KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who are the parents of Rey?

Who are the parents of Rey?
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Rey can't be their daughter because they never had one and never discuss one. Not to mention, Rey and Leia met for the first time at the very end of the movie. Not to mention, you'd think Han would mention that at some point before committing suicide by Knight of Ren.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 01:33 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

im convinced han didnt know of her. not entirely convinced about leia.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 01:36 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
im convinced han didnt know of her. not entirely convinced about leia.

If they were hiding her, then it's easy for them to play dumb...

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Dec 22nd, 2015 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 01:39 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

There is absolutely no chance she is Han and Leia's kid. None.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 02:09 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I could definitely see her being Luke's daughter. I just don't know who the mother would be...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 06:43 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Rebel95
I could definitely see her being Luke's daughter. I just don't know who the mother would be...

My bet on Rey's mom.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 06:58 AM
Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Rebel95

Are you joking??

After 30 years, and any Jedi academy taught by Luke that failed.....

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 08:04 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

????

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Dec 22nd, 2015 at 08:08 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 08:05 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

??????? We're all very confused?

???

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 12:02 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by ares834
Luke.

Kylo was the one who stranded her on Jakku after he was unable to kill her during his attack on the Jedi. It works damn near perfectly.

"What girl?!"

I am not so sure. We hear a bit of a distorted voice. Sounds like Kylo, but could even be Snoke.

My problem with that theory is the age. Looks like the moment Rey's parents are taken away took place some 10-12 years ago. How old was Kylo at the time?? He must have been a kid himself... That doesn't strike me as very credible.

I think Snoke had something to do with this. And I agree with Ush: Rey's family background could go any way. And personally I hope she is not related.

The argument that the new trilogy is about the Skywalker family is still true when Rey is not a Skywalker. Simply because there is Kylo Ren/Ben Solo...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 12:33 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
No, we're in a galaxy with A, as in singular, Chosen One. And yes, there must be a bloodline because that's the entire focus of the saga. Anakin Skywalker and his family. erm

Except, Kathleen Kennedy has already said that the episodic movies are about the Skywalker family. The Force Awakening was obviously referring to it awakening in Rey, with the saber before and her defeating Ren at the very end. There's really no question at this point.
“The saga films focus on the Skywalker family. The stories follow a linear narrative that connects to the previous six films. The Force Awakens follows Return of the Jedi and continues that generational story. The Anthology films offer opportunities to explore fresh characters, new storylines, and a variety of genres inside the Star Wars universe.”

Your first thing is an assumption- the screenwriters can change that as much as they like. 'Chosen One' is just a name- the point is that someone can just be born to something, spontaneously. And JJ Abrams has said in interview that he doesn't like the idea of it having to be a bloodline, and with Kylo already doing the family approach, that leaves many options open for Rey's nature. I am afraid you can't close them off by relying on what you post there.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 22nd, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 12:48 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Originally posted by queeq
I am not so sure. We hear a bit of a distorted voice. Sounds like Kylo, but could even be Snoke.

My problem with that theory is the age. Looks like the moment Rey's parents are taken away took place some 10-12 years ago. How old was Kylo at the time?? He must have been a kid himself... That doesn't strike me as very credible.

I think Snoke had something to do with this. And I agree with Ush: Rey's family background could go any way. And personally I hope she is not related.

The argument that the new trilogy is about the Skywalker family is still true when Rey is not a Skywalker. Simply because there is Kylo Ren/Ben Solo...

Kylo is about 30 according to Pablo Hidalgo. So he was presumably around 20 during the attack.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 02:00 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

whatever the case, i'm pretty sure that her parantage will be significant to the story and her character arc. too many references to just drop it and forget it.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah I don't know why people are talking in absolutes - "She MUST be Luke's Daughter". I admit that's my assumption as well, but if that was 100% the case and we weren't supposed to keep guessing, then they would have just confirmed that in this film.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 03:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Your first thing is an assumption- the screenwriters can change that as much as they like. 'Chosen One' is just a name- the point is that someone can just be born to something, spontaneously. And JJ Abrams has said in interview that he doesn't like the idea of it having to be a bloodline,

They aren't going to just change anything they want regardless of how they feel. That's why the story group exists. Not to mention, JJ isn't even writing the story anymore, so his opinion means nothing. Finally, regardless of JJ's opinion, he does whatever LucasFilms lets him do, not the other way around.
quote:
and with Kylo already doing the family approach, that leaves many options open for Rey's nature. I am afraid you can't close them off by relying on what you post there.

Yeah, the story isn't about Kylo. No matter how much anyone wants to pretend that Kylo being Leia's son makes this a Skywalker story, it doesn't. Just like Luke being in Dark Forces didn't make that a Skywalker story. This is trilogy, from what we've seen, is obviously about Rey, and has been since day 1. That in conjecture with what we've seen so far, and making her just Rey Random, would be the most stupid thing I've seen in Star Wars since Jar Jar. The point isn't that they aren't possible; it's that they aren't logical.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 05:18 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

fairly certain that your implication that JJ had no say in the story is just completely false.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 05:20 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

It's good thing I never had that implication then. He's the producer. Not the writer. That is what I said.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 05:24 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well you're wrong about JJ's opinion in that case because JJ, Arndt and Kasdan between them have already set out the structure of the storyline- the others are not writing in a void. The answers are already there, already written. They've already set who Rey is. That ship has already sailed.

As to your comment about them not changing things like that- first, yes they can and might and second, your idea about Ren being there not making it a Skywalker continuation is, again, just an opinion, and not one I agree with. I think TFA is very clear in making it at least as much about Ren as Rey. He's getting a LOT of plot/character development. Your comparison with Dark Forces doesn't hold up to any amount of examination.

And again, her not being a Skywalker does NOT make her random- that's a false binary you are putting in there. There are a lot of options.

Don't confuse you not liking it with it not being logical.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 22nd, 2015 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 05:51 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

She's the daughter of a yet-to-be-revealed disciple of Obi Wan who refused to become a full jedi because he fell in love, but he couldn't have kids. She then became a miracle kid when the mother was very old.

Luke found out about this disciple through Ob1's ghost and thought he'd do a great second to found a new Jedi Order.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

or it could be luke's daughter, and that's the big revelation: that he deliberately broke the old jedi code.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 06:22 PM