KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » PT reboot?

Would you like to see Disney remake the Prequel Trilogy?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 5 29.41%
No 12 70.59%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PT reboot?
Started by: NewLanceWindu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

PT reboot?

Now that Disney owns Star Wars and bringing it back to form, would you be opposed to them trying to fix the Prequels? Completely redoing them to fix everything that was off/weird/continuity/badly acted/etc.

I want to say the outline of the PT works, but the directing was all over the place and the acting suffered because of it. The CGI hasn't aged well and the digital sets were terrible. Some re-working of the story could make everything mesh together a lot better.

Thoughts?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 07:24 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No. I'm not a fan but they are what they are and they have people who do enjoy them. I'd rather they create their own stories instead.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 07:32 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

No and they are fine, so saying "to fix" implies that something is wrong factually when it's all opinion. I thought the movies were fine, sorry that some couldn't follow along with what was going on.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yes, the prequels are factually wrong and should be fixed ASAP.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

They are in no position to fix anything. They should seriously start thinking about fixing their own story.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

technically it would not be a reboot, but a remake.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 19th, 2015 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup. And I think they'r gonna let it be and continue with the other five movies they have planned. I think they have their work cut out.

And if they ever do, they'd probably wait until after Lucas has passed away, out of respect.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:49 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Disney, in 20 or so years, tried to completely remake the OT.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
No and they are fine, so saying "to fix" implies that something is wrong factually when it's all opinion. I thought the movies were fine, sorry that some couldn't follow along with what was going on.

How does Leia remembering her real mother in ROTJ but Padme dying right after she's born in ROTS not equate to being factually wrong?

Anakin building Threepio is one of the stupidest plot points that adds nothing except for a way to introduce the droid.

The acting alone is grounds to reshoot the movies. It's not that I "couldn't follow along" it's that the movies were poorly made.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 09:29 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Impediment
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Disney, in 20 or so years, tried to completely remake the OT.

They will never do that. The OT is the classic that still works to this day. The backlash would be too great.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 09:30 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
technically it would not be a reboot, but a remake.

Tomato potato.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 09:31 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Gambler
They are in no position to fix anything. They should seriously start thinking about fixing their own story.

TFA's story was right as rain for me. Could have used a few more scenes in between others to flesh it out some more, but the overall story was still great.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 09:32 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
How does Leia remembering her real mother in ROTJ but Padme dying right after she's born in ROTS not equate to being factually wrong?

Anakin building Threepio is one of the stupidest plot points that adds nothing except for a way to introduce the droid.

The acting alone is grounds to reshoot the movies. It's not that I "couldn't follow along" it's that the movies were poorly made.

1. The Force? But fine sure, let's go with that one, doesn't make all the movies wrong.

2. So?

3. Again opinion.

They are enjoyable, all have received mixed reviews and made bank. Just the hate is the loudest.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Zenwolf
1. The Force? But fine sure, let's go with that one, doesn't make all the movies wrong.

2. So?

3. Again opinion.

They are enjoyable, all have received mixed reviews and made bank. Just the hate is the loudest.

Absolutely not opinion. The acting is factually terrible. Even some of the actors note that their work in the PT was subpar. It doesn't fall on them, it falls on Lucas.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 09:46 PM
coolmovies

Lets distroy them and make them again

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 09:51 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

No. The prequels belong to Lucas and I don't know why people don't respect that...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 10:01 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by JediRobin23
No. The prequels belong to Lucas and I don't know why people don't respect that...

Cause why should they?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

tbh, as long as GL is among the living, i think it would be in poor taste to shitcan the PT. besides there's plenty of possibilities for great SW movies for the next 10-20 years without having to dwell on the same saga/time/family. i do hope to see it happen within my own lifetime though.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Nope.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 12:12 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think it would be a good idea at some point. Maybe not for 10+ years, but it would be nice if the prequel trilogy was relatively watchable outside of Revenge of the Sith. Like I said in another thread, there's a great story to be told there, they just need to get the it in the hands of a competent and passionate filmmaker this time.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 01:22 AM
Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote