KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Chewbacca deserved to have a moment, yes. Han's death just seemed so casual to me.

The Game of Thrones reference is lost to me. Not a fan at all.
i agree it seemed to get swept under the rug rather quickly. It also made me wonder what landos up to if hes even still alive, and if their gonna have a scene where he hears the bad news.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
extremely dumb. almost as dumb as thinking that surrender to the empire was a perfectly acceptable alternative in extreme circumstances. going so far as to suggest that they may be gracious enough to

anyway they certainly could have picked a funnier and more clever way for 3p0 to annoy han.
Tbh the funniest moment in the film for me was when Threepio's face popped up and he was all like "it is I C-3PO!" laughing out loud
Originally posted by Scribble
Watching it again tonight hopefully. Can't wait to see the post-crawl opening shot of the Star Destroyer again, probably the best opening shot of any Star Wars film other than the first one.
Yeah that was great.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The opening crawl itself was dissapointing, though. It explained none of the politics that it should have, only the "force" side of things.

In fact, that's part of the story that really, unexpectedly bothered me. Everything was about the Force. Even Poe Dameron was talking about the balance in the first scene. I mean, you could tell this was written by a fanboy, tbh. The treatment of the force is just... Off, not right.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:18 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

agreed about the opening crawl.

oh and that one scene where poe takes out like 12 tie fighters in 8 seconds...that was a bit much unless they intend to make him a jedi.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 18th, 2015 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Watched it last night. Liked it a lot. Will watch it again tonight. It did seem cheesy at moments but pretty bad ass at others.

Phasma didn't do anything... I felt that was a waste.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:30 PM
Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Impediment
Chewbacca deserved to have a moment, yes. Han's death just seemed so casual to me.

The Game of Thrones reference is lost to me. Not a fan at all.

Its a reference to including politics but not boring the audience.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The acting was possibly on par with the greatest of the OT moments. Boyenga and all of the cast absolutely put their hearts in the film, and outshined the OT cast in every way in the passion they put from their facial expressions to expressing their dialogue.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:54 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by carthage
The acting was possibly on par with the greatest of the OT moments. Boyenga and all of the cast absolutely put their hearts in the film, and outshined the OT cast in every way in the passion they put from their facial expressions to expressing their dialogue.
Nah, they were excellent but they didn't have as good a dynamic as the OT crowd.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I liked Poe Dameron actually. For the first time we see a pilot know to be very good, and we actually SEE him be very good.

And yeah, Phasma... what an obsolete character was that. You think she is still alive?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 06:11 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I laughed like a horse when Finn gave BB-8 a thumbs up and BB-8 returned it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I think the cast is actually amazing. I hope they let Finn plow Rey by the end of it though and Poe doesn't swoop in for the kill steal

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Plow Rey? Wow... how womantic. wink

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 06:17 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by queeq
I liked Poe Dameron actually. For the first time we see a pilot know to be very good, and we actually SEE him be very good.

And yeah, Phasma... what an obsolete character was that. You think she is still alive?

too good to not be strong with the force imho. that one scene was way over the top enough to where he alone could have changed the whole ending of rotj where all the ties are shot down and lando casually glides the falcon into the death star.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

K, Han Solo death hit me went the lightssaber went through him. It was something when ren said "I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it". Saw his death coming when he said that, but was still shocking to me. Now it seems supreme leader snoke will have to complete Rens training as he needed to kill his father first. He's a puppet just like Vader was, except this time it's snoke running the strings
I'm not totally convinced Han is dead though but probably. Leia didn't seem too upset about his death?

Now Snoke must be a sith. Wasn't much explanation of snoke in episode 7 as it's obviously setting up for episode 8.

The ending, wow, Luke to be the new yoda with Rey.

Oh, what's with the blue lightsaber that belonged to Luke? Luke lost his blue one (originally anakins) in esb when Vader cut Luke's hand off. In episode 6 Luke had a green lightsaber. My guess is that Luke built a new one after episode 6...

I could go on, but that's my initial take.....

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 08:46 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i think luke had planted the saber deliberately so that ren would find it. struck me as way too odd that an object she never saw would trigger force-flashbacks like that. almost like he put the same spell on it that yoda may or may not have done for that cave in ESB.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 08:54 PM
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Well, it is kind of Star Wars. Say what you want, but it lacked Lucas's touch. Not that he should have made the movie alone (you can't trust him with that anymore), but the man knows how to add things that attract fans.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

he just sucks at taking part in a production without holding sway over everything. i would have preferred him stay on board for collaboration, but nowadays he completely lacks the ability to compromise in the creative process. at least as far as star wars goes.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:06 PM
queeq
Chaos

Oh yeah, we all remember Jar Jar. That attracted a lot of fans.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:07 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by JediRobin23
I'm not totally convinced Han is dead though but probably. Leia didn't seem too upset about his death?

Except Leia completely felt the death in the Force...they wouldn't have included her scene if he didn't actually die.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:11 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Of course he's dead. If the saber didn't kill him, the fall did. And even if that didn't kill him, the implosion of the planet certainly did. It's over guys, Han had a great run and a good death. Let him rest in peace.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:12 PM