KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

absolutely OT star wars left questions temporarily unanswered, and deliberately so. so long as there is a point to the delay (yoda hinting at there being "another" in ESB) vs some pointless trivia that leaves a breadcrumb trail to nothing (syfo dias).

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 18th, 2015 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

No excuse bro. Even in ANH we had Tarkin say the Imperial Senate has been dissolve and the regional governors now have direct control of their territories. I mean we get a nice idea of the state of the galaxy with the meeting of the Joint Chiefs.

You get no information at all about the Republic or the treaty between the Republic and the First Order. Shit that would literally take a sentence to explain.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

[further thoughts]what if it really is "r2 just woke up. the end." it wasn't driven as a plot point. however luke may have left r2 for a purpose, a character who appeared only with him previous to the end of the film. must they break the final tension with mystery-luke just so its answered?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 18th, 2015 at 03:42 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It's not. It's just a kind of a gimmick to give R2 more than just a 'hello'. The same with 3PO's red arm: that had absolutely no purpose at all. All it does is raise the question: why does he have a red arm? Simply because he makes such a point about it himself. And later even says: yes, I should put back by own arm? I mean: what's this???

They might just as well have had them there working among the other personnel. Now it's just weird. But okay, it's very short. So it's not bothersome.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it was stupid that he mentioned it. i agree on that. but 3p0 has always said inappropriate things. also, he already had a mismatched leg in the OT. maybe he can only opt for used replacement parts.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 18th, 2015 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:45 PM
queeq
Chaos

He never said anything about the leg though. And to assume that Solo wouldn't recognise him because he has a red arm is also kinda dumb.

It was nice to see them again, but the way they were written were kinda meh...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:52 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
It's not. It's just a kind of a gimmick to give R2 more than just a 'hello'. The same with 3PO's red arm: that had absolutely no purpose at all. All it does is raise the question: why does he have a red arm? Simply because he makes such a point about it himself. And later even says: yes, I should put back by own arm? I mean: what's this???

They might just as well have had them there working among the other personnel. Now it's just weird. But okay, it's very short. So it's not bothersome.
im guessing the red arm thing is just a money grab on disneys part since there is a 3po one shot comic releasing in feb that tells the story of his red arm.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good point. laughing out loud

And since everyone already has a regular 3PO action figure, they can now buy new ones.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:57 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by queeq
He never said anything about the leg though. And to assume that Solo wouldn't recognise him because he has a red arm is also kinda dumb.

extremely dumb. almost as dumb as thinking that surrender to the empire was a perfectly acceptable alternative in extreme circumstances. going so far as to suggest that they may be gracious enough to

anyway they certainly could have picked a funnier and more clever way for 3p0 to annoy han.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:02 PM
queeq
Chaos

Agree.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:10 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

poor han :'(

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:24 PM
Impediment
Endless

I posted but it was ignored. miffed

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Watching it again tonight hopefully. Can't wait to see the post-crawl opening shot of the Star Destroyer again, probably the best opening shot of any Star Wars film other than the first one.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Impediment

So, you said that Chewie didn't have a moment.

The EU remark about the books was totally irrelevant, because: EU. We don't discuss that here.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:39 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Impediment

about the nonchalant dispatching? i liked it.

"the lannisters send their regards"

im just gonna miss han, thats what i was on about.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:41 PM
Impediment
Endless

Chewbacca deserved to have a moment, yes. Han's death just seemed so casual to me.

The Game of Thrones reference is lost to me. Not a fan at all.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

similar quick dispatching. no last words. no last act of heroism. buh bye.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:44 PM
Impediment
Endless

I watched 7 or 8 episodes of season one of GoT and said "Bye, Felicia."

I do like how Luke looked at the end. Mark Hamill is now the same age as Alec Guiness was in ANH.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:47 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

we should all remember how most of the spoiler info from filming time were pure bullshit. i'm gonna ignore it from here on. i suspect jj of taking part in poisoning the well. remember the chewie robotic arm thing?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:52 PM
queeq
Chaos

He looked great.

And Han's death was fine by me. 30 years overdue. ;-)
And he got the greatest shots/scenery to die in. So great send off.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 04:52 PM