KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Did George Lucas realize Episode 1 was a bad movie?

Did George Lucas realize Episode 1 was a bad movie?
Started by: batman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batman
worlds best decective

Did George Lucas realize Episode 1 was a bad movie?

This link seems to indicate he realized it sucked - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KseqzmcqQBQ

Does he know it was bad?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 05:39 PM
Click here to Send batman a Private Message Find more posts by batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Eh I didn't have any real problems with it, Jar Jar just felt indifferent. Anakin was kinda understandable, slave, then being torn from his mother, emotional turmoil(fear), space scene though with him was ehhh.....saber fight was good.

But my opinion, least fav of all 7 but I'll still watch it.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

wow, i missed that footage. how the hell did george lucas ever allow a video to be made of him criticizing his own creation?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Meh it's mainly the commentator giving his own analysis. Not near enough context to what Lucas is saying.

I loved TPM personally (except for Jar Jar). My 2nd favorite of the Prequels. It is the film that gave us Darth Maul after all.

But my opinions about it aside, it was a massive massive hit back in 2009, on the scale of the first Jurassic Park.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's from the TPM DVD; I remember that. It's a rough cut viewing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Jar Jar is the key to all this.

See it's like poetry; it rhymes. Hopefully it'll work.

It's stylistically designed to be that way. But we can mitigate the effects.

I may have gone too far in a few places.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 03:46 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The prequels are gold thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 09:34 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

This was from the viewing the first cut. Obviously that was even worse than what we got to see.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 11:39 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
This was from the viewing the first cut. Obviously that was even worse than what we got to see.

yeah but they pointed out problems which GL said were irreversible/unfixable due to the way the scenes were laid out.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, yeah... but we don't know how bad it was. We only know how bad it turned out. wink

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:51 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

ah yes, imagine the horrors they witnessed. is it just me or were rick mccallum's eyes bleeding?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:54 PM
queeq
Chaos

I wonder how often his friends remind him of the 'every frame has so much going on, it's so dense' line. Wow, did his admiration drop to the floor here...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:57 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

oh yeah. now i remember what that clip reminded me of.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 07:52 PM