KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin Skywalker in Episode 7 / 8

Anakin Skywalker in Episode 7 / 8
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Anakin Skywalker in Episode 7 / 8

Okay, so apparently there was some legitament talks to bring Hayden back to play Anakin's Force Ghost in Episode 7, as seen in this link: http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/t...-force-awakens/

So, I think now all the rumors that Hayden is going to reprise his role as Anakin Skywalker in Episode 8 has a good chance of being legit as well.

I think the concept of Anakin's ghost flowing back and forth between the light and dark to be an interesting concept that would be fun to see. What are your thoughts?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 10:16 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Though it could be done well Not sure why Anakin's ghost would be Schizophrenic. And Lucas made pretty clear there are no Dark Side ghosts. So not sure if it'd be a good idea to change that concept in Canon.

But I doubt it will happen given most the Prequel hate seems to be directed towards Jar Jar and Hayden. Then again Star Wars is the biggest movie franchise again so they can do what they want now.

Don't think anyone would complain about Ewan playing Obi-Wan's ghost though. So that would certainly be the safer move in terms of using Prequel characters.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Oh God, oh no...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Hayden was good in ROTS IMO, take away Lucas's actor directing, given Hayden's greater experience and Disney avoiding PTisms, I think Hayden as Anakin's ghost could definitely be done right.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Hayden was good in ROTS IMO,

thumb up

The Opera scene between him and Mcdiarmid/Palpatine was one of the best moments in the whole SW saga IMO.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Plagueis being a thing makes me 110% okay with midichlorians tbh

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

this idea is horrible and i hope the proposal was swiftly shot down.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Anakin was much older than Hayden when he died aboard the Death Star in RotJ, so I'm not sure why in the f*ck he'd be the force ghost... Just like I wasn't sure why in the f*ck Lucas superimposed Hayden's ghost atop the original during the final scene in RotJ:
(please log in to view the image)

Stupid is stupid.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

because in george lucas' "true original vision" (version 12.0.8, circa 2010) anakins' true spirit never aged while he was darth vader.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Christ almighty.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Completely ignoring that Shaw was too old to play Anakin in the first place, it's not that Anakin didn't age as Vader; it's that he would have no idea what an older him would look like, and that this is what he thinks Anakin Skywalker would look like.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 04:29 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

This is what Luke would think he looks like? A 20-something who's also the father of a 20-something?

Lucas has questionable motives for his creative decisions at the best times, this is just another wacky example.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Except Luke isn't the Force Ghost; Anakin is, so what Luke thinks Anakin looks like, which is a gray mass of scar tissue, has absolutely no bearing on this whatsoever. Of all the things copy and pasted from RotS for RotJ, this isn't really one of them worth complaining about.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 04:50 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Hayden was good in ROTS IMO, take away Lucas's actor directing, given Hayden's greater experience and Disney avoiding PTisms, I think Hayden as Anakin's ghost could definitely be done right.

He was awful in every way, I hope Disney doesn't drag up this garbage.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Completely ignoring that Shaw was too old to play Anakin in the first place, it's not that Anakin didn't age as Vader; it's that he would have no idea what an older him would look like, and that this is what he thinks Anakin Skywalker would look like.
I could buy the whole "residual self image" concept as it was applied in The Matrix, but here it's just tasteless self-service on Lucas' part.

If the appearance of a force ghost actually did fluctuate in accordance with one's personal view of themself(which is a silly concept in its own right), then Anakin's force ghost would have still looked like Vader--a primarily inorganic 'monster' is how he'd come to view himself over the years, after all. The organic/suitless version of his past self(circa RotS) had faded into a distant memory, at best.

Hell, how many years do you think it had been since Kenobi saw himself in a mirror? Yet he still looked like the same old man when he died. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 26th, 2015 at 07:54 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 07:39 PM
Darth Thor

Well since we don't even know how it is Anakin learned the Ghost trick, it's really not worth discussing how his ghost should look.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 11:26 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Galan007
I could buy the whole "residual self image" concept as it was applied in The Matrix, but here it's just tasteless self-service on Lucas' part.

If the appearance of a force ghost actually did fluctuate in accordance with one's personal view of themself(which is a silly concept in its own right), then Anakin's force ghost would have still looked like Vader--a primarily inorganic 'monster' is how he'd come to view himself over the years, after all. The organic/suitless version of his past self(circa RotS) had faded into a distant memory, at best.

Hell, how many years do you think it had been since Kenobi saw himself in a mirror? Yet he still looked like the same old man when he died. /shrug

Except the entire point of looking like Anakin is to not look like Vader? Also, who the hell forgets what they looked like? In a universe with holovids and the like? Seriously. I know what I looked like years ago, and I'm sure just about any person with long term memory does as well, especially when they are al-powerful demi-gods with intelligence out the a. Also, you honestly think Kenobi doesn't know what he looks like and hasn't seen a mirror in twenty years? Really? Thinking it's silly is one thing, but this is just another entirely. The entire series is self-service, by the way; it was never meant to be anything else besides that and a money maker.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Dec 26th, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 11:36 PM
ares834

Having Anakin's ghost look like him right before he turned to the dark side undermines the whole idea that Vader had good in him the entire time. Rather it reinforces Obi-Wan and Yoda's flawed belief that Anakin "died" when he became Vader.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 12:15 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Right. That's dumb. Star Wars whole, "this is totes a completely different person," angle with morality never sits well. The good in him is supposed to be Anakin, as Luke tells him in RotJ. Vader as a concept wasn't and never was meant to be good. Like in any capacity.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 12:18 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Except the entire point of looking like Anakin is to not look like Vader? Also, who the hell forgets what they looked like? In a universe with holovids and the like? Seriously. I know what I looked like years ago, and I'm sure just about any person with long term memory does as well, especially when they are al-powerful demi-gods with intelligence out the a. Also, you honestly think Kenobi doesn't know what he looks like and hasn't seen a mirror in twenty years? Really? Thinking it's silly is one thing, but this is just another entirely. The entire series is self-service, by the way; it was never meant to be anything else besides that and a money maker.
Why are you getting so upset, lol?

Hayden's ghost being superimposed in RotJ is ridiculous, and cannot be logically justified from an in-universe POV. That is all I'm saying. smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 12:53 AM