KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Maul pins Sidious with force?

Maul pins Sidious with force?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul pins Sidious with force?

I came across this, anyone have some info?
https://youtu.be/zQTdHU5u4Ig?t=4m58s

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was a prototype/not canon. Even if you use that Maul did nothing to Sidious who just laughed it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8cf8fEwQU

MUST READ, NONE DARE CALL IT CONSPIRACY by Gary Allen.

http://www.whale.to/b/allen_b1.html

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Agusto Pinochet a Private Message Find more posts by Agusto Pinochet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It was a deleted scene so could be non-canon now. But it does show the missing part of the fight that we don't see in the episode.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't see how/why a deleted scene would be canon. It was deleted for a reason, after all. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Reason was time constraints.

And Some sort of fight clearly happened in the Palace that we didn't see, deleted scene or not.

Still I admit, they might have changed it if they included it, so can't be used as evidence I guess.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sidious already called him a rival and the force can catch him off guard just like when Yoda force pushed him anyways.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 12:49 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sidious already called him a rival and the force can catch him off guard just like when Yoda force pushed him anyways.
While it's true that Palpatine can be caught off guard, it's also true that Maul is a FAR cry from Yoda.

Anyway, the impression I got from the scene is that Maul was pinning/holding Palpatine against his will, and Palpatine resorted to force-dropping the ceiling fixture toward Maul in order to make him lose focus so that he could break free. If true, it would mean that Maul momentarily overpowered Palpatine with the Force... In which case I can understand why the scene was cut/deleted.

During the episode itself, Filoni went out of his way to show us that the Brothers weren't even remotely close to Palpatine's level... Especially with the Force. He toyed with them effortlessly in that area. That said, including the scene in question would have somewhat undermined the the tone of the entire battle(ergo it getting snipped.)

Furthermore, it's still a deleted scene that, judging by the rudimentary graphics, barely made it past the pre-production phase--so we know it was cut VERY early. No way in hell it should be regarded as canon, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 1st, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Makes sense.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:27 AM