KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who is Snoke?

Who is Snoke?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Palpatine told Anakin he killed Plagueis. Heck, he may have even thought he did. Palpatine's word on the subject doesn't make it a certainty, however. For all we know, there is much more to the story that Palpatine didn't tell Anakin. /shrug

What I find more curious is that IF Snoke=Plagueis, then why the name change? Why no 'Darth' title? confused

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Well plagueis didn't rule the galaxy then....palpatine did as he was the most powerful.

You think plageuis was just sleeping or frozen in carbonite...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 08:03 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Palpatine told Anakin he killed Plagueis. Heck, he may have even thought he did. Palpatine's word on the subject doesn't make it a certainty, however. For all we know, there is much more to the story that Palpatine didn't tell Anakin. /shrug

What I find more curious is that IF Snoke=Plagueis, then why the name change? Why no 'Darth' title? confused

In Legends Plagueis was trying to get rid of the rule of two if I recall correctly.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by JediRobin23
You think plageuis was just sleeping or frozen in carbonite...
Perhaps Plagueis' return from 'death' wasn't instantaneous. Perhaps it was many, many years in the making..?

Originally posted by Lord Stark
In Legends Plagueis was trying to get rid of the rule of two if I recall correctly.
I'm trying to steer clear of using that novel for now, because like you said: Legends.

But yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking as well. No more rule of two.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Don't care about the eu, but even in the eu, plagueis looks different, unless his head/brain shrunk....

Or the eu pictures are all wrong.

Anyway, too much eu/legends on this

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Dec 26th, 2015 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 08:30 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Probably the same reason Darth Sidious seemed to drop the Darth title after he declared himself Emperor.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 10:16 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

ALSO: It'd be pretty neat story wise if both Anakin and Kylo were seduced by the story of Darth Plagueis the wise. Like Rey was sick or something and Snoke taught him to save her using the Dark Side.

He'll be redeemed when he sees Rey, the very person he fell to the Dark Side for is in danger from Snoke.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

I certainly hope not.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 02:24 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by ares834
I certainly hope not.

I mean the alternative is some random dude, which I don't really like.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 02:32 AM
ares834

ares834 is online now!

I very much doubt that he is going to be "some random dude".

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 02:35 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He'll be redeemed when he sees Rey, the very person he fell to the Dark Side for is in danger from Snoke.
I really don't want this to be the case.

I'd prefer that to be Luke's cue to [re]enter the fray.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 03:17 AM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Snoke, Kylo, Finn, Rey...

These are all names that sound like they're coming from someone who's badly congested.

*sniff* Oh, hey Kylo, don mine my cowd. I Finn dat Rey went outthide fo a Snoke.

Personally the only name I have a prolem with is General Hux. Every time read it I think of Huxley Pig.

Anyway, I'm hoping Snoke is a brand-new character.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 04:34 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by ares834
I very much doubt that he is going to be "some random dude".

I mean there's not really any other villain who is relevant to the 6 movies aside from Plagueis. If the villain doesn't link the six movies it'll be pretty lame honestly. Who would you want Snoke to be?

I really don't want this to be the case.

I'd prefer that to be Luke's cue to [re]enter the fray.

Eh, I dunno. I hope so, but I'm not sure. Especially if they're worried about Luke overshadowing everyone.

The North Remembers

Last edited by Lord Stark on Dec 27th, 2015 at 06:11 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 06:09 AM
ares834

ares834 is online now!

I mean there's not really any other villain who is relevant to the 6 movies aside from Plagueis. If the villain doesn't link the six movies it'll be pretty lame honestly. Who would you want Snoke to be?

Don't see anything lame about it. But, I feel, bringing back Plagueis could easily undermine Palpatine.

As for what I want, well pretty much anything else. He could be some ancient dark sider or an apprentice of either Vader or Palpatine (though I doubt this considering he says he watched the GE rise and fall in the novel). As long as he has an interesting backstory like his face has I'll be happy.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 06:41 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Ugh, we don't need to have a callback to a character that had no screen-time, was only mentioned once, and was verbally killed off. Why are people so afraid of Snoke being an original creation? We don't need a pre-established backstory to very goddamn character.

Snoke is Plagueis.
Rey is Luke's daughter.
Finn is Lando's bastard.
Poe is the son of a clone soldier.
BB8 was built by Biggs.

God forbid we get a new character with his own story not established in the other trilogies.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Poe's parent have already been introduced. His mother was a Rebel pilot and his dad was in the military, but he wasn't a clone.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 02:52 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Poe's parent have already been introduced. His mother was a Rebel pilot and his dad was in the military, but he wasn't a clone.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Ugh, we don't need to have a callback to a character that had no screen-time, was only mentioned once, and was verbally killed off. Why are people so afraid of Snoke being an original creation? We don't need a pre-established backstory to very goddamn character.

Yes we do. Its not just Star Wars: The Force Awakens, its Star Wars Episode VII. Its supposed to be a continuation of the original story. It will significantly detract from the story if some random guy can threaten the existence of the New Republic, Luke and the other heroes.

quote:

Snoke is Plagueis.
Rey is Luke's daughter.
Finn is Lando's bastard.
Poe is the son of a clone soldier.
BB8 was built by Biggs.

Aside from 1 and 2 the rest of them are retarded. And as for 2, a huge part of the Star Wars saga has always been about the Skywalker family. That being said I'd be chill if Rey wasn't Luke's daughter. But the villain should be someone familiar that adds a level of threat on the level of Sidious. The only one in the canon I can think of is Plagueis.

quote:

God forbid we get a new character with his own story not established in the other trilogies.

Yes, God forbid that. Its far less interesting imo. Snoke is this ancient dark side being who's watched the rise and fall of the galactic empire. Why is he never mentioned before? Yes I'd prefer Plagueis to ass pull, villain of the week Snoke

@ares: it could be used to undermine Palps. OR indirectly hype him. Like 'Snoke was afraid to move with Sidious till in the picture'.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 04:57 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yes we do. Its not just Star Wars: The Force Awakens, its Star Wars Episode VII. Its supposed to be a continuation of the original story. It will significantly detract from the story if some random guy can threaten the existence of the New Republic, Luke and the other heroes.
Do you know what "pre-established" means? It means it was already set up in a previous film and now it's being used here. Luke is a pre-established character. So is 3P0. Or Leia.

Kylo is new, Hux is new, Poe is new, Finn is new, Rey is new, Maz Kanata is new, Max von Sydow is new, and so far, Snoke is new. Just like how the Emperor was new in ESB, and we didn't have to get a flashback trilogy to his rise to power to buy in to the fact that he ruled the galaxy. It's a space adventure, not a biographical documentary.

Aside from 1 and 2 the rest of them are retarded.
(please log in to view the image)

But the villain should be someone familiar that adds a level of threat on the level of Sidious. The only one in the canon I can think of is Plagueis.
It "should" be? Why? Like, aside from people who don't feel comfortable unless the dozen or so main characters of these films in a vast galaxy are all closely interconnected with each other, why "should" the new villain in the new sequel trilogy have to have been mentioned or used in the last trilogies? Why can't it be a new character who is revealed to the audience to have had a connection to Palpatine?

He could have been the Emperor's accomplice, the Emperor's brother, the Emperor's secret Super Emperor, or the Emperor's other apprentice. Or something. Like, let him have a connection to Palpatine, sure. By why Plagueis specifically? Why MUST it be something we heard in the PT or OT? Why can't he be someone connected to Palpatine or Vader, and still be wholly original in his own right?

Yes, God forbid that. Its far less interesting imo. Snoke is this ancient dark side being who's watched the rise and fall of the galactic empire. Why is he never mentioned before? Yes I'd prefer Plagueis to ass pull, villain of the week Snoke
Has that already been established in a cross-section or encyclopedia somewhere? That Snoke watched from the shadows the rise and fall of the Empire? If so... ehhhh. Not a fan of that. Too much of the in the SW franchise over the years. The True Sith, the Lost Sith, the One Sith, the Rule of Two, the Vong. Even Thrawn kind of. All in the background biding their time. Overused.

If it's not established, then... not an issue. He's an up-and-comer Dark Overlord who was connected to the Emperor? Or was the leader of a cult of Palpatine worshipers? Iunno. Don't care either, so long as it's handled well. But the weight of it's handling certainly does not require Snoke's origin to have been mentioned in the other films.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Dec 28th, 2015 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:18 AM
ares834

ares834 is online now!

thumb up

As for Snoke watching the rise and fall of the Empire, it's from the novelization.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:47 AM