KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
I think much sooner than that. Don't forget how much the merchandise rakes in.

The numbers they don't release are the advertising/marketing campaigns. Some estimates for big movies like these put those budgets, alone, at more than double the production costs. There are also pre-production and post-production costs that we are unaware of.

So I put out a conservative estimate of 4 years. 3 movies ought to put the $4 billion investment into profitability. I don't think Rogue One will break $500 million at the box office. Episode 8 should do almost as well if not better than TFA. That should be enough, if you consider pre-post-and marketing costs.

But you could be right. Merchandising may actually have already put this movie close to profitability for Disney's purchase. But it is highly unlikely they will release those figures to prove that.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 07:02 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

4 billion recovered in no time...2012-2016 or 2017....

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 01:34 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Here's a perfect example of the $$$$..

http://news.yahoo.com/indiana-jones...-110905006.html

Indy 4 sucked, and they didn't take the hint...

Also, there going to make a Han Solo standalone Star Wars film without Harrison Ford being the character?

The actor for a character has never been replaced in the history of Star Wars before....

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Jan 1st, 2016 at 07:24 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 07:10 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Tell that to Ewan McGregor.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It's OK guys, Lucas has gone back on his white slaver comment and released a squeaky clean PC statement to satisfy y'all:

"Disney is doing an incredible job of taking care of and expanding the franchise. I rarely go out with statements to clarify my feelings but I feel it is important to make it clear that I am thrilled that Disney has the franchise and is moving it in such exciting directions in film, television, and the parks."

"Most of all, I'm blown away with the record-breaking blockbuster success of the new movie and am very proud of [director JJ Abrams] and [Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy]."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ge...-/1100-6433443/

I wonder how much they threatened to sue him for. Business ethics ftw. thumb up

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 1st, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:56 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

I seem to remember that TPM merchandise alone made them earn back the costs of the movie. So I think it is a bargain for Disney, but they have to pour money in it to keep it going. But I think they will do fine.

Was ILM included in the deal though? Someone just mentioned that a few posts before. But I seriously doubt that, ILM is a separate company.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 12:47 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

ILM are a division of Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm are now a parent company of Disney, so yeah they own them now.

"In 2012, The Walt Disney Company acquired ILM as part of its purchase of Lucasfilm."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indus...Light_%26_Magic

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wow...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 02:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Tell that to Ewan McGregor.

That was ok as obiwan was much younger.

Han Solo in anh age played by another actor....don't think so....

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 03:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So you think Harrison Ford now should play the Han Solo of decades ago?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 1st, 2016 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

The make-up and CGI people will have a ball.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 04:22 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

or give him the andy serkis treatment...could you imagine? yuk.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Ushgarak
So you think Harrison Ford now should play the Han Solo of decades ago?

No, they shouldn't even bother with a Han Solo movie.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 05:26 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's not an unreasonable view in of itself, but I think disallowing it on the grounds that no-one else could play a classic-aged Solo is a bit much. I'm willing to give someone a chance- if they are crap, then so be it!

BtVS

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 05:53 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i just wish they could get past previous storylines and break new ground for the side-projects.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yes, no one else can play young Han in my opinion.

I would rather watch a standalone ewok movie or a ewok documentary on the evolution of ewoks on endor

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:09 PM
Zenwolf

Good news Jedi, there was an Ewok movie made before ROTJ!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

wow, there was an ewok movie:

Caravan of courage. An Ewok adventure.

Can't believe I never heard or seen that....

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Jan 1st, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:27 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

...and they made an ewok tv series as well! looks like someone has their weekend planned. wink

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:37 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

It's on YouTube

http://youtu.be/-lksCXH49DA

Looks very cheesy....

Since these weren't taken very seriously (well I would hope not), then an anthology series may not be so bad. As long as it stays clear of the episodes....

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:45 PM