit.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 05:19 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

True to a point, although it's not like the GE are the only bad guys in the SWU. But this is treading to derailing the thread, so moving on.

I just don't see where Obi-Wan could be squeezed into Rebels really, he's watching over Luke after all. Having Obi-Wan come in to fight Vader...I just don't see fitting into Rebels at all.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 05:20 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Agreed. At most Ahsoka could contact him, but even then I doubt she's been in touch with him since the Clone Wars.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 09:24 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf

I just don't see where Obi-Wan could be squeezed into Rebels really, he's watching over Luke after all. Having Obi-Wan come in to fight Vader...I just don't see fitting into Rebels at all.

I'm sure they'll eventually do something with Kenobi, whether in Rebels, a Comic book or an Anthology film, where he does leave Tatooine and Luke for a short time for some important mission. Or perhaps the danger comes to Tatooine, and he has to lead it away from Luke.

But fighting Vader face to face again would be a big No No. Like Ares said, it just wouldn't fit with the ANH dialogue.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 11:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

it would destroy canon

thumb up

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 01:25 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

As I said if handled right they could do it. But it'd have to be in vision form rather than a legit face to face.

The North Remembers

Old Post Nov 15th, 2015 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

it would destroy canon
Having Kenobi fight Grievous prior to ROTS destroys canon since the dialogue prior to the fight (Grievious explaining that he has studied their Jedi arts and knows how to use lightsabers) makes it clear that they had never fought before. Nonetheless, this didn't stop TCW from having them meet and fight beforehand multiple times, destroying canon as a result. So it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with Rebels.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Come to think of it, sames goes for Anakin and Obiwan fighting Dooku between AOTC and ROTS. The ROTS duel clearly implies that they haven't seen each other since ("This time, we'll take him together!" and "my powers have doubled since last time, count!")

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote