KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How Gerorge Lucas sold Star Wars

How Gerorge Lucas sold Star Wars
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

How Gerorge Lucas sold Star Wars

Lucas: These are my kids.

Rose: All those Star Wars films.

Lucas: All the Star Wars films.

Rose: They were your kids?

Lucas: Well, they are. I loved them, I created them. I’m very intimately involved in them. And, obviously, to sell them off—

Rose: And you sold them.

Lucas: I sold them off to the the white slavers who take these things and...[laughs]

How can he say that ? sick

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-not-so-bri...-abo-1750464055

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 08:24 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

He's bitter that they didn't do exactly what he would have done. I'm sure he already regrets saying the "white slavers" bit.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 08:51 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

he's like one of those guys who claims to be "so over" his ex, but keeps posting mean bitter stuff about her on his facebook wall.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

For oil....

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 01:31 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He's apologised for the comment and praised what Disney is doing with Star Wars.

You can stop attacking him now and worship your new Lord and Saviour DISNEY

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

From one dark lord to the other? wink

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 12:49 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He's apologised for the comment and praised what Disney is doing with Star Wars.

That's good of him if he did.

Also, grow up. erm

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 03:05 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
laughing out loud

At the very least I thank George for the lols.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 1st, 2016 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I don't think any less of Lucas even before he apologized so who cares....

He's still the lord...of the old star wars

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 03:19 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 04:23 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

He apologized only after people got offended and made a big deal about it. Up until that apology he was acting pissy about Disney/New Star Wars.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 08:39 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, I understand. A project like that does feel like your children. And it will take some time for him to get used to this.

I know how it feels, in fact. I developed, wrote and directed a documentary series. I did 22 episodes and they ordered another three when I was totally unavailable. They refused to reschedule, so others wrote and directed the final three episodes. And frankly, I find it hard to be enthusiastic about them... They also terminated the series...

So leave him be.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 04:50 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yeah. Poor George. I'm sure it was a very difficult decision to sell the franchise, and watch it be very successful without him.......

He got rid of the burden and the PT hater fans didn't help.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 08:00 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, he could have made better films of course. Collect some great minds around him, not just yes-men and yes-women. After all, he is the man who disliked ESB the most of all movies... while that is the best appreciated film of the entire saga. So somewhere in history Lucas kinda lost scope on what makes a movie work, or how a great collaboration makes a movie work as he became totally in control of his films.

Honestly, I can recommend any SW to read The Making of... books of the OT. They are excellent, honest. Especially TMO SW and TMO ESB show what a brilliant film maker Lucas was at the time. A true visionary, developing his story as he went along. (he once opened down the words 'Chosen One' for Luke... in ROTJ he claimed very clearly that Yoda and Palpatine were Force users of a different league, that they did NOT use lightsabers... etc etc).

It's during/after his divorce stuff changed in Lucas. You can se that in TMO ROTJ and TMO Indiana Jones. He admitted it himself, he was in a darker place. But his judgement changed as well for these movies. I guess in the Indy movies there was Spielberg as a powerful counterpart. But for ROTJ and everything after that, no strong side kick was there anymore. I fear ESB was the height of the collaboration of Lucas, Kurtz and Kasdan... and Kershner as well, of course. But that trio really made SW step into a momentarily grand universe of stories. Unfortunately cut short, literally in ROTJ.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 04:41 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I'm suspecting that there re writing episode 8 at this time.....

Old Post Jan 20th, 2016 05:45 AM
queeq
Chaos

Why?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2016 06:57 PM