KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Will Kylo Ren last longer than Darth Maul

Will Kylo Ren last longer than Darth Maul
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
atv2

Will Kylo Ren last longer than Darth Maul

Kylo Ren shows a lot of promise as a new generation sith and has features on him to make him iconic in the for the sequel trilogy. I'm just hoping that he will last longer than one episode and won't mess him over like they did Darth Maul in episode 1. We were given the impression that Maul was dead until the Clone Wars came in. I just hope that Kylo Ren will last for all 3 episodes in the sequel trilogy. What are your thoughts on him in the sequels?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 05:10 AM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

You guys don't give them much trust. They saw how not to make Star Wars movies with the prequels. They aren't idiotic enough to introduce a killer like this, market everything around his image and then kill him off like a b*tch.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 07:32 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup, I think he will come out a killer to be reckoned with. He may even be Rey's big three movie quest.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 01:04 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

I hope he'll last for all three episodes. I saw the image with him, Rey and Finn in the snow forest scene and he appears to be unmasked. They are already deciding to reveal him early(it's only a matter of time when they will show Kylo Ren's face, we just see his hair so far), which is going to open him to some vulnerability after this episode. For those who followed the original trilogy, we only got to the back of Vader's head in Episode 5, but they are going to reveal Ren's face in this episode. I was hoping that he would be revealed in episode 8, it seems when the movie comes out we get to see him unmasked early. If he does continue in the next two episodes I hope that he will keep his crossguard lightsaber because that was original for Ren and this series. To have him go back to a single blade at this point would make him lousy. If it proves that he is apart of the Skywalker line, whether through Leia or Luke, He needs to stay for all 3 episodes in the sequel.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 02:13 PM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I hope he does. I wonder if there will be an evolution in his lightsaber... his blade looks a little crummy...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 09:20 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He will definitely survive more than a movie but at least Star Wars brought Maul back. Killing him off prior to the retcon was a huge blunder on Lucas' part.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 01:01 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

IMO, Kylo will be around all three films..

in fact IMO Kylo might go good by the end of the film .. but won't know until I see the film

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 03:15 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
IMO, Kylo will be around all three films..

in fact IMO Kylo might go good by the end of the film .. but won't know until I see the film
laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 04:35 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

You may laugh now, but that's one of the top theories going around. It's plausible, but I'm not sure if it's what will actually happen.

It would be extremely interesting having the first film villain become a force for good for the rest of the trilogy. Lots of stories to be told with that. His new comrades not trusting him, people trying to exact revenge for some of the acts he did. Will he be locked away even after repent? etc. etc.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 04:37 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Would make sense, bit one movie for him to turn to good would be a bit quick. It could maybe work as a climax in Episode VIII.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 11:40 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
You may laugh now, but that's one of the top theories going around. It's plausible, but I'm not sure if it's what will actually happen.

It would be extremely interesting having the first film villain become a force for good for the rest of the trilogy. Lots of stories to be told with that. His new comrades not trusting him, people trying to exact revenge for some of the acts he did. Will he be locked away even after repent? etc. etc.
I did not laugh at that I laughed at him saying I won't know until he sees the film like that even needs to be said.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 04:57 PM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by quanchi112
He will definitely survive more than a movie but at least Star Wars brought Maul back. Killing him off prior to the retcon was a huge blunder on Lucas' part.

No it wasn't. The franchise went fine without him.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 10:08 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
No it wasn't. The franchise went fine without him.
Lucas iirc admitted he erred in that decision. He was brought back and the error was indeed corrected.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 11:45 PM
queeq
Chaos

Lucas erred on many counts.

And bring Maul back in TCW was totally stupid. Force back the money maker, please. In true PT style: it's not really motivated other that the scripts tells him to return.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 08:21 AM
batman
worlds best decective

I reckon he will last longer. I also think he's going to have more use than Darth Maul.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 03:11 PM
Click here to Send batman a Private Message Find more posts by batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Absolutely, he may even be the one that needs redeeming!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 06:40 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i think he's doomed, but we'll feel bad when he's killed.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Something like that will be just fine with me.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 01:59 PM
chilled monkey

Don't kid yourselves. He'll most likely be killed off so they can introduce a new villain in the next movie.

A new villain would mean more merchandising deals, the REAL reason this movie's being made.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 04:12 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

to be clear, i think he'll at least survive the first act.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 04:27 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote