KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Crossguard Lightsaber

Crossguard Lightsaber
Started by: Kickballjedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Well, as the late, great Alfred Hitchcock used to say: "It's only a movie."

If it bothers you, don't go. If you do and it's any good, you'll have a few hours of fun.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 08:11 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

I wish we had like buttons, or vote up/down buttons here.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I think the cross-guard lightsaber, the actual blade itself is one of the coolest sabers we've ever seen.

I love how it is emitting sparks and doesn't seem to be fully concentrated in a straight line.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

It reminds me of one of the Lightsaber styles in The Force Unleashed. The unstable blade I think. I wonder if that means the blade is more powerful against other sabers, like a Claymore hitting rapier. Damn, the more we talk about this shit, the more excited I get.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Or weaker. I saw this rendering of the sabre in Empire Magazine. There's even a red wire running along the outside of the hilt, attached by little clamps. It really looks like a amateurishly fabricated sabre. Which is kinda cool.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 07:47 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I think the cross-guard lightsaber, the actual blade itself is one of the coolest sabers we've ever seen.

I love how it is emitting sparks and doesn't seem to be fully concentrated in a straight line.

It looks like it could sputter out any moment.

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
The unstable blade I think. I wonder if that means the blade is more powerful against other sabers

Beg your pardon but that makes no sense. That's like thinking a rusty blade is somehow "more powerful" than a polished one. Anytime I see that I think, "one hit from a real lightsabre and that thing will fail immediately. It's barely holding together as it is."

Originally posted by queeq
It really looks like a amateurishly fabricated sabre. Which is kinda cool.

Yeah, it's so cool that the villain is armed with a barely functional piece of junk that he cobbled together from whatever bits he could find while the hero has a magnificent, perfectly made weapon. That really ups the tension.

That's sarcasm BTW.

Seriously, I do not understand how anyone could possibly find that thing appealing.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Dec 10th, 2015 at 03:11 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 03:05 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by chilled monkey
It looks like it could sputter out any moment.

Beg your pardon but that makes no sense. That's like thinking a rusty blade is somehow "more powerful" than a polished one. Anytime I see that I think, "one hit from a real lightsabre and that thing will fail immediately. It's barely holding together as it is."

Yeah, it's so cool that the villain is armed with a barely functional piece of junk that he cobbled together from whatever bits he could find while the hero has a magnificent, perfectly made weapon. That really ups the tension.

That's sarcasm BTW.

Seriously, I do not understand how anyone could possibly find that thing appealing.

Don't think of it as unstable, think of it as raw power.

The lightsaber hilt itself is ugly, but that's part of being built by an untrained person. The blade having that raw power and the arcing sparks...it's beautiful. It's something we've never seen in Star Wars, it's brutal.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 08:42 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

You took two separate sentences, put them together, and then tried to attack a point. What I said makes perfect sense. If that saber is creating so much power that it needs exhaust ports, it's obviously creating more than the newer conventional sabers that are toned down and better controlled.

An M60 is far more powerful than an M16, and thusly harder to control with much more kick (energy dispersion). If this has more raw power to it due to lack of refinement, then it's perfectly reasonable to assume it might hold an unknown advantage. Do you get it?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 01:57 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you would have to assume that the tech behind the saber is identical to modern sabers. for all we know, modern sabers may have an amplifying effect on the blade, rendering the kylo's blade a flashy noisy rattlebox with no balls...like a pimped out 92 civic. whats the point it getting into a heated debate over it when nobody really knows anything.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 11th, 2015 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 02:31 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
whats the point it getting into a heated debate over it when nobody really knows anything.

We have to pass the time until next week. big grin

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 06:25 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed.

Besides, I like it. A rough sabre used by someone who knows how to use it vs. someone with a perfect weapon who doesn't. Sounds like the best of ambiguity... or irony. Which usually amps a movie. Something the PT totally lacked.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 09:07 AM
Darth Subjekt

yea, we will soon see. smile

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 03:53 AM
queeq
Chaos

Three days for most, two for me. evil face

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 10:27 AM
Darth Subjekt

5 minutes for me!!!!!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 12:40 AM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

4 hours, 3 minutes for me. Leaving in an hour to make the hour long drive and grab dinner before going in.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 12:57 AM
queeq
Chaos

Have fun!

And... I am really curious how you like it!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:40 AM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by queeq
Have fun!

And... I am really curious how you like it!

I thought it was amazing. I'll post in the discussion thread.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 10:05 AM
queeq
Chaos

Saw it!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 10:21 AM
atv2

I only did some research online, Kylo Ren is not Luke Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 05:14 AM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I liked the crossguard lightsaber.....

hopefully for ep 8 there will be another different type/shape lightsaber

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 07:28 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote