KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » PT reboot?

Would you like to see Disney remake the Prequel Trilogy?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 5 29.41%
No 12 70.59%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PT reboot?
Started by: NewLanceWindu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Sure.

Let's also remake: Star Trek Insurrection, Star Trek Nemisis & Battlefield Earth.

The prequels aren't....that....bad. There were shortcomings, and, despite the fact that no one will admit it, there were strengths. Plenty of memorable moments from each one, and plenty of things that could have been better, but such is life. No film is perfect.

Why are people worried about the PT now that an ultra perfect flawless mega masterpiece has been released?

Spider-Man 3 lead to a reboot, and look how that turned out.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 01:55 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think it would be an artistically empty exercise to remake the sequels (unless in some far future someone decides to remake all of SW from scratch- never impossible).

Instead, people should use new works not to try and wipe out the prequels (which I am a bit suspicious about with JJ Abrams) but to build on some of the ideas in them that were actually good (but generally poorly implemented)- then you can, in a way, make the prequels more worthwhile.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 12:24 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gambler
They are in no position to fix anything. They should seriously start thinking about fixing their own story.
Honestly, ROTS >>> TFA imo.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 01:04 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by Zenwolf
1. The Force? But fine sure, let's go with that one, doesn't make all the movies wrong.

2. So?

3. Again opinion.

They are enjoyable, all have received mixed reviews and made bank. Just the hate is the loudest.

This

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 01:42 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No. Continue on with the sequels and anthology films but they should remain untouched. Rots is awesome and I'd be pissed if they tried to redo that. Go forward not backward.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:25 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think redoing them is better than like going back and trying to fix parts (though, who would do such an insane thing anyways).

People can still have the old Prequels, but people who'd like them to make a bit more sense can have new ones, seems fair.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:27 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Zenwolf
1. The Force? But fine sure, let's go with that one, doesn't make all the movies wrong.

2. So?

3. Again opinion.

They are enjoyable, all have received mixed reviews and made bank. Just the hate is the loudest.

There's a lot more wrong with PT apart from the fact that from a storytelling point of view these moves are as flawed as the OT is good.

The major problem is that the PT denies all the facts we know from the OT.

1. OB1 got to know Anakin when he was already a great pilot. He certainly didn't mean he was a good pod racer (who had never finished a race until the one when OB1 was around) In the comics and novelisations of the movies (also canon) we learn that OB1 and Anakin met DURING the Clone Wars, where Anakin was a great pilot of a fighter or something. Hence the comparison with Luke's T-16 flying Beggar's Canyon and his reputation as being 'the best pilot of the outer rim territories'. Luke didn't do pod racers, he FLEW a 'plane'.

2. OB1 said that Anakin was strong with the Force and he thought he could train him just as well as Yoda did. The PT tells us QGJ found him and wanted to train him. OB1 got to train him because QGJ and the Jedi Council wanted him to do it. he got STUCK with Anakin.

3. From the conversation in Yoda's house in ESB we never get the idea that OB1 was a reckless three year old waving his lightsaber against Millennium Falcon remotes. He was clearly trained as a young man by Yoda.

4. We also learn from Vader that OB1 once thought there was still good in Anakin. Now, I don't see that anywhere in the PT. The moment OB1 opposes Anakin after his fall, it's a fight (dancing, swinging, twirling, surfing) that ends in Anakin being a limbless piece of bacon. They don't meet until the Death Star

5. Vader says in ANH: when I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master. In the ROTS Anakin is a fully trained Jedi Knight, a Master even, the youngest ever. From the Clone Wars series we learn that he has a padawan.

I mean, the list goes on. And on. It's also clear in the OT that Leia stayed with her mom before being adopted by the Organa's and Luke was taken elsewhere. Owen Lars was OB1 brother... I mean, Lucas changed his mind so much that everything got muddled.

I think if you want to remake the PT, it should be three movies starting after the beginning of the Clone Wars (in ANH we drop in the middle of a Galactic Civil war), we don't need to know how it started, just that we get a vehicle for Palpy to wriggle gis way into power.
We need to see 1,5 movies of great heroics of a likeable Anakin and maybe his fall at the end of EpII. Then EPIII is about OB1 trying to turn back the 'good man that was once' Anakin, thinking, there was 'still good in him'. The end of EPIII would then be a gritty, ugly fight between two brothers. And all we need for that is a slope and some lava at the bottom. Not a lot of weird droids and ropes to swing on.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:58 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'd watch it

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Bardock42
I think redoing them is better than like going back and trying to fix parts (though, who would do such an insane thing anyways).

People can still have the old Prequels, but people who'd like them to make a bit more sense can have new ones, seems fair.

If that's in reference to me, I didn't mean 'go back and try to fix parts', I mean 'work with the parts that worked when making films now'.

Which the new film did immediately with balance of the Force.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Sinious

This

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up

Anyway it's never going to happen. It would be completely disrespectful to George Lucas, who Lucasfilm, Disney and J.J have publicly praised. In light of that, and on top of the fact that many fans would be opposed to the idea, marketing it would be a PR disaster.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Yup.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 12:54 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I wouldn't mind an alternate universe kinda thing like Abram's Star Trek that changes the plotline. But since that's already been done in Star Trek...nah.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 01:03 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ushgarak
If that's in reference to me, I didn't mean 'go back and try to fix parts', I mean 'work with the parts that worked when making films now'.

Which the new film did immediately with balance of the Force.

Oh no, it wasn't meant as reply to you, just a little jab at Lucas' tendency to change the OT. I do agree with you that the new movies should expand on what was good in the PT, in the way that they already sort of did. However I think that doesn't preclude at some point redoing the Prequels in a different way, to work with the OT and the new movies as well. The thing is I don't think it would even be necessary to talk about Canon at all, you can treat both as different options, and can just go with whatever you prefer, I think.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 01:14 PM
Bentley
Seitei

The OT was weak, so the PT fixed it thumb up

Now, into a more serious note, the Prequels gave us a big universe with a variety of factions, powerful characters to explore the lore of the Force and several locations to expand the universe. Both have a lot of color, which is one of the strenghts of the franchise and the PT is thankfully very different to the original series, because of that, future films will be richer and able to draw inspiration of a bigger lore.

It was of critical importance than the PT strayed from the OT, that's its biggest strenght.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 03:40 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

The PT had strengths, I do agree that it did some great world building, but it's strength were none of the things that contradicted the OT, and it is weighed down by a pretty stupid story and mainly unlikable main characters.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 04:43 PM
queeq
Chaos

The greatest strength of the PT is that there are some excellent ideas behind it. The execution is utterly horrible though.

But now we have TFA and there is balance of good and bad SW movies. Well, almost. I'd like more good SW movies than lousy ones. wink

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 04:46 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Whether people enjoyed the PT or not I don't think anyone could deny that each one of them was very Original and full of Imagination. TFA is honestly the first SW movie to lack Originality and Imagination IMO.

It's just a shame Lucas didn't/couldn't execute Jar Jar Binks, Whiny Anakin and the Anakn/Padme love story better.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

we cant change the PT now thats the way its gonna stay

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 08:25 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Same with TFA.

You know, TFA is a classic Hollywood: more of the same but different. And I can certainly appreciate that it DOES feel different, I was entertained (twice so far) and that doing something like that is extremely hard. Lots of kudos from my end and looking forward to other movies.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 08:49 PM