KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Live Action Ahsoka Tano?

Live Action Ahsoka Tano?
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Live Action Ahsoka Tano?

Let's say that some anthology film or live action TV show is announced and Ahsoka Tano is going to be in it (let's say during the OT timeline). Do you have any ideas who you would want to play her? Could Ashley Eckstein, her voice actress, do it? I've even heard Zoe Saldana suggestions, too. But yeah, if you had to pick an actress, who would it be?

Or maybe another question: Would you even like to see a live action Ahsoka, either in an anthology film or otherwise?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 07:02 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Chloe Grace Moretz.
Ashley but eh idk.
Emma Watson?

Also, Emma Roberts for Barriss.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Zoe Saldana has already been blue and green, why not orange?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

As cool as Ahsoka might be, death is the only option I'd want for her at this point.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 08:22 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
As cool as Ahsoka might be,
(please log in to view the image)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
death is the only option I'd want for her at this point.
Well, for the sake of the thread... a live action Ahsoka story could take place before her confrontation with Vader.

Even then, I'm not sure if Dave will have her die to Vader. The outcome won't be pleasant for her obviously, but he's said that he doesn't want Ahsoka's character to just service Vader; he wants her to stand on her own. So her dying just to further the tragedy of Vader or whatever is unlikely.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 09:59 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Okay, is it just me, or does Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka's voice actress) look incredibly similar to Rebels Ahsoka? I wonder if they animation crew did that on purpose...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 10:34 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Is that Ashley? Where's it from?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Yeah, it's Ashley, and she just decided to dress up as TCW Ahsoka and do a photoshoot I guess.

I think this is the original article: http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2012/0...mplete-the-fan/

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 11:07 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Yeah, it's Ashley, and she just decided to dress up as TCW Ahsoka and do a photoshoot I guess.

I think this is the original article: http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2012/0...mplete-the-fan/

I've never seen that before, but I heard she looked just like Ahsoka. And yeah she did. Seeing that I think she would be the best person to play Ahsoka in Live Action, IF it ever happened. But I doubt it would ever happen.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 11:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Cool, and Ahsoka is definitely looking a lot more Caucasian than before. Not really a fan though, she should have looked like this:

http://lightsaberrattling.com/wp-co...kaTanoOlder.jpg

mad

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 12:58 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I've never seen that before, but I heard she looked just like Ahsoka. And yeah she did. Seeing that I think she would be the best person to play Ahsoka in Live Action, IF it ever happened. But I doubt it would ever happen.
The thing with Ashley is that her live action experience is limited (even though that was where she got her start, she's never really been in something "legitimate" I guess. She's been in crappy TV shows in the early-mid 2000s, and they were all pretty minor roles.) Basically, I question how good her acting would be in a legit movie or live action show playing a major role - not some ridiculous recurring character on That's So Raven.

What she would have going for her is that she looks a lot like Rebels Ahsoka, and that she's pretty fantastic voicing her. Whether that is translatable to live action is suspect, though. If she has Dave Filoni directing her she may be able to do a great job, who knows? But even he has no experience with live action.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Cool, and Ahsoka is definitely looking a lot more Caucasian than before. Not really a fan though, she should have looked like this:

http://lightsaberrattling.com/wp-co...kaTanoOlder.jpg

mad
Yeah, she looks way cooler in that vision than in Rebels unfortunately.

At least she has white lightsabers now. *shrug*

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 05:31 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well anyway if they did a live action I think they've have to do better than paint her orange and slap some montrals on. Its too cartoony/panto. I imagine they'd have to overhaul her appearance to make it look realistic.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 02:12 PM
Zenwolf

I'd rather they not pull a Maul with her tbh.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 05:20 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well anyway if they did a live action I think they've have to do better than paint her orange and slap some montrals on. Its too cartoony/panto. I imagine they'd have to overhaul her appearance to make it look realistic.
Overhaul how? I mean, the makeup / special effects folks can do some great things these days. I think they could pull off the orange, but they'd definitely have to put extra effort into Ahsoka's montrals and lekku to make it look good.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I'd rather they not pull a Maul with her tbh.
What do you mean?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 07:06 PM
Zenwolf

What do you mean?

Like they just keep conveniently writing her out of bad situations so she can survive, despite the fact that the situation should have ended her.

They haven't done it yet with her, aside from her leaving the JO just to avoid Order 66 but with Maul...he survived getting cut in half...and then survived from captured by Sidious, then he survived via Talzin with Grevious, Dooku and Sidious in the battle and escaped.

They keep writing Maul into these situations where it's like they want his story to end, yet they keep dragging the character around for whatever reason.

I mean I guess they wanna save him to fight Obi-Wan again or Vader, but they could have done it better I think.

So that's what I mean, they haven't done it yet really, but they don't need her in such absurd situations to begin with.

Or better yet Boba Fett, he fell into a sarlacc what...3 times in Legends? He got out of them, then he had all this cancer and aging shit going on but found some magic needle that cured him of all that noise.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

It depends I think how they handle the Vader/Ahsoka situation. I agree with Dave (shockingly) that Ahsoka's purpose as a character shouldn't just be to service Vader. If she just dies to Vader, then, like... that's just kind of anticlimactic I feel, and I think there's probably better ways something like this could be handled that could evolve both Vader and Ahsoka as characters instead of just benefitting Vader.

That said, an Ahsoka live action show has tons of story potential. It could show how she became Fulcrum and her background before we see her in Rebels (I mean, that's a whole 15 years to explore) or we could maybe see the aftermath of her duel with Vader, assuming she survives and there's potential for a story afterwards.

Maybe Lucasfilm can go in Marvel's direction and do a Netflix show like Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Those shows were fantastic.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 07:24 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Overhaul how? I mean, the makeup / special effects folks can do some great things these days. I think they could pull off the orange, but they'd definitely have to put extra effort into Ahsoka's montrals and lekku to make it look good.
Well simply in a way that doesn't make her look identical to her appearance in Rebels, which again looks too panto. Just in the same way I wouldn't expect a live action Ventress to look like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PTnQeyGKu...ing+Academy.JPG

With Ahsoka I'd imagine her appearance to look similar to Shaak Ti:

(please log in to view the image)

i.e. more dramatic/less human bone structure, the montrals are more detailed and developed and uneven more natural looking skin tone. I definitely think they could pull it off, but I also expect it would be a distinct look from her animated appearances.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 09:30 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, the makeup crew would have to work magic to make Ahsoka look truly amazing and realistic, but it's definitely something that could be pulled off. I think the patterns on her montrals would especially look cool in live action.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 09:49 PM