KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Force Awakens World Priemiere

The Force Awakens World Priemiere
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aurbere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"You know what Vader. **** you." --Princess Leia

Maybe that's not so good of an idea. Don't you know what black people do to white girls when they mouth off? sad

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 03:01 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Aurbere
Maybe that's not so good of an idea. Don't you know what black people do to white girls when they mouth off? sad
LOL

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 03:02 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So any non-spoiler reviews/reactions yet?

I called it a long time ago that this will be the first SW movie to get positive critical consensus from the movie's release.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 02:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So any non-spoiler reviews/reactions yet?

I called it a long time ago that this will be the first SW movie to get positive critical consensus from the movie's release.
http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ming-experience

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 03:03 PM
Darth Thor

thumb up

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i'd just like to remind everyone that TPM also received nearly unanymous rave reviews after it's world premier screening. not to throw cold water on it all, but i'll remain cautiously optimistic in my fanhype.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i'd just like to remind everyone that TPM also received nearly unanymous rave reviews after it's world premier screening. not to throw cold water on it all, but i'll remain cautiously optimistic in my fanhype.

No it didn't. Critics were tearing it apart from day 1.

I remember, because it was pretty much a "fact" that it sucked before i even saw it. So my expectations were pretty low.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 11:00 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by |King Joker|
She seems happy most of the time so that's good.

Still... it's probably the result of the ECT therapy lol

laughing out loud

That's... too cruel of a comment, actually. Funny, yes. But c'mon.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 11:17 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Aurbere

laughing

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 11:18 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Darth Thor
No it didn't. Critics were tearing it apart from day 1.

I remember, because it was pretty much a "fact" that it sucked before i even saw it. So my expectations were pretty low.

the majority of audiences were jacked from beginning to credits. fanhype is a powerful intoxicant, especially when it's been pent up for 15+ years.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

First reviews are out in Holland: 4/4.5 out of 5 stars... Not bad.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 07:55 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

So far, with almost 30 reviews it sits at 100% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

I expect some bad reviews to officially be posted soon, can't please everyone.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 08:19 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

From the reviews I've read, Kylo Ren seems to be a major highlight.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 08:26 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
So far, with almost 30 reviews it sits at 100% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

I expect some bad reviews to officially be posted soon, can't please everyone.

Oh wow... there were none this morning when I woke up. And now, three hours later: lots of RT reviews. Cool.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 11:21 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Some negative reviews are making their rounds....and many of the big criticisms was one of my worst fears. sad Even some of the positive ones mentioned it too.

Oh well. Will judge for myself after I see it. Not going opening night though. I want to see the movie when I don't have to listen to people cheering every time Harrison Ford opens his mouth.

Also Basher Teg is right. Initial reaction to Phantom Menace was nothing but absolute praise. Not that I ever had anything against it anyway, but almost every prequel was released to initial praise.

Attack of the Clones was a "major improvement over it's predecessor. Star Wars is back on track." Now everyone thinks it's the worstest movie ever made. Revenge of The Sith was "Lucas finally redeems himself. Episode III is the second best Star Wars ever made, only second to ESB." Now everyone hates that one too.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Initial reaction to Phantom Menace was nothing but absolute praise.

Absolute? I think not.

A quick Google search for early TPM reviews showed me there were quite a few initial reviews by critics who hated the movie.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 08:29 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I saw it!!!!

In short: good fun. Harrison Ford rules. Best villain since ROTJ. It's no ESB, in my Book that movie still reigns supreme. But it outshines the PT with great ease. Simple because these characters work!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 09:05 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Absolute? I think not.

A quick Google search for early TPM reviews showed me there were quite a few initial reviews by critics who hated the movie.

I was referring to the actual "premiere night" itself. There is video proof of this.
But if you want to get all technical on me, maybe absolute wasn't the correct word.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by queeq
I saw it!!!!

In short: good fun. Harrison Ford rules. Best villain since ROTJ. It's no ESB, in my Book that movie still reigns supreme. But it outshines the PT with great ease. Simple because these characters work!

thumb up

Awesome to hear!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 09:31 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote