KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who are the parents of Rey?

Who are the parents of Rey?
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 31st, 2015 at 04:32 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 04:29 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

if ep VIII proves me right you read it here first.

Rey seems to have psychometry

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 04:30 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

laughing Looks nothing like the offspring of Quinlan would look.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 07:21 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
It's pretty simple, the lightsaber that belonged to Luke Skywalker is now calling out to his daughter, because of a family connection.

Just for discussion sake... if Rey turns out NOT to be related to the Skywalkers, how would you explain this?

In other words: apart from the sabre there is no reason at all to suggest a connection. And we've never seen such a sabre connection in the saga... so the argument is thin at least.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 04:00 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
laughing Looks nothing like the offspring of Quinlan would look.
quin has dark hair. brown eyes. genetics.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 06:10 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by redpill
quin has dark hair. brown eyes. genetics.

then please explain:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Quinlan had a daughter this daughter then had a 1 night stand with Luke who then gave birth to Rey.

hence psychometry

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 09:54 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Quinlan Vos was stated to be Kenobi's age, which means he was born in 57BBY.
Order 666 commenced in 19BBY. -Quin=38y/o
ANH takes place 19 years after RotS. -Quin=57y/o
RotJ is set 4 years after ANH. -Quin=61y/o
Rey was born roughly 11 years after the battle of Endor. -Quin=72y/o

For your theory to work it would mean Quin was ~70 years old when he sired Rey... I suppose it's not entirely out of the question, but it is certainly a long shot. Imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Galan007
Quinlan Vos was stated to be Kenobi's age, which means he was born in 57BBY.
Order 666 commenced in 19BBY. -Quin=38y/o
ANH takes place 19 years after RotS. -Quin=57y/o
RotJ is set 4 years after ANH. -Quin=61y/o
Rey was born roughly 11 years after the battle of Endor. -Quin=72y/o

For your theory to work it means a 70 year old man would have sired Rey... I suppose it's not entirely out of the question, but it is certainly a long shot. Imo.

just take some vitamins and sunshine laughing

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:59 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

K, can someone please explain why luke skywalker would have a kid?

He's a Jedi, who should know the teachings of yoda on attachments being forbidden, leading to the darkside, etc. I heard Luke being married in the eu with Mara jade or whatever. But, even in the past with the eu, that didn't seem right. Should it seem right now, that Luke can have offspring?

If Rey is his daughter, then he would be an exempt case for Jedi....

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 04:00 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes, attachment is forbidden per the Jedi Code, but that didn't stop other prominent Jedi(namely Anakin and Quinlan) from falling in love nonetheless. Heck, you could even argue that Kenobi, one of the most incorruptible characters in the mythos, formed a strong/love-esque attachment to Satine... But I digress.

The point is that Luke certainly isn't infallible. He received a few sentences of 'ethics training' from Kenobi and Yoda, but had to piece everything else together himself. If he fell in love with a woman and sired a child(ie. Rey) I don't see how he'd be any less of a respectable Jedi..? Heck, maybe Kylo slaughtered Luke's lover/wife, which, coupled with the destruction of his New Jedi Order, is what really put him on a sharp downward spiral into self-imposed exile..?

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 1st, 2016 at 04:46 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Luke and some woman

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 05:32 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Just like Snoke isn't PLageuis, Rey is very doubtful to be Luke's daughter. Simply from the makers' point of view: they want as little PT dodginess as possible. So they avoid all the PT weirdness, which kinda started in ROTJ with the Luke-Leia connection.

I know Kasdan was not into the sibling thing all of a sudden, because that was never the plan. So I seriously doubt they'll bring in another comvenient family relation into this.

Despite everything you think you see in TFA, there's also what the makers are trying to do. And a big part is to avoid everything that smells of the PT.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 12:53 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

we dont know that kasdan didnt like the idea. he wrote under the assumption that there would be 2 trilogies dealing with that particular story arc instead of 1.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 04:55 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by queeq
Just for discussion sake... if Rey turns out NOT to be related to the Skywalkers, how would you explain this?

In other words: apart from the sabre there is no reason at all to suggest a connection. And we've never seen such a sabre connection in the saga... so the argument is thin at least.
There are tonne of connections between Luke & Rey beyond the saber brah, and we've never seen saber connections in the saga full stop. It's new territory, and I'm speculating on possible mechanics. Clearly some kind of connection exists however.

As for your question, "cause space magic" is the best I can come up with. And I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they went down that route.

EDIT: One thing however that doesn't make sense full stop is, if Rey had visions when she touched the lightsaber, why didn't Luke?

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 3rd, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 10:28 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think the universe has enough scope to warrant Rey not being Luke's daughter, it would just reek of GL too much. BB-8 was made using spare bits of C-3PO after he was dismantled on Bespin in ESB though! Promise ya!!!

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 12:29 PM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
we dont know that kasdan didnt like the idea.

We do. Just read The Making of Return of the Jedi...

Originally posted by Beniboybling
There are tonne of connections between Luke & Rey beyond the saber brah, and we've never seen saber connections in the saga full stop. It's new territory, and I'm speculating on possible mechanics. Clearly some kind of connection exists however.

As for your question, "cause space magic" is the best I can come up with. And I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they went down that route.

EDIT: One thing however that doesn't make sense full stop is, if Rey had visions when she touched the lightsaber, why didn't Luke?

Well, what are the connections that have no other explanations? There only IS the sabre. And indeed: we have no precedence of a Force connection through the sabre (and don't mention EU here). To me, that's the only one.

Here are two other points why we should not conclude so hastily that Rey is a Skywalker.

1. We know from the PT there are many Force sensitive people in the universe. Including very powerful ones: Mace, Yoda, OB1, Anakin... So to be Force sensitive you don't HAVE to be a Skywalker.

2. Rey's force sensitivity isn't explained by possibly being a Skywalker. Leia is that attuned, neither is Ren.

At this point there is NO hard evidence to claim that Rey is a Skywalker. There is canon precedence that people can be Force sensitive without being a Skywalker and can be guided by the Force. The only thing I see now is that Rey is Force sensitive and for some reason the Force is using Luke's old sabre to bring her to him to be trained. Just like the Force guided QGJ through a blockade to Tatooine and Anakin.

Last edited by queeq on Jan 4th, 2016 at 01:43 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 04:33 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

While I am currently of the opinion that Rey is Luke's daughter, I would also not be surprised if the next film throws a twist in the mix, and gives Rey some sort of left-field origin. /shrug

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 06:00 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Oh sure other indications leave room for other possibilities, but its a culmative argument. Anyway concerning the lightsaber connection, we do have a precedent, see the quote from the Star Wars databank (Canon) and the Younglings arc from TCW (Canon) - its conceptual but still established within the new Canon.

Granted TFA could establish a new precedent of the Force working through objects (rather than just events) but I can't help but find it overly contrived. It makes the Force too much of a Mcguffin and risks overdoing the Chosen One shtick.

Anyway at the very least I think she must be one of (or related to) one of Luke's old students, if not Luke himself given other clues.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 10:07 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JediRobin23
K, can someone please explain why luke skywalker would have a kid?

He's a Jedi, who should know the teachings of yoda on attachments being forbidden, leading to the darkside, etc.

Well Luke's the GM of his own Jedi Order now (before Kylo Ren destroyed it), so he can change the code as appropriate. After all the old Order was flawed, which lead to it's downfall.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote