KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who is Snoke?

Who is Snoke?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Among the dead characters I want him to be Master Sifo-Dyas or a clone of his thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Snoke doesn't have to be a Sith. And no, it's not a natural progression as he is a throwaway mention and furthermore one who is dead.

Considering the 6 movies and two television shows dedicated to showing the Sith as the mortal enemy of the Jedi, I strongly disagree. If Snoke isn't a Sith it'll be bad writing imo.

I'm not saying Snoke being Plagueis is a natural progression, I'm saying Snoke being a Sith is a natural progression considering they've been an overarching antagonists for 6 movies and two television shows.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 06:26 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry, comparing the mentions of the Emperor in ANH and Plagueis in ROTS doesn't convince at all- putting an Emperor into an Empire in thre first part of a developing story is far more obviously something to be explored than adding a relatively trivial background detail like Plagueis into a story already completed. He's already served his need, and as I mention before, he's now effectively meaningless. Using him adds nothing- indeed, perhaps rather less- than coming up with a fresh idea.

I think it is slightly absurd- and rather limited in vision- to outright declare that Snoke not being a Sith is bad writing. Give other ideas a chance. Let these people tell their own story. I would personally claim that as the entire point of the original six films is that Anakin permanently destroys the Sith, saying that there was another one left is hardly brilliant writing- I'd live with it, but I'd much prefer an alternative.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 29th, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 09:05 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The Sith lost in a pretty sweet swan song. Let those losers rest forever thumb up

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Of course it's mentioned in Episode 7 the Force isn't in Balance so Anakin has not successfully completed his Prophecy into Ep.7 anyway.

That being said "Sith" are just a cult of Darksiders, so we know there can be many other dark side followers.

Still there is the risk of confusing the GA saying these new Darksiders are not Sith IMO.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 09:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Indeed, I see no reason of dwelling with the Sith when you can get a different cult with new beliefs/abilities.

It'd be cool if the Force is unbalanced for reasons unrelated with previous plots too.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 09:53 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually the line wasn't that the Force was unbalanced but that there'd be no hope for balance without the Jedi- that's a bit different. Wiping the Sith balanced it but it still needs to be kept that way.

With regards to the GA- I doubt even half of them know what a Sith is. I wouldn't worry about confusion.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 29th, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 10:02 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ushgarak

With regards to the GA- I doubt even half of them know what a Sith is. I wouldn't worry about confusion.

Really? I've found it's become a name quite well known as the opposite of Jedi. But agree it wouldn't be much of an issue, just as long as there's a line differentiating the new cult. Just like the line explaining these Troopers are not Clones in TFA.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 01:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I wonder Snoke is a failed apprentice of the Emperor that was presumed dead?

Or maybe he was a Jedi that survived order 66 and went to the Darkside while hiding.

It does seem like he has had training before because he is passing his knowledge unto Kylo.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Serkis mentioned that he is thousands of years old- that's not completely authoritative but it seems likely. He seems like an anti-Yoda. It leaves the door open for him being a non-Sith Dark Sider from an earlier time... or not. We'll see.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 02:11 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Serkis mentioned that he is thousands of years old- that's not completely authoritative but it seems likely. He seems like an anti-Yoda. It leaves the door open for him being a non-Sith Dark Sider from an earlier time... or not. We'll see.
I didn't know that.

That would be a pretty interesting story to unfold.

I wonder if they will make him part of a secret cult of Darksiders. Like the Sith tried to take power by force while they bid their time to strike when the Galaxy was at it's weakest.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 02:14 PM
Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I hope it's not gonna be Darth Bane.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 03:01 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it would kinda cheese up the saga for me if he turns out to be a sith. kinda contradicts yoda's slippery slope warning to luke about the dark path, if its also required that a dark jedi be indoctrinated into one specific ancient cult. bleh

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 29th, 2015 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah bleh...

There is the thing though that we have two little things that point to who he is:

1. Serkis said Snoke was thousands of years old... And the SW site says he is strong with the dark side.

2. He saw the rise and fall of the Empire... so I dunno... if he is a Sith or an ancient Dark Side user... it diminishes Palpatine... plus it raises a lot of weird questions.

Again: I hope it's Jar Jar. wink

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 07:10 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I like the idea of Snoke being a rival dark sider to the Sith. Perhaps another dark side religious faction that lost to the Sith thousands of years ago?

Snoke could be the vestiges of leadership from that rival Dark Side faction. Biding his time until the last of the Sith died out (perhaps he was feeding off of their demise and becomes stronger with each Sith's death?")

Clearly, he is very well trained in Force arts because he wishes to train Kylo.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 08:00 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Snoke is thousands of years old? Where was that stated? I've looked through a few interviews by Serkis and couldn't find it.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 08:08 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by dadudemon
I like the idea of Snoke being a rival dark sider to the Sith. Perhaps another dark side religious faction that lost to the Sith thousands of years ago?

Snoke could be the vestiges of leadership from that rival Dark Side faction. Biding his time until the last of the Sith died out (perhaps he was feeding off of their demise and becomes stronger with each Sith's death?")

Clearly, he is very well trained in Force arts because he wishes to train Kylo.
Yeah that could be fun to see.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 08:09 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by ares834
Snoke is thousands of years old? Where was that stated? I've looked through a few interviews by Serkis and couldn't find it.

Actually, double-checking that- a number of sites SAY Serkis said this, but they don't quote him, so put this one down to Chinese whispers.

Serkis did imply he was very old, though.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 10:06 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Apparently they experimented with the idea of Snoke being female, so that makes it less likely that he's Plagueis (who was obviously a pre-determined male).

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 12:32 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Actually, double-checking that- a number of sites SAY Serkis said this, but they don't quote him, so put this one down to Chinese whispers.

Serkis did imply he was very old, though.

they may have gotten his profile confused with maz kanata, who is in fact over a thousand years old.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote